“Perfect Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 460 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Avenue
Description: Seastar is brought to you by renowned chef John Howie, formerly of Seattle?s Palisade Restaurant. Seastar provides guests with an amazing array of freshly prepared seafood, great steaks, poultry, pastas and raw bar items. Enjoy the comfort of the luxurious Seastar dining room or the upbeat Raw Bar. Either way, Bellevue's Seastar talented staff will help to make you feel right at home, and the food will keep you coming back for more.
“Perfect Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful birthday treat! Applewood grilled salmon, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and fresh green beans ... so yummy! All accompanied by a special bottle of wine from our home cellar. First class service, beautiful elegant decor, and handmade chocolate truffles with a candle on top made this a perfect birthday dinner.

Visited July 2014

Connecticut
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Friends who live in Bellevue recommended Seastar when a friend and I were visiting Seattle for the first time. All I can say is - WOW! It was probably the best meal we had during our four day visit to the area. We started with the sea tower appetizer - grilled scallops, fried shrimp, and crab cakes. Every morsel was delicious. We decided to split an entree after having the appetizer and chose the Hawaiian fish (can't remember the exact name of the dish). The server was nice enough to plate it separately for each of us. It came with a cucumber, mango, macadamia nut salsa and a Thai inspired drizzle. It was probably one of the best seafood dishes I have ever had. The service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. If I am ever in the area again, I will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Best restaurant in Bellevue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Four of us ate here for lunch recently. The food was extrodinary, and the service was excellent. Since I was a guest from out of town I had no idea of the high-quality restaurant we were being brought to, only a few blocks from our office. But what a pleasant surprise! Very creative and delicious food! Try it - you'll like it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yakima
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I can't say that about too many restaurants, but this place is top notch. Thank you John Howie for putting Sea Star in place, and putting your own creative touch on seafood :) It's pretty spendy to eat here, but you won't come away feeling ripped off at all.

Everything I've tried at this place has been over the top, and I'm especially fond of the grilled tuna appetizer. This last time I tried the "Tuna Crudo, with mandoquats", and it was amazing. Then it got even better when I had the "Ancho chile rubbed Steelhead" entree. Not only was it moist and tender, but the sweet chile hollandaise sauce was a perfect addition. It was served on a bed of some wonderful southwest style potato cake that I have to have again sometime. I'm going to order John Howie's cookbook for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Took a client here for dinner. We order halibut and salmon and the food was excellent. The wait staff was professional and friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere