“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Irvine, California
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Family of four with rental car spending labor day weekend. Reluctant to spend too much $$$ for hotel in seattle center city, we indeed have a very pleasant stay at courtyard bellevue. Friendly front desk, good size room for four and reasonable price. Quiet city is a plus after hectic day in Seattle. No doubt will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
simpangratis -

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We pride ourselves in being the perfect hotel to wind down after spending the day in Seattle. Our location is safe and quiet when travelling with your family.

We look forward to your next trip to the Seattle area.

Regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have spent several nights in this excellent hotel. It's one of my favorites but that's because I travel alone. If my spouse would have been with me, one of us would have to crawl instead of step into the bed because it's too close to the couch and one of the walls. But that's really the only major disadvantage I can mention.

Don't pay the silly rack rate of US$ 400 per night because it's not worth it.

Likes: large room, good bathroom, good and free wireless access, excellent desk with a height-adjustable chair (for working at my laptop, this is probably the best hotel I have visited so far), in-room coffee maker that even comes with decaf, friendly personnel, good breakfast at a fair price.

Dislikes: one side of the bed is difficult to reach, bed too soft, no in-room safe deposit box, pool is tiny and doesn't have a room where you can change (there is no bath robe in the room, so apparently the hotel staff expects you to walk back to your room in your dripping swimming trunks or bathing suit).

Room Tip: Go for a room that overlooks NE 9th Street. Any room that is on or near NE 8th Street will be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
J_Cage -

Thank you for your feedback about our property. I am so happy to hear that we are one of your favorite hotels when you travel for business. All Courtyards by Marriott are going to cater to the business traveler moreover than the leisure travelers and that is how our hotel is set-up. Our rates are very reasonable given the location of being in Downtown Bellevue and within close proximity of major offices and corporations.

I’m not sure where you saw a published rack rate of $400, but currently our highest rate is $239, during the week. I’m glad that you liked some of the great business amenities we offer like the adjustable chair and complimentary wireless internet. In reference to the security box, we do have some at the front desk if you need to use one. As for the robes, we do not offer them at the pool but we do have plenty of extra towels for your convenience. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of some things we can do to improve our hotel.
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It was nice to take the kids to visited Seattle for a long week and get to take them to see all the GAMES. The Hotel staff was very nice to us and every ones love to eat food at the hotel Breakfast and it was very good price for the children is only $5 We like the hotel pool. The hotel rooms with king bed need to do decoration and need better set up anythings was nice and clean. Good location to go for a nice walk with the family at Bellevue square park. We will go back and stay at hotel again. Hope next time when we go back they can make the hotel rooms look much better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anothaya -

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. I’m thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the fact that our staff is always warm and hospitable and that we offer great morning pick-me-ups at breakfast. Our location sets us apart from a lot of other hotels given the downtown location and the proximity to parks and great shopping. Starting at the end of the year, we will be going through renovations of the whole hotel and your feedback about the room décor is helpful. I look forward to the next time you stay at our property.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a last minute trip my husband and I took to Bellevue for a weekend of dining and shopping. We were greeted warmly and check in took all of five seconds, and we were on our way. We had a spacious king-bedded room, and it looked like it came with a sofa bed. (I did not bother to remove the cushions to see if it was indeed a sofa bed). All the amenities I would expect were there with the exception of an in room safe. I looked everywhere but I didn't find it. Not a big deal for us, but may be important to others. Free wi-fi was great, although charging $10 for parking for the weekend was a little bit of a drag. The location was great, within walking distance to all the shopping to be had at Bellevue Square. In comparison, we had previously stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue, and feel that this property is comparable. On a weekend stay, parking at the Hyatt is free, but they ding you for wifi. The opposite is true for the Courtyard. The Hyatt does have better location in relation to Bellevue Square. We would have chosen to stay at the Hyatt for this trip as well, except they wanted almost $200 for the night, and the Courtyard was $149, so price won out and I glad we got to try another property in the area. In sum, we had a great stay, and would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Flurrying –

Thank you for your compliments about our property. We are pleased that we can offer great amenities and location at a great price during the weekend. Although, we do charge for parking every night, we do offer complimentary wi-fi where others don’t, as you stated. Although there are other hotels in the area with great downtown locations, we are a straight shot to and from the highway and are right across the street from other great shopping destinations.

I am so happy that you chose our hotel to stay at for your weekend getaway and I hope that your next one will be with us again. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know how your stay was.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Recommend to everyone. i visited Seattle and didn’t have any hotel booked. When I realized that I am staying overnight in Seattle I called up quite few places and they all were booked, luckily I found Marriott. I was able to book a room in 5 min for very good price $149 per night plus breakfast $20 for all my family. (2 adults and 2 kids) kids stayed and eat for free.
Very friendly people. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BellevueCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
goPorter -

I am very happy to hear that your trip to Seattle brought you to our property and that you had a great experience. We have fantastic deals, like the one you received for $149 per night, and a mouth-watering breakfast buffet in the morning at a reasonable price for the whole family.

I appreciate your kind words about our friendly staff and I will make sure to let them know what a great job they are doing! I am so thrilled to hear that you will stay with us again and that you are now part of the Marriott family. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great hotel to base your Eastside Seattle trip from. Close to all the shopping in Bellevue, easy drive to Kirkland and Renton. We had a King room on the 5th flr that faced the courtyard. I really liked how the room was laid out, usually with a king bed there really isn't much room for anything else but there was small couch where you could watch TV. Had a really yummy quesadilla from the bar one night and okay breakfast from the cafe. It was nice not to have to pay a gazillion dollars for parking by parking in the garage that connected to the hotel, but if the garage itself is a little tricky. All in all a nice getaway.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms much quiter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dragonichi -

I am pleased that your experience at the Bellevue Downtown Courtyard was great. We are very fortunate to be positioned at our location, close to world-class shopping, restaurants and the highways. Our rooms have a lot of space because we want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy the time that is spent in the room without being cramped.

I am so happy that you enjoyed the wonderful food our hotel has to offer; our chefs are passionate about cooking and it shows. Although our parking can sometimes be tricky, given the space available for a downtown location, we offer it at the best price around. I hope that you will come back and visit the next time your getaway brings you to Seattle. Thank you very much for your feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Had a great one nights stay with my family, quiet clean rooms and pleasant helpful staff. The only downside was the lack of gluten free options at breakfast. Would happily stay again and recommend to friends & family.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Owen -
I am glad that you and your family had a great time at our hotel. At Marriott, we strive to make sure your stay is a memorable one. Our staff is very knowledgeable and is always here to help with anything you may need during your stay.

I am sorry about there not being enough gluten-free options at breakfast and I understand how frustrating it would be. I will be passing this information to the appropriate department as a recommendation as to how we can improve upon our menu options.

Thank you very much for your feedback as to your experience was and some improvements we can make. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Operations Manager

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown? Share your experiences!