“Great hotel, but has potential to be the greatest in the area!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Northeast USA
“Great hotel, but has potential to be the greatest in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Now I'm not very nitpicky. In fact, I stayed here a year ago and loved it! When I came back, I noticed that the lobby had been entirely redone, and the rooms were also refreshed. Big pluses! I only have 3 small gripes, 2 of which can be easily fixed:

1. When they redid the pool, they took away the hot tub due to a compliance issue with the Americans With Disabilities Act/ADA. I can understand this. I am just so disappointed that they could not accommodate making amends to keep the hot tub in place, and I know there's no way this would be fixed.
2. They don't offer shuttle service. Many hotels in the district offer this, even the nearby Residence Inn. I'm not asking for a free shuttle to the airport. but even within a 2 mile radius would be a nice to have.
3. the breakfast area, particularly the buffet area, needs to be seriously revised. The food is good, don't get me wrong. But you may as well order off the menu and skip the buffet. This is because all the buffet offers is omelets, toast, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. No cereal, no fruit, no juices. It's not that hard to put some of these things in place. For the same price as the regular items, you're not getting much more. What's the point?

I will say the rooms are well-kept and clean, and beds are comfortable. I had a great view of Bravern across the street. the only weird problem I had was some woman knocking on everyone's doors at 12:30am, yelling to let her in. Had to call security on that one, geez....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Bravern.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you, readytograbasuitacse, for you very kind comments about our property and our new renovations. As for the hot tub feedback, yes, we had to take it away due to ADA compliance but, there was no way of making adjustments to it in order to keep it. The hotel would have had to completely remodel the pool area in order to make the hot tub area larger and meet the ADA compliance. In regards to the shuttle, the Courtyard brand does not offer shuttle service but as you mentioned, there are other Marriott brands that do offer a shuttle. We can offer numerous other options for transportation such as taxis and town cars. As for the breakfast area feedback, the buffet you are referring to is our Morning Scramble which is not a “buffet” which is why it does not encompass more options like cereal or fruit. I do understand how this would be confusing considering the menu says “buffet” but we are amending the menus in order to clear the confusion. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property because it gives us an opportunity to address any issues or take a closer look at different areas. I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again, readytograbasuitcase!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Really impressed with the property, and it started right from arrival. Extremely friendly and welcoming reception, attentive and accommodating. Great lobby area with nice bar- and restaurant. Having a starbucks at the lower level is an asset as well. Spacious and modern rooms, good housekeeping throughout the stay. Close to plenty of dining options outside.
Ideal for families as well due to room size.
Only minor setback is that rooms to the front are a tad noisy when rush hour sets in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Peter_Orlando_Fl, thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and friendly staff. As you mentioned in your headline, we do deliver more than what is expected at a typical Courtyard as we come off as more of a full-service property. Our owners have taken great consideration in how they wanted this property to look which in turn made the atmosphere feel personal and “homey” for each guest. I appreciate you pointing out the very attentive service you received from the moment you checked-in to the hotel to the housekeeping service you received every day. I do apologize for any noise inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our owners have invested in the top-of-the-line noise cancelling windows available but being in a bustling downtown location, you will have your fair share of traffic noise. It was pleasure accommodating you and your family and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for business a week ago. Great location. Walking distance to many awesome eats/drinks. Nice front desk staff. Garage was super easy to park and leave. Starbucks is downstairs so breakfast didn't require leaving the building.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us, InfoSecR0a4Warrior. At our property, we want to ensure you have the best experience from the moment you pull into our garage to when you check-out at the front desk. As you mentioned, our guest parking garage is really easy to navigate and has quick access to the lobby and all guest floors. We do have an on-site Starbucks that is part of the hotel so that our guests have the efficiency of a quick breakfast or snack as they had off to a meeting, downtown adventure or a relaxing day at the hotel in their pajamas. I am happy that we had the opportunity to accommodate you during your business trip to the area!
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I spent 2 great weeks at the Courtyard. Great front desk staff. Good service
The lobby is very nice and comfortable , good space to spend time working or entertaining guests.
The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean.This is a good Courtyard to stay . Good proximity to the Shopping malls and the half mile walk was good for my exercises.

Room Tip: Choose top floors facing the street
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, Saligwekwe, for your very kind words about our staff and property. At Marriott, we strive to ensure you receive the best possible customer service in the hospitality industry and I am happy to hear that you received that. At our property, we have created a great public atmosphere for either doing work in our business center or entertaining guests in our lounge/bar. As you mentioned, our location is prime for a quick walk to the mall or over 350 restaurants in the downtown area. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay!
Blue Bell, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is not your average Courtyard. 'Is more like a full service hotel, just with the Courtyard name. So, if you're thinking minimal service, this hotel provides much more. I like the friendliness of the staff, and the food at the full service restaurant. The lobby bar area, where they have multiple TVs and lounge chairs for eating and conversations, is a great meetup place. The rooms are large and so is the gym. As others have noted, you do have to pay for parking, but I don't know of a another downtown Bellevue hotel that offers free parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear kwtech, I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for the kind comments abaout our friendly associates because at Marriott, we strive to ensure that we provide the best hospitality service in the industry. As you pointed out in your headline, we are not a typical Courtyard and we do act more like a full-service hotel. We offer full-service amenities like a full restaurant, bar/lounge and plenty of meet-up places in the lobby. We also have a different décor not typical of Courtyards since our owners were able to design and implement a Feng Shui vibe throughout the whole hotel. As you mentioned, we do charge a parking fee, like other downtown hotels, given that we are in a location where parking can be hard to find. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again!
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel because it was the featured place to stay for a ballet competition. The hotel is located in an urban environment, and when I pulled into the parking area there were no easily available spaces to leave my car to check in so I kept going and found myself in the bowels of their parking garage complete with lots of not very helpful signs. After battling conflicting one-way arrows, I finally gave up and left the car somewhere deep in the parking garage and walked against traffic to finally blunder my way into the lobby. After that harrowing experience, things went well. Check in was smooth, and I appreciated that the clerk was able to find my Marriott Rewards number that I had neglected to include with the reservation. Although somewhat small, the room was quiet, clean, and tastefully furnished. The sleeper sofa for my teen-age daughter was of significantly better quality than most, but it did take up most of the unoccupied space in the room when it was opened.

There were a couple things I did not like that perhaps would not be negatives to some people. The first was that parking is $12 per day. I hate to pay for hotel parking, but at least it was somewhat excusable since the hotel is in a congested urban area. When traveling with family, I typically choose hotels that feature a buffet breakfast included in the price of the room. Courtyards do not include a buffet breakfast, and that is a big downside (to me). And an odd thing is that I did not receive a receipt upon checking out - kind of inconvenient later on when I had a question about the charge. Otherwise, this is a very good hotel that is close to restaurants for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
Green Features: Replacing towels is optional on multi-night stays. Okay with me.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you, Oskarduck, for your feedback about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that your check-in process was quick and smooth and that your room exceeded your expectations. I sincerely apologize if you experienced some confusion with our parking garage. We do offer several parking spots for registration and luggage drop-off, but during the weekend of the ballet competition, we experienced a higher volume of guests which may have led to the registration spots being full. Also in our parking garage, we do offer elevators on each level that brings you promptly to the lobby. In reference to the parking fee, we do charge $12.00 given our downtown location in Bellevue where parking can be difficult to find.
Being a Courtyard brand, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, like some of our other Marriott brands, but we do offer certain “Stay for Breakfast” rates which would include breakfast. As for the inconvenience you experienced with your receipt, I truly apologize that you did not receive your finalized receipt under your door the morning of check-out. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback in order for our property to address the issues you experienced and I hope that will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, Ockarduck.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel in a good area of Bellevue. Was able to walk several places. The lobby is very nice and comfortable enough to spend a couple hours hanging out with friends by the small gas fireplace. The Seahawks won the NFC championship while we were there so the employees were very happy and festive.

Beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. If you've stayed at Courtyards previously you will find this one to be in the upper echelon. Not much else to say other than this a great choice in Bellevue that is close to most anything downtown!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear everyshadeofblue, Go Seahawks! As you could probably tell, we get excited when our home team plays. I am delighted to hear to hear that we exceeded your expectations of a Courtyard by Marriott. With our recent remodel, our owners had hand-picked, specialty furniture brought in to make the public areas, as well as the guest rooms, be as comfortable and functional as possible for either impromptu work spaces or a casual hang-out spot. Our beds are different than other Courtyard beds because we have thicker mattresses, custom comforters and luxurious linens which make you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. We are fortunate that we are in a great location of Downtown Bellevue as we have easy access to all the major highways and are within walking distance to over 350 restaurants, world-class shopping and a booming nightlife. Thank you, everyshadeofblue, for your feedback about your stay with us over this past weekend and hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again.

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown? Share your experiences!