“friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Coachman Inn
120 North Samish Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
A TripAdvisor Member
“friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

my wife and i stayed there aweek we had no problems with anything
friendly people and the hotel is close to the shopping we did
THANK-YOU

R@L IN PRINGE GEORGE,B.C.

• Stayed April 2005

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fountain Valley, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2004

It's a good thing I didn't read the reviews before I stopped at the Coachman Inn. I stopped in without reservations. I asked to see a room, and was shown one cheerfully. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The AC works better than some I've dealt with. The pool was clean and inviting, although the deck chairs need repair or replacing. My week stay here has been pleasant. I've had no complaints with the room or the staff. I suggest travelers check out the motel before judging. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Bellingham.

• Stayed June 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2003

Stay away from this "roach motel"! This was the absolute worst! From the second I walked into the hotel, I knew I was NOT going to stay there! It was FILTHY! Smelled bad, and the front desk clerk, who by the way is the manager, was horribly rude. He called me names and threatened me. All of this simply because I asked to see the room before I paid. Also, he did this in front of my children. I left ASAP, called the police to make a report, and called my credit card company to delete the charge. DO NOT STAY HERE unless you like to be treated like dirt, and stay in filth.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2003

This hotel has the worse cancellation policies. They will tell you to cancel within 72 hrs of your stay, but when you try to cancel out the reservations clerks become very rude & tell you you can not cancel your reservation. Like most soccer teams you book early, if you call within a week they tell you you have to cancel within 4 weeks of the date you made the reservation. I have stayed at many hotels & no one has a policy like this. I just cancelled 12 rooms fro a tournament that did not have enough teams to play & the hotel was very nice about it unlike the Coachman Inn. I reccomend you never stay here then you won't have to deal with their rude clerks. Worse customer service I have seen!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2003

We visited Bellingham as part of a large group attending a soccer tournament. No longer am I surprised as to why this hotel had rooms available for our team. I do not imagine that the Coachman is full of very many repeat customers, as I can assure you that we will not be back.

They have an inflexible reservations policy where the rooms had to be paid for weeks before we stayed there. Not a big deal, but certainly different than a real hotel chain and not convenient for those people who needed to change plans at the last minute.

Regarding the property: The bathroom had mold growing in the seams of the wallpaper. The sink wouldn't hold water, while the bathtub wouldn't allow it to drain. The water pressure in the shower was miserable. The toilet ran all night. The beds were rock hard. Phone calls could not be transferred to the rooms. A caller has to leave a message with the front desk, who turns on the message light on the phone in the room.
The room occupant then has to call the front desk to obtain the message and then call the original caller. There is not an alarm clock in any of the rooms and absdurdly enough, the front desk does NOT give wake up calls. I've never heard of that before. Not very convenient.

Three redeeming features of the hotel.

1. The ice machine worked flawlessly.
2. There is a built in bottle opener in the room.
3. A terrific view of the property. In fact the second nicest view in the Bellingham area (after Mt. Baker) was the view of the Coachman Inn from our rear view mirror as we were driving away from the property after we had checked out.

If the Coachman Inn is the answer to your hotel needs in Bellingham, you simply aren't asking the right question.

We won't be back, and suggest that you avoid this property at all costs.

Been to Coachman Inn? Share your experiences!