“Good value for 3 and a half star” 3 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14632 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98007   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value for 3 and a half star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Solid, updated 3 and a half star hotel in Bellevue. It`s just not in the Bellevue main area so you would need a car to get there for sure but for the price you get it`s great. Clean, modern, huge bedrooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bothell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

As a mom of three living one city over, I just needed a nice place to have a stacation. This hotel was perfect as it was very clean, not overly foo-foo, quiet and the my room was so dark that when I woke at 10:20 am I thought that my phone had broken because there was no way with my room so dark that it could possibly be so late (I never get to sleep past 7 at home)! I went through Priceline and got an awesome deal on my room as well. I overlooked I-90, but could barely here the traffic. My only gripe was there was no continental breakfast and their breakfast menu is incredibly overpriced. I paid $12 for a yogurt parfait and hot tea...but it was good :)

Room Tip: This whole hotel is smoke-free!! A huge plus for me
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Las Cruces
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The greeting was almost non-existent. Although check in was quick. I am a Silver Cloud member and asked if I had any available credit for this stay. The attendant informed me I had used them last March; which I believe was incorrect. We had been staying in Hampton Inns on the way up. This hotel bed was not as comfortable. We have stayed repetitively at Silver Cloud, Lake Union & we have always been more than satisfied there. This hotel has a convenient downtown location.

Room Tip: Our room faced east into an interior court yard. It was quiet. Now some of the east rooms would be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would give this 3.5 stars (which I couldn't put in above on the stars rating).

Pro's:
- cheap and affordable
- rooms are spacious and clean with decent products (Aveda)
- beds are very comfy
- roughly a 14 min ride to get to Seattle downtown and 7 mins to get to Bellevue Square

Con's:
- nothing around you whatsoever
- right off I-90

I didnt have trouble with noise so I have no complaints. The hotel was surprisingly updated and clean and rooms were comfy. I bid on Priceline for a 2-night stay and considering it was a long weekend, it was perfect for me - saved money, yet close enough to go around the areas I wanted to hit.

I would stay here again the next time I am in town to save some money and get FREE parking - huge bonus.Oh and free Wifi - even better!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had to change rooms 5 minutes after checking in. Terrible sewage smell in the room. The front desk staff was very accommodating and moved me to another room right away.
The hotel is convenient to I-90, but that means road noise in rooms. There are heavy curtains, and double doors that can be closed to minimize noise.
Will try a room on opposite side of hotel if i return.
Paid a 4* price for 3* quality, but no other hotels available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I admit I was initially disappointed when I ended up with this hotel on an auction travel site. I had never stayed at a Silver Cloud before and didn't know what to expect. In the end I was pleasantly surprised and but for the location I would say it is a winner in terms of amenities and price compared to other options in Bellevue.

I checked in on Nov 3, 2012 and was upgraded to a suite. The front desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. Everything was ready at the time of my arrival. The lobby was small but pleasant with the restaurant and lounge open directly across from the reception desk. My overall initial impression was the hotel was clean and updated.

My room/suite was on the 5th floor and it was huge with a pocket door available to separate the sitting area from the bedroom. The colors were modern and everything in the suite was new or like new and very well kept. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved. I liked my room alot.

The bathroom had plenty of fluffy white towels and sported Aveda sensitive skin products. I liked the cream tiles and muted wall colors in the bathroom. Although the bathroom was of average size the color palate just made it seem more open and spa like clean. The shower had great water pressure, plenty of hot water and several setting choices. There was a separate sink area just outside the bathroom. (Great for when two people are trying to get ready.) A generous (by hotel standards) closet was opposite to the outside sink. Two thumbs up for the bathroom area.

The bedroom area was more than comfortable with a king size bed, crisp white thick linens and plenty of pillows. The lamps on either side of the bed were adjustable and on the left side table was a clock radio. Right across from the bed was a dresser and above it a 42" LG TV. Channel selections include HBO, network television and cable news and sports channels along with a selection of pay on demand programming. You could have parked a small car in the room with the extra floor space available.

The separate sitting area was also huge making drinks and appetizers, quiet work ,or separate lounging much more comfortable. This separate room also helps buffer the street noise from the highway when the pocket door was closed when you are sleeping at night. Yes, you can hear the din of the I-90 from the lounging area if you do not have the TV or a fan on.

There is only thing I didn't like about this hotel and that is its location being just off I-90. It is about a 8 minute drive to Bellevue Mall and not within walking distance to any nice restaurants outside the hotel. Also you can hear the noise off the I-90 while you are in your room. Its not super loud but it is there.

I should mention though if you are planning to shop or do business in Renton, Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond on the same trip this is an excellent location. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the downtown area of all of these cities in non-rush hour and about 20 minutes away at most from the downtown core of Seattle, Redmond Renton in rush hour (Bellevue downtown remains 10 minutes away max regardless of time of day).

The suite I had at this hotel was larger than the suites I have stayed in at the Sheraton and Hilton hotels in Bellevue (both are located just off I-405 on 112th NE). My suite at the Silver Cloud was also cleaner and more modern than the suites I have stayed in at the Hilton. The hallways at the Silver Cloud are also much wider than those at the Sheraton.

Internet and parking are both free at the Silver Cloud which is much appreciated. I hate it when prices are not transparent and you feel nickel and dimed at a hotel. This is why I won't stay at the Hyatt in Bellevue. (Hyatt rooms in Bellevue are small, dated with internet and parking treated as extras adding over $40 to the price of your room.)

I had a drink and appetizer in the lounge at the Silver Cloud and would say it was an average experience. Neither good nor bad. I like that the Silver Cloud did have a lounge however as it is nice to have a drink and a bite to eat after work or shopping and not have to leave the property.

I would stay here again. It really is good value of the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway if possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With a daytrip in mind in the Bellevue/Seattle area, a girlfriend and I decided to see what sort of hotel deals we could find to save ourselves some valueable shopping time in our drive down from Vancouver. We booked Sunday evening via Priceline (I bid $65.00), and left Vancouver around dinner time. We arrived at the hotel in just enough time for happy hour in the in-house restaurant, and enjoyed some drinks and yummy food. Our room: 2 double beds, flatscreen and free wifi access. For 2 girls, it was super convenient, to not only have the full bathroom, but the kitchenette area (fridge, microwave, sink) which acted as a secondary getting ready (make-up/hair) area with the great lighting - double mirrors, handy plugs, and counter space. For our purposes (short stay, comfortable sleeping) it was perfect. Clean, helpful staff and inexpensive. We also utilized the free wifi to get some work done; and the fitness centre with great cardio machines, weights, and area for yoga - in addition to the 2 flat screen TV's.
In comparison with paying $$$ for a 4/5 star in downtown seattle- where we had to pay valet/parking; with no free wifi - this seemed like a much better stay considering we were there for one night, and were on our way the next day. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate? Share your experiences!