“Standard Quality” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Standard Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would say this is still the best Indian restaurant in Bellingham. The atmosphere, service, and food are all good. If you enjoy spicy food but have never had good Indian, you should enjoy Cafe Curry. As an Indian food enthusiast, I find the food is a bit bland with definite room for improvement.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hawaii
“Why isn't this restaurant busier?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Indian Flavors didn't have the best Indian food we've ever eaten, but it was very, very good. The service was attentive but unobtrusive and the restaurant itself was attractive and welcoming. I don't really understand why, during prime dinner hour, there were more staff than customers.

Visited July 2012
Bremerton, Washington
“We Used to Love this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My bf and I have eaten here about a dozen times, but no more! They have my most favorite Indian dish, Paneer Tikka, which I've eaten so many times in India. The last three or four times I've gone down in spice level and there's never a difference. It's always so spicy I can't enjoy the food. Even ordering a "one" did no good. We've given up. Last time was the final straw. They were out of Paneer and said it would be ten minutes. At thirty minutes they offered us cold papadam to shut us up. The relatively new waiter upsells from what the customer orders. "You don't want that unhealthy plain white rice," he insisted. We were used to complimentary rice with full meal orders previously. We will NEVER ever return and I'm sorry. The buffet is okay, but it was still being served after 4 p.m. That's just not fresh food in my book.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Zero portion control!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We found the waiter somewhat surly - he also gave misinformation - telling us the "Ski to Sea" event would be on Monday, when, in reality, it took place a day earlier on the Sunday before Memorial Day. The Tandoori plates we ordered were way too large - a half portion could have easily fed two. Neither of us could finish our food and we weren't in a position to take it with us. The flavor was nothing to write home about - just average. As well, I don't think our coupons were properly credited. There's no coffee or regular tea available there either.

Visited May 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Run of the mill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I go here often, but really there is nothing outstanding about the restaurant. There are limited Indian options in town. We usually go to the buffet, which is adequate, but quite small with limited variation. The food is usually tasty, but again, there is nothing extraordinary. The wait staff are usually distant and aloof, but always polite. The restaurant decor is bland and ordinary. Except for the televisions playing some Bollywood, one would not know it wasn't a pizza joint. Overall, there is plenty of "okay." Good for a quick stop, but nothing extravagant.

• Visited February 2012