“Nice hotel, 7-minute walk to Microsoft's Lincoln Square office” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice hotel, 7-minute walk to Microsoft's Lincoln Square office”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this hotel for a week on a business trip in December 2014. If you're here to do business with Microsoft, this hotel is 3 blocks (7 minute) walk from Microsoft's Lincoln Square office, and about 10-15 minute drive from the Redmond campus, depending on traffic.

My overall experience with this property is positive. The lobby is large and clean, with a few nice conversation areas, a bar, and banquet facilities. The underground parking costs $12 a day, and could use a few more signs. I got lost getting out because the automatic exit door wasn't marked clearly. The rooms are clean, and look just like any other Courtyard with its two-tired table, flat screen TV, a frig (that's nice), and a safe.

Location-wise, it's right across from high-end stores like LV, Jimmy Chou and near many wonderful restaurants like Din Tai Feng. Combing its desire location with nice rooms, I highly recommended this property.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you, BillTsaiTechGuy, for providing us with some with feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests and value the chance for improvement on a few key aspects of our property. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a positive one. I hope that you were able to take advantage of our location and experience the wonderful shopping and dining options that Bellevue has to offer. We want to provide our guests with any amenities they may need and I am happy to hear that we met your expectation. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here as a couple -- last minute idea to take a quick "break" from the Christmas hubbub.
For an urban setting, this was a pretty nice place. Check-in was easy from the half-dozen parking places just off 110th at the "mouth" of the parking garage. Parking fee was waived by the front desk -- half because we were "first-timers" and half (I'm sure) because they wanted to encourage our return patronage! Elevators from the underground parking go right to your room floor, so there's no need to re-transit the Lobby once you've checked in.
Very courteous front desk, restaurant/bar, concierge folks. Very clean lobby w/ large flat-screen TVs everywhere (6 of em, I think)! Free newspapers (USA Today, and WSJ). Built-in Starbucks is on the first parking level below the Lobby (P1) which can also be accessed from 8th Street sidewalk or an indoor descending stairway from the Lobby. Sushi Bar immediately across the check-in parking area. Full hot breakfast (all you can eat) is $12, or you can order off the menu.
Rooms are all on the floors above the Lobby Level (floors 2-5). Since the hotel is square, elevator is on one corner -- and the farthest rooms on the opposite corner are about a 90-sec walk. Rooms on the perimeter face either 8th Street, 110th, an alley across from high-rise apartments, or a new high-rise under construction. Try, if possible to get a room number that ends between -29 and -53 (which are the quietest ones -- on the side facing the alley). Our 3rd-floor room (standard w/ 2 Queens) was very nice w/ a wardrobe closet, ironing board, hair dryer, 40-channel flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, free wi-fi, and pull-out desk extension. NO microwave, but there is one downstairs behind the front dest where you can purchase snacks, too.
Easy walk to shopping (expensive), Microsoft towers, lots of eateries, the convention venues, and the Library. The 405 Freeway is just 3 blocks away.
All-in-all, a nice place to stay if you want Bellevue access -- and can afford the room price (high-$200s, or get a "deal" somehow)!

Room Tip: See the part about room numbers I wrote earlier...
Green Features: Didn't see any, but that wasn't a high priority item for us on just an overnight stay.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Chris Q, for taking the time to touch on some key aspects you enjoyed during your stay with us! We take great pride in providing our guests with the amenities they expect while providing a homelike atmosphere, and it sounds like we met your expectations. We hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to Bellevue!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at Bellevue Washington Marriott Courtyard several times in last 5 years (8 at least). Seemed that if I was with Microsoft or attending a Microsoft function I was in an elite group of guests. But when I stayed there with my wife alone w/o a Microsoft function (late in the summer) for pleasure I got the cold shoulder on every request. So word to the wise, even if you are not with Microsoft or attending a Microsoft function, tell the front desk that you are-then they'll shine your shine your shoes, bring your car up and get you complimentary coffee that they don't do for "regular" ELITE MARRIOTT REWARDS MEMBERS.

Room Tip: Not on NE 8th Street- busy and noisy. It's the SOUTH side of the Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you, Vmanfromtx, for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your most recent stay with us.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience for all of our guests, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the negative experience you had during your stay. We take matters such as this very seriously and have discussed this matter with the appropriate hotel team.

Thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to have the chance to better serve you in the future!
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a review of my second stay at this property. My first stay (2 years ago) was wonderful. This recent stay was not.

My room was mis-advertised. When I booked my room, it was advertised as a king room with a separate sitting/living area. Instead, it was a king room with a pull-out sofa at the foot of the bed. The indoor pool was advertised as heated -- it was ice cold. There was construction going on below my room and the sounds and vibrations started around 8AM and never seemed to stop. I brought my concerns up to the front desk and they were initially ignored. On my second attempt to address the concerns, the front desk offered me a rate discount but never actually remedied the issues (which I would have preferred). After I accepted the rate discount and checked out, they reneged on the discount and actually charged me the full rate, sans the discount they offered.

As much as I did not like aspects of the hotel stay, the worst part was really the nonchalance of the staff. Marriott prides themselves on their customer service but that was not my experience during my stay. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms along NE 9th Street. There's construction going on there and you can hear it in...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, dptravels, for taking the time to provide us with some feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your second stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences during your stay. We are working to ensure that these were isolated issues and that they are corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Bellevue.
Kennewick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location and 3 blocks walking distance from Bellevue Square. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, and it was very quiet. Price is right. We will go back next time we stay on the west side of the state.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, KennewickChad, for the kind words and review regarding your recent stay with us! We are very fortunate with our location that we are just minutes away from world-class shopping and dining providing our guests with many options while they are here. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always want to provide a great value for our guests and I am glad that this met your expectation. Can’t wait to see you on your next visit to Bellevue!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is just 3 blocks from Bellevue Shopping Plaza. 8th street has quite a high traffic and my room (287) facing on 8th was a lightly noisy - not bad but not quite.
Room is quite spacious, bed is really confortable. Bathroom is nice, big and new. Free wi-fi all over the hotel with quality connection. YOu can pay for 3x internet speed, but basic/free was just enough for me for Skype, browsing, email

Hotel Bar serves great food in a few minutes and has a variety of great beers. NFL is on bar TV as this hotel is and official hotel of NFL.

Self Parking is available for $14 / day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not viewing on 8th Street.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you, Tam623, for providing us with some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the various amenities that we have to offer. We are fortunate with our location that we are just minutes away from numerous shopping and dining options. Thank you for the kind words regarding our Lounge. We hope to provide our guests with the convenience of dining at the hotel, especially after a tiring day. If you have any special requests, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We hope to see you on your next trip to Bellevue!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We usually stay at hyatt regency, this time is the first time we stay at courtyard Marriott, if you use GPS to go to hotel, be alert coz the parking is around the corner....we missed it two times....lol. They have starbucks inside the hotel which is good for me. The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean and comfortable but the mini bar fridge seems to be not cold enough for my drink. The other thing is parking, need to paid $12 but is pretty secure coz need to use the room key to open the gate. Everything is good, so next time I have more choices in Bellevue!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, Wendy K, for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. Our Starbucks is very convenient and serves as a great option if you are looking for food on the lighter side. We always want to provide our guests with a sense of security especially when it comes to parking. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you on your next trip to Bellevue!

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown? Share your experiences!