“Quiet, clean, convenient, good value” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15805 SE 37th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006   |
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Quiet, clean, convenient, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed here as it was close to family we came to visit. After checking rates on internet we booked directly with hotel and received a better rate. Nice kitchenette and wireless internet in room. Bed was ok for us, but not great. Our only complaint was room was stuffy at night and we had trouble sleeping. Only options were to turn on air conditioner (noisy) or open window. Hot tub was not working and when we mentioned that one reason we decided to stay there was the hot tub they adjusted room rate without our asking. Although very close to freeway, the hotel was very quiet. Nice touches were covered parking (free) and warm cookies in evening.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear farleysmom,,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback.
I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vallejo, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stay here twice a year when I'm in Seattle for work. Love the secluded location, which is convenient to the 90 and 405 freeways. Only here for one night this trip. Got a GREAT internet weekend deal. I always request a top floor, hillside, non-smoking room. They didn't have one available so I was on the parking lot side. It was fine, but if you like it real quiet request hillside. Also, some rooms are smoking rooms and some rooms are designated for pets if there are guests with pets. If you don't want a room that allows smokers or pets, be sure to specify that! I did notice during this stay that there were big stains on the bathroom counter, the bathroom wallpaper was peeling, the room needed a touch-up paint job, and the chair fabric had some rips. This room wasn't as clean as I like to find rooms - hair strands in bathtub and dirty microwave container inside microwave (kitchenette in each room with microwave, stove, full size fridge). On the plus side, I LOVE being able to do my laundry for free here, and I love the workspace for doing computer work. Glad they recently upgraded to flatscreen TVs as well. And boy are the beds comfy! I was disappointed on Saturday a.m. when I went to breakfast around 9:15 a.m. (breakfast goes from 7 to 10 am on weekends) that they were already out of hard boiled eggs and fat free yogurt. When I asked the front desk person if more could be brought out, she said nothing more would be brought out. I do like how they reorganized the breakfast area since my last visit; it's now easier to move around with the furniture all pushed against the walls. I will continue to stay here when in Bellevue as I just love the location, the free laundry, and the super friendly staff!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Wilcatwoman,

Wichita,KS USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Secluded yet very accessible to: I-90, 405, much shopping, restaurants, plus more in a very nice area of Bellevue. Good shower and large bathroom. LAUNDRY facility was free with 4-6 washers AND dryers, and detergent for only .75cents at the desk! NICE! One bed only along with a true rack for a sofa sleeper. I almost checked out when I realized how uncomfortable this sofabed would be, but took a sleep-aid and got it over with. My travelling colleague slept on the sofa the next night without making it into "the bed" and I really enjoyed the huge comfortable bed in the bedroom. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient. Nothing to brag about, but it worked. Juice, milk, yogurt and mozarella cheese sticks in a frig, multigrain dark bread for toasting(was good), and other bread/pastry items, Special K and other cereal varieties and OATS in nice plastic serving bowls. Fruit(apples) was usually available throughout the day and cookies set out in the evening. Coffee and hot water(or tepid)for tea(provided) are available at the elevator doors all day. Nice free parking outdoors and in. EMPHASIZE the ONE-BED situation here. It's very comfortable and that bed is great!! But if you need two beds, consider carefully what you're getting into. There's a large flatscreen TV and DVD player within a cabinet, which door must remain open to use the dvd-player remote(clutzy). BIG SPACE around the entry door with a lot of hard-tiled floor which moves through a big kitchen area with "island" table.
Recommend you make the very short drive to Cougar Mountain Park and take in some walking or hiking there. It's only "around the corner", beautiful and short minutes to get there! It's very small but worth it for a 1-3 hour nature excursion.
There's a small newly built church across the parking lot which seemed to have good attendance on Sunday. We decided not to attend, but it provided a large extra parking area which was peaceful and quiet throughout our stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Rextrent,

Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed here on a day when the Seattle area was experiencing a heat wave. All of the locals without A/C were staying in hotels. So the hotel was packed. Think this was rare for them to be so full. The hot tub is outside, which was kind of nice, as it cooled down in the mornings. It came with a free breakfast but the food was out within an hour. I might try this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I really liked this property, confirming several of the positive reviews. I had a nice studio room, which afforded more space, especially with a desk to do work. I didn't take advantage of the kitchenette, but that could be handy in longer stays. Continental breakfast is fine with a good selection of cereals, oatmeal, items to toast, fruit, cheese, yogurt. The cookies in the evening are also a nice touch. Everything worked well, although the HD TVs are displaying a normal (non HD) picture stretched to be wide.

You really have to pay close attention to get there the first time, so follow the directions/map carefully, but once you get the hang of it, it's convenient to I-90 and Redmond. Service from the hotel staff was consistently good. Fitness center is somewhat limited and there is no swimming pool (and the hot tub was being repaired during my stay).

An excellent choice in the Bellevue area that's a good value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear Family / Traveler,

dloqi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed here as part of our relocation from the east coast to Seattle. My first stay here was through hotwire, in a studio room on the second floor and I was pleasantly surprised. It was not the fanciest hotel (I'd been spoiled by the newer Residence Inn), but the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the kitchens adequate, and the lobby very pleasantly decorated and laid out. The morning complimentary breakfast was pleasant, as was the free all-day coffee and evening cookies. And the parking is free! I did have an issue with the a/c unit and it took a couple of calls to the front desk to get someone up to fix it, but the problem was solved within the hour. Also when I stayed, there was some construction going on next door and I was informed that there would be no electricity in the morning. Not fun to hear (and wish the front desk clerk was a little more sympathetic about it), but I made sure to leave my room early in the morning and everything was fine when i got back that afternoon.

I returned a few weeks later after an 8-day drive across the country, now with the husband, cats and luggage in tow, to stay at while we looked for an apartment. At first I was did not consider the Larkspur an option because of the expense (no more hotwire discount) but after weighing all options, it was the best choice location, price, and cleanliness-wise, as well as considering the pet allowance and complimentary parking, in-room wireless access, breakfast, laundry facilities, and kitchen. This time I upgraded to a one-bedroom suite which was ample room for us all, and found the place to be cleaner and better than I remember. Also discovered that the laundry facilities are free! Happy times.

Criticisms are few - rooms could be a little more decorated - some areas are just empty and sparse; and directions to the hotel are a little confusing, but once you find it, it gets easier to navigate. Also there is no nearby public transportation, so a car is a must to stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

i got a great deal at orbitz and this is central location for my activities. it is located by 1-90 freeway so if you open your window, you can hear the traffic but otherwise it is relatively quiet. It is a little hard to find, just have to watch out for confusing roads. Parking is free but space is limited, and there is a sheltered garage plus outside parking. Breakfast is continental with bread, muffins, yogurt, bagel, coffee, bottled juice, fruits, cereal and instant oatmeal. The breakfast area seating is very limited so i brought it up to my room to eat.

My room comes with kitchen (fridge, microwave, stove, coffee maker, utensils) but the kitchen/bathroom cabinets are outdated and room smelled really "greasy". Had to open the windows to air out the room but it still smelled of grease. Nice big flat screen tv. Did not get a refill on complimentary shampoo/conditioner. Had a complimentary welcome basket of popcorn, tea, 2 pieces of chocolates.

hotel is just 2 exits away from downtown bellevue and about 25-30 mins to snoqualmie falls, to SEATAC airport and to downtown seattle (depending on traffic).

if not for the greasy smell, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Dear II213,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the delay in responding, I have taken your comments and rating personally and will address each concern. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

Been to Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!