I wrote a pretty scathing but well-deserved review of this place back in 2006 - my wife and I had previously stayed here numerous times for years - but the new owners at that time had let it become essentially a dump.
HOWEVER, since Mohinder took over (not "Mohamed" as one reviewer recently referred to him - he is clearly Indian) this place has just gotten better and better. We have stayed here several times over the last couple of years and have chatted with Mohinder a couple of times - he is a very nice, easy-going guy who knows how to run his business and keeps upgrading the facilities - over time he has replaced many items in the rooms incl. the beds (quite comfortable), the tvs, the air-conditioning/heater units, the carpets, the bathroom mirrors, "etc., etc., etc". (Thank you, Yul Brynner!)
I see there are about 3 recent very negative reviews and I just don't understand it - doesn't sound at all like The Coachman the way it is now.
Mohinder and his staff are very friendly, take great pains to keep it pretty quiet (quite a few CCTV cameras, with a monitor at the front desk) and the breakfast is pretty darn ok considering.
Anyway, you get the idea: reasonably priced, comfortable, clean, quiet, very friendly owner and staff - definitely "value for money".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good quality rooms at a fair price. complementary breakfast, wireless internet, extended cable with 10 HBO channels, free local calls, Fitness center with Dry Sauna, heated swimming pool, and coin laundry on site. Clean and comfortable rooms and customer service at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Coachman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel Bellingham
- Coachman Motel Bellingham