This review is based on expectations for a budget type motel. We checked in around 10pm and although on our phone reservation we were promised a King room, they only had a Queen room by the time we arrived. We stayed 2 nts and were told we could move to a King for the 2nd nt, but my wife said she was happy with our room. We only needed to sleep and get showered there and spent very little time in the room. Bed was comfortable. 3 pillows supplied with varying thickness and compressibility. Clean room included a decent sized table for a desk and a small, lighted alcove with a mirror that could be used as a makeup area. New vinyl floor in the bathroom. For the WIFI, they have many secured networks, although even after getting the updated password from the front office, web pages would not load. There was an unsecured network that worked and loaded web pages properly. The owner/manager did offer a plug in modem next morning when I mentioned it to him, but I declined it as we would not need it until late at night. Heater worked fine and hot water was responsive and plentiful. Walls are a bit thin as I heard some sneezing (or yelling) briefly. Doors had old doorknob key locks, but also had a separate deadbolt. Although motel is older, grounds are clean and the building had a nice paint job. Sauna was advertised, but did not check it out. Short blackout curtains allowed quite a bit of light into the room through the top and bottom. Basic continental breakfast: instant oatmeal, cold cereal, apple & orange juice, milk, coffee, assorted muffins, bananas and coffee. Indoor hot tub is about 20 yards across the parking lot from the seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Only 1 bath towel supplied. Manager said the rooms with one bed should have had 3 bath towels. He was going to follow up with his staff. Area had several other budget motels and some family and fast food restaurants. Price was right and met our expectations. Staff was friendly and responsive. My wife thought we would likely stay here again with the boys.
+ clean room, hot water-responsive and plentiful, room heater worked well although a bit noisy
- secured WIFI did not work properly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good quality rooms at a fair price. complementary breakfast, wireless internet, extended cable with 10 HBO channels, free local calls, Fitness center with Dry Sauna, heated swimming pool, and coin laundry on site. Clean and comfortable rooms and customer service at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Coachman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel Bellingham
- Coachman Motel Bellingham