“Upsetting” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellevue
“Upsetting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were checking in around 9:30pm. About an hour later, the front desk called in and said that we have asked to change a room. I told the person that we never came down to ask for different room. We are ok for the room we stay. The worse is that at 3AM, we were woke up by phone rings again. The front desk said that we need to change a room. I told him we have never asked anything and don't call us at the middle of the night! This is the worse experience we ever have in hotel stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Lily K,

I apologize for the lack of proper communication between staff and the inconvenience during your stay, I have addressed this with the Front Office manager and staff. I also apologize for the delay in responding, I have taken your comments and rating personally and will address each concern. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

First let me say, I would go here again. It's often a really good price, it's in a great location and there is free wifi.

I've stayed here twice. The first time, great service. The second...well it was interesting. I will premise this with, it's a really good price so don't expect a super chic hotel with the worlds best breakfast (breakfast was free). It's dated for the interior and the breakfast is sparse but enough to keep you going. The room is large and both times they were very good about giving me a quiet room as requested because I'm sound sensitive. The bathroom is large. The kitchen is sufficient.

The cons: The pillow/beds smell a little funny. I've been told thats a sign of bacteria. So, the second time, I brought my own pillow to help remedy the situation. The fridge is somewhat loud when it kicks on. Some rooms have a separate room for the bedroom and others do not, so bring earplugs (annoying thing #1). We had a dirty utensil in the dishwasher when we arrived (annoying/gross thing #2). Then when we went to bed at 12am and turned off the low hum from the TV our neighbors were up all night with music and singing and banging the doors (annoying thing #3). There were a few rooms that a group booked out. The frustrating part is when we were checking in the front desk gentleman (who was super nice and helpful by the way) made a point of telling us he booked us the quietest room in the hotel. The problem is that he booked us next to the loudest room. There was a girl who may or may not have been working behind the desk. As it turns out it was her group of friends or family whose rooms were encircling our room. She knew we wanted a quiet sleep (annoying thing #4). But nope. Not in the cards. When we went downstairs the next morning to ask to be moved, she was behind the desk again and heard the complaint. She proceeded to tell her friends in the breakfast area as we were eating breakfast (annoying AND UNPROFESSIONAL thing #5). Was terribly awkward at this point. After going back up to our room and realizing they were checking out we went back down to inquire with the front desk about if they were checking out. Only upon us pointing out that it looked like they were packing up did they confirm that yes, they were leaving. So then we suggested to the front desk that maybe it would be fine if we stayed where we were. I'm not sure why the front desk didn't just check this out to begin with (annoying thing #6).

Now I would stay again given its price and location. However, I think I'll try out a few other hotels in the interim. I'll just chalk up this most recent experience to a one-of.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JOsquared,

I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay, I have addressed this with the Front Office manager and staff. I also apologize for the delay in responding, I have taken your comments and rating personally and will address each concern. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had an extended business trip for 15 nights @bellevue area. pleasant experience at hotel... really nice freshly made choc chip cookies@lobby !

no choice of firm pillows within room; and i did not ask for a firm one with lobby.. maybe i should have.

rooms are spacious and kept clean.

would recommend for a stay in bellevue area.

Room Tip: east facing rooms allow sun in the morning ! when that minor miracle happens@Seattle
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear 4businessmanager,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally.. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My family and I were living in this hotel for two months, the contractors were repairing our home. I would like to recommend this hotel for family, it feels a special peace there, is very clean and comfortable, the General Manager is a great human being and his work at this hotel is perfect. The ladies that work as housekeeper, all of them are amazing, nice and hard workers. My special thanks to Nigel Williams (The Big Boss), Long, Rachel, Mikael, Joe, Cinthia and Mario (people from front desk), sorry..if I forget someone. Again, thank you.
Vic

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Vic,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide feedback. What a a wonderful review and such a good moral booster for the the staff. Welcome back you are at home!

juneau,ak
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed two nights and probably will not return. Hotel is out-of-the-way and was difficult to find on a dark and rainy night. Althought he hotel was only 62% occupied and i have a hard time walking, we were placed at the end of a long corridor, a very long way fromt he elevator.
The room was spacious, but the bedroom barely fit the kingsize bed. The small kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc. was appreciated. Free breakfast was pretty skimpy - we've had better choices at other Larkspur Hotels, and the space was too crowded to sit down anywhere. Best part of it was a significantly reduced price, but without that, we're not likely to return.

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet, but ask for one on the back side (West) if there's any activity at th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Casual,

West Bloomfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

At 6:00 am someone apparently had something on their stove burner which caused a lot of smoke in that area of the hotel. 5 stars for the loudness of the alarm which never stopped. The manager personally knocked on each door to evacuate the building. I do believe sleepus interuptus should be comped. The hotel declined. At $100 per room times 50 rooms they would have left a much more favorable impression if they had not charged for the unpleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear thorntree,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for completing a review of your stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington.

I apologize for the late response having only recently been provided the access to review and respond to guest comments. I have taken a personal responsibility to not only respond to the surveys but to also improve the overall guest experience. I do appreciate the and understand the comment regarding the fire alarm sounding, this was not a rehearsal or practice, it was a real fire and evacuation. I have received very positive reviews and comments on the response of myself and my team.
I hope that you do choose to include this location in your future travel needs, I look forward to reading a more favorable response as we make the changes. We appreciate hearing and sharing the guest commentary with our team, each comment is considered an opportunity to learn from and improve our guest experience.

Nigel Williams
General Manager.
Wenatchee, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family for two nights. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The property is clearly aging, as is some of the furniture, but not in terrible shape overall. Rooms were a little small. Free breakfast is on par with what you'd get at a Springhill suits or similar. Nothing like Embassy Suites' breakfast. My only complaint was that I found some mouse feeces on a towel in the bathroom. I used to own an old house with mice issues, so I'm 99% certain of what I saw. I suspect their laundry area had a little infestation.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Gadget1,

I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

Been to Larkspur Landing Bellevue- An All-Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!