“Good food at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 450 restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Bamboo Garden, conveniently located in Downtown Bellevue.
Description: Bamboo Garden, conveniently located in Downtown Bellevue.
Winlock, Washington
“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was in here somewhat late on a Friday evening. I think the restaurant was about to close. We ordered 'Hot and Sour' soup as a starter and had our two main dishes as we were finishing our soup. Very good service, and good food. I think that we both spent about $15 including a tip. Good experience...I will go back!

• Visited April 2013

70% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent food and VERY inexpensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

You aren't going to admire the less than elegant surroundings BUT you will admire the food! The service is quick and the portions are HUGE...and lunch is like 6 bucks!!! I love that place! They are ALWAYS slammed but they get you in and out quick...TRY THEM!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very good Chinese food.. spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very good Chinese food, spicy and awesome, very nice on price but the only issue is the service. I think because of the popularity and quality of food, many people come to enjoy the food and the staff is not adequate enough to support the crowd hence they lack in promptness of service.

Overall very good food but don't expect a great service. Overall you can enjoy your dinner.

• Visited July 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Go for the spicy fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Chinese friends took me here last weekend. Decor was nice, service was typical for a Chinese restaurant (a senior waitress stood only a few feet away from our table and yelled at a waiter for some "mistake" -- made me feel like I was back in China).

The food was good, much better than the typical Chinese-American served throughout the US. We had several good dishes, and the 水煮鱼 ("Fiery Pot of Fish Morsels on a Bed of Cabbage") really stood out.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northeast USA
“Great food, but be aware in advance they do NOT take Amex!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The food is actually very good. You can get mainstream Chinese-American food or go for the authentic. We had some of both each time, and got served family-style.

Went to eat here twice. The 1st time, someone else picked up the check. The 2nd time, we called in advance, to ask if they take American Express. The woman on the phone said yes, so we went. We go to pay the check, NOPE! They don't take Amex!

To this day, I'll still never understand why places won't take it, especially a decent-sized place like this, that has a large influx of corporate travelers. This is not a tiny hole in the wall by any means. So 1 HUGE point off for that! Sorry, but when I'm traveling for work, if you don't take American Express, you unfortunately do not get my business the majority of the time. Cash only goes so far. If the surcharges are that much more for Amex, offset that in your prices and be done with it.

Sorry for the rant. In any case, if you pay cash or use Visa or MC, this is a great place to go. Just leave the Amex at home.

• Visited June 2012