Finally, a value-for-money place to stay while blowing through town. Poor Bellingham, we never come to stay and play. We’re always on our way somewhere and just need a quiet room and comfortable bed for the night. Up until now, staying in Bellingham has always felt like a you-get-what-you-pay for experience and we’ve bowed to it. But TripAdvisor reviews lead us here in November and we were pleasantly surprised. It’s clean, comfortable and quiet. The most important things. The bathroom always matters (not too small, ideally with a bathtub, but if not then at least enough elbow room to avoid claustrophobia). Not looking for luxury, but not wanting a dive either. So, the Coachman wins.
The only serious drawback is that the room was redolent with cleaning ‘fragrances’ — almost enough to make me reconsider. Really, in this day and age, with an abundance of fragrance-free cleaning products, there’s no reason for this and I hope, next time I come, this will have resolved itself. It’s hard to breathe in a room that needs so much airing before sleep. I think there’s a responsive management in place here which means that this might be rectified at some point.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel
- Coachman Hotel Bellingham
- Coachman Motel Bellingham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good quality rooms at a fair price. complementary breakfast, wireless internet, extended cable with 10 HBO channels, free local calls, Fitness center with Dry Sauna, heated swimming pool, and coin laundry on site. Clean and comfortable rooms and customer service at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Coachman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.