“Fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed here for my friend's wedding back in October of 2010, and it was one of the best places I've ever stayed. VERY clean, wonderful view into an interior courtyard area, lovely window/doors to open and let in the fresh, rain-dappled air into the room. The wedding was a blast and the room perfect - I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

If you're not up for paying $200+ for a hotel in downtown Seattle over the weekend, you might want to consider this Courtyard. Comfortable, clean, and at $89 with breakfast included, it doesn't get much better. The hot tub was a bonus for the guys that traveled with me. No negative surprises here. Walking distance to bars, malls, Safeway, and restaurants. Bellevue isn't the most happening place, but you can make a great night out of what it offers. Super easy access to Seattle.

Upsides: incredible bed. To die for. And gigantic buffet breakfast-- try to get it included with your room rate.
Downsides: hit or miss sincerity at the front desk (fake it, guys-- it's the hospitality industry), $10/night for garage parking.

Room Tip: Grab a room on the fifth (highest) floor! More sky and sunlight that way.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Central location to shopping, cheesecake and a supermarket is just 2 minutes away! Hotel is clean. Secured gate underground parking. Feel very safe and comfortable here! Just the right hotel size.

Room Tip: Hotel has street view only.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed with a few other couples on group trip; it's in Bellevue in a very sanitized neighbourhood so expect a modern, clean hotel property with no distinct personality (which is to be expected- it's a hotel chain). Bonus: Starbucks in the basement :)
A heads-up: I've never seen a floorplan like ours, the 1 Bedroom King Suite on the 4th floor. Instead of having a separate Bedroom, it has a separate -and oh so small- living (??) area. We walked into what looked like a standard King bed hotel room, then found a door off to the side which opened to a small room that had a VERY tired & worn sofa pullout. Being part of larger group, that had 4 rooms booked that night, it made it weird for socializing- we were all sitting around a bed as opposed to a Living area.
We booked our particular room as a couple with a single male friend, we were hoping to have the privacy of a bedroom- silly of us to expect a bed in there as well. So for privacy's sake, we took the private room with door, pulled out the sofa and had one of the worst nights' sleep in years. 3 days later and the aching finally stopped. But the king bed seemed pretty nice when I sat on it for a few minutes. Sigh.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I was attending a 2 day business meeting in Redmond and chose this hotel due to it's proxinity to the client site. Took a bit to find (it's not well marked at all) but I suppose that is also part of the charm; it's off the beaten path along with three other Marriott hotels, and surrounded by trees. A very nice setting, actually.

The rooms are good sized, the bed comfortable,and the rest of the room was very good. WiFi was free and pretty peppy -- I ran some speed tests and bot upstream and downstream rates exceeded 3mbps while I was using the service.

The hotel did not offer free breakfast, which seemed a bit odd as most do, but I don't care for Danishes and cereal anyway so I really couldn't have cared less on this one. They have a little restaurant that is manned for breakfast and dinner hours; mostly things they can make in a microwave, but good enough for when you're busy and do not want to go out.

There is ample shopping and restauranting a few minutes away, so this is really a non-factor (there's even a coupla grocery stores there). For dinner my first night, I just drove around the corner to a Red Robin. I needed a pair of jeans for my second day so I hit Sears. Forgot my phone charger so I went to the ATT store. All this was within ten minutes drive or maybe a 25 minute walk if you felt like stretching your legs.

The only real downside was the bathing facilities. It took nearly 7 minutes of running the water at the vanity for me to get anything close to warm water. I actually called the front desk, it took so long. The bath heated up just fine, which made it all the more odd. I didn't care for the shower controls (hot = full throttle water pressure). The toilet paper was the cheapest I've ever used in a hotel and the complimentary soap/shampoo was also terrible...my skin felt greasy after using the soap and the shampoo lathered but did nothing for cleaning my hair. Only other annoyance was the TV...it was permanently attached to the Weather Channel; even typing in a channel number didn't matter, it just changed the numbers back to TWC.

In the big scheme of things, these are really minor annoyances but they still irritate you when traveling. Of course, this will not stop me from staying again; it was very nice, clean, service was good and location was awesome for my needs.

I'll send up some photos later.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best; no elevators.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BVUDT, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for the review and candid feedback. I think your comments are addressing our Bellevue Redmond Courtyard and not the Bellevue Downtown Courtyard. Our facility is located in downtown Bellevue across from The Bravern Collection which houses several high end shops and restaurants. We have over 150 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a a full service bar, room service and dinner service. In addition we have a 2,000 sq ft Starbucks, Subways, the Blue Olive restaurant and Tao's restaurant. I hope you have an opportunity to experience our hotel on your next visit to Bellevue.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I live in the Seattle area and noticed that I had a free hotel night certificate that was about to expire, so I booked a stay at the Courtyard in downtown Bellevue for one night for my family. We figured we could do a "stay-caction" (as my wife puts it) and do some shopping at the nearby Bellevue Square Mall and let my son spend some time in the swimming pool.

This Courtyard hotel is very new, and is one of the best that I've stayed at. The Lobby is large and beautifully decorated as well as all the floors and room. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they have a very well stocked Market Place downstairs with all kinds of foods an sundaries available 24 hours a day.

The rooms are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. The decor is very new with large flat screen TVs and small fridge (no microwave in the room, but they do have one downstairs in the Market Place). What was nice, is that our room had a WiFi router which allowed us to use all of our WiFi devices (e.g, laptop, iPad, iPhone, iPods) with very high connect speeds (> 5 Mbps). Normally I can only get 500 Kbps speed when staying at hotels on business travel, so having the much higher speeds was a nice change of pace.

The indoor swimming pool was heated and fairly good sized (but, only 4 feet deep). The heated spa was a bit small, only able to hold about 3 adults. Nevertheless, my 7 year-old son had a great time swimming in the big pool. There's also a nice fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights.

As I said earlier, we stayed for free using a free-night certificate and our only cost was the $10/day parking in the underground garage. The normal weekend rates is $99 per night, and the rates during the week rise up to $200 per night. So it's a much better bargain on the weekends verses the weekdays. Nevertheless, this is a great hotel to stay at in the downtown Bellevue area and I highly recommend it for personal and/or business trips to the area.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms can get noisy!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed here in May 2011 for a wedding on Mercer Island. The hotel staff were helpful, friendly, polite and the rooms were very clean. The bed was really comfortable! Within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and nightlife - downtown Bellevue was pretty active on a Friday night!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown? Share your experiences!