We visited Bellingham as part of a large group attending a soccer tournament. No longer am I surprised as to why this hotel had rooms available for our team. I do not imagine that the Coachman is full of very many repeat customers, as I can assure you that we will not be back.
They have an inflexible reservations policy where the rooms had to be paid for weeks before we stayed there. Not a big deal, but certainly different than a real hotel chain and not convenient for those people who needed to change plans at the last minute.
Regarding the property: The bathroom had mold growing in the seams of the wallpaper. The sink wouldn't hold water, while the bathtub wouldn't allow it to drain. The water pressure in the shower was miserable. The toilet ran all night. The beds were rock hard. Phone calls could not be transferred to the rooms. A caller has to leave a message with the front desk, who turns on the message light on the phone in the room.
The room occupant then has to call the front desk to obtain the message and then call the original caller. There is not an alarm clock in any of the rooms and absdurdly enough, the front desk does NOT give wake up calls. I've never heard of that before. Not very convenient.
Three redeeming features of the hotel.
1. The ice machine worked flawlessly.
2. There is a built in bottle opener in the room.
3. A terrific view of the property. In fact the second nicest view in the Bellingham area (after Mt. Baker) was the view of the Coachman Inn from our rear view mirror as we were driving away from the property after we had checked out.
If the Coachman Inn is the answer to your hotel needs in Bellingham, you simply aren't asking the right question.
We won't be back, and suggest that you avoid this property at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good quality rooms at a fair price. complementary breakfast, wireless internet, extended cable with 10 HBO channels, free local calls, Fitness center with Dry Sauna, heated swimming pool, and coin laundry on site. Clean and comfortable rooms and customer service at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Coachman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel Bellingham
- Coachman Motel Bellingham