This is our third stay at this hotel (we used it before our train departure for Portland, and again on our return). We also stayed here two years ago.
The Coachman is excellent. For the dollar, I doubt you'll find a better place in Bellingham. There's lots to like here. The property is impeccably taken care of ... every day you'll find someone doing some work to maintain the building and grounds (e.g. a gardener). The rooms vary in size ... we had a really large queen double before leaving on the train and a smaller double double when we returned. Both were large enough for our 4 member family including a 2 and 5 year old. The rooms are modern with great beds, flat screen TV (with lots of channels), excellent water and solid wi-fi. You will always feel safe here. You can see at the front desk that they have a number of cameras monitoring the facility and grounds. We love the pool ... it's heated to a perfect temperature and we spent hot and cooler days in there. Kids loved it. Most of the time, we had it to ourselves.
Their breakfast is pretty basic, but it's all we wanted. The room they hold it in always seemed to have seats and the attendant was very helpful.
Overall, you'll love this place. If you see a negative review on this site, respect it I suppose ... but we've been here a number of times over a stretch of time and have never been disappointed. It's a great place.
One final point to make ... once you get here, you should be able to walk pretty much anywhere for food. There are lots of choices within a few hundred feet of the facility (not just fast food either), and about a block away is a grocery store called Haggens which has a sit down deli where you can get anything you could imagine from Chinese, to a sub or salad bar. Entrees were about $7-8, although our kids had mac and cheese for $1.99.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good quality rooms at a fair price. complementary breakfast, wireless internet, extended cable with 10 HBO channels, free local calls, Fitness center with Dry Sauna, heated swimming pool, and coin laundry on site. Clean and comfortable rooms and customer service at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Coachman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel Bellingham
- Coachman Motel Bellingham