“What a great value in the Bellevue-Eastgate area” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate
14632 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98007   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Yakima, Washington
“What a great value in the Bellevue-Eastgate area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

On a quick weekend trip to Seattle, my wife and I stayed at the Silver Cloud located on I-90 in Bellevue in the Eastgate neighborhood. Eastgate is a few minutes from downtown Bellevue and is mostly a commercial area with lots of office buildings and car dealerships and a limited number of restaurants and services. I share this because if you want to stay in Bellevue and be somewhat near downtown Bellevue, say for shopping or entertainment, you will have to choose a different place to stay. There is also a Silver Cloud near the downtown Bellevue area. If you have a car and choose to drive into downtown Bellevue then you can pretty easily find free parking at Bellevue Square or one of the other shopping malls in the area. However, I digress.

My wife and I needed a nice place to stay for a quick overnight in Seattle. For these quick overnights we typically book through Priceline, sometimes using the “name your price” feature. However on this occasion we were more interested in booking a place that had free parking and a good score from previous visitors. We’ve booked a number of hotel stays through Priceline only to find that the place we booked had extra fees for parking or didn’t have any on site parking and you had to park in some random lot, still having to pay for parking. That kind of reduces the value of a good Priceline discount.

Having seen the positive reviews of the Silver Cloud, we booked immediately and headed to Seattle. We arrived in the late afternoon. There appeared to be plenty of parking. You can’t tell from the street, but the building also has a limited amount of underground parking, accessible from the rear of the building. The underground parking is free, just like the lot parking, and is accessible using your room card. I chose to park under the hotel because it was nice and dry and was a “secure” area with limited access to only hotel guests.

Up arriving we were greeted by a friendly front desk staffer who quickly got us checked in and assigned to a room. We found our room clean and fresh, with no nasty odors or anything left behind by previous guests. The living space of the room was typical for most hotel rooms with normal furniture, a work desk with an office char of reasonable quality, night stands, clock radio, lounge chair with ottoman and a King sized bed.

The TV was a flat screen and of fairly good quality. It was hard mounted to the wall with a non-articulated flat screen TV wall mount. This meant that you could pretty much only watch TV comfortably in bed. It wasn’t too bad to watch from the lounge chair, but the chair seemed far away from the TV. It was impossible to view the TV from the work desk.

The bed had a comforter in a cover along with a standard sheet set up. I’ve written this in other reviews, but I generally don’t like seeing full comforter setups on hotel beds, especially with the incidences of bed bugs documented in the media the past few years. I much prefer to see fully washable bed linens on the bed, including blankets and washable comforters, however upon further inspection the bed and linens were clean. The overall smell and appearance of the room could have confirmed that for me.

The bathroom was one of the most compact I’ve seen in a hotel of this grade. There was limited counter space, but all the necessary and expected items were there. Bath products were Aveda branded and of good quality. A hand soap and hand towel was placed at the wet bar located in the entry way to the room, which was a huge plus. Even though the bathroom was quite small and the counter space at a premium, the wet bar area of the room was huge and made up for the small bathroom. Located at the web bar was a mini-fridge and a microwave along with a typical coffee brewing setup.

After checking in, we found that we had lots of free time on our hands before we had to go into Seattle, so we headed down to the hotel restaurant and sat I the bar for a while. We were greeted and served by one of the most pleasant hotel bartenders I’ve met in a long time. We made some nice small talk about the impending Christmas holiday, gift giving and even shared with each other some ideas about what to get the special folks in our lives. The bar is well stocked, the bar menu is good. We had some fries and buffalo chicken tenders and found it to be a nicely prepared snack. The restaurant menu also looked very good, however we didn’t have any further opportunities to eat at the hotel.

We got back to the hotel fairly late after our evening events were over. Sleep quality was pretty good. The bed didn’t have any divots in it like I tend to experience at most hotels, however I couldn’t make the pillows fit for me most of the night. This is not the fault of the hotel, I’m used to foam pillows and not feather and as such expect more support from a pillow than typical hotel pillows offer. All in all, I did sleep well and felt ready to go for the next day.

The Silver Cloud Bellevue-Eastgate is a great value. The hotel is clean and modern, the staff are friendly and the rooms are nicely appointed, but no over the top. I’d gladly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south and west side of the building face I-90, although the room is quite, you can slig...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is my choice for the majority of my business stays. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Underground parking lets me and my equipment stay dry. It's location at the intersection of I90 and I405 is optimum.

The only problem I found (this last stay) is there was no ink in the printers in the business office.

Room Tip: For those light sleepers, choose a room opposite I90.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011 via mobile

I got a great deal on this hotel on priceline (I think it was like $69 for a Friday night). I had never stayed at this chain before, and the reviews were kind of mixed, so I was a little skeptical. But I ended up being very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very attractively decorated, with modern decor, and a rather upscale feel. The rooms were spacious and clean, with flat screen tvs. There was free parking around the hotel as well as under the hotel in an enclosed garage. Staff was friendly and efficient. The location is fairly convenient to the freeway, and there are lots of businesses within a mile or two, but not a lot in the immediate vicinity. There is a restaurant on site that looked interesting but I did not try it. I would definitely stay here again, and hope to in the near future.

• Stayed November 2011
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in to the hotel as I was expecting something less nice and clean for the price I paid. This hotel most definitely tops some of the larger named ones when it comes to cleanliness, size of the rooms, amenities (i.e. fridge and microwave in room, bar area with sink, 24-hr free coffee and tea, etc.) and overall service. I would have given it 5 stars, except that there was a bit of an issue with a broken sink. On more than one occasion the sink would not drain water/liquid. The first time we did not notify the front desk as we were in a hurry, but when we got back from sightseeing the sink had been fixed. The second occasion we notified the front desk, but was told that the maintenance person would not be in until the next day and nothing could be done. We were not offered another room or any other consolation for a sink that did not work for almost a day. Most of hotel staff were very personable, except for one woman at the front desk who had a bad attitude.

Most importantly, the place had clean sheets, clean rooms, and was in a location that was not far from shopping, restaurants, or Seattle.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

Large rooms are a plus, efficient staff & great location make this hotel. The restaurant let my review down as my goat cheese tasted of blue cheese as it obviously had been stored next to it & everything is covered & I mean covered in black pepper! Other than that the food is ok.

• Stayed November 2011
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Bought my night stay on Priceline because I wanted to test the place out -- I let them know I was coming because I'm getting married soon and wanted to see if this was a place I wanted to put up 250 guests.

As someone who works in the hotel business, I know how much you want to just shove Priceline guests to the crappiest rooms you have because those guests pay so little. While the night auditor I spoke with the night I made my reservation did NOT want to help me -- told me they didn't have a room with a single king, nonsense at this time of year; they just didn't want to give me a room I wanted cause I was a Priceline guest -- the guest agent working the following morning was more than helpful when I called to request a single king room and made the adjustment to my reservation without hesitation. She actually upgraded me to a suite! (The suite did need a bit of attention from engineering since a decorative tile had become unglued from the wall, but that is small potatoes.)

Everyone is super helpful, and the restaurant offers a truly diverse menu that is super tasty and reasonably priced, for the most part. The staff at this hotel, from front desk to restaurant, knows how to be hospitable and make a guest feel valued. At every instance I saw good service where the guest and customer service was top priority -- except with the night auditor, at least. But, it's a night auditor. They're miniature accountants. You can't expect much from them.

You are in eastgate RIGHT beside the freeway, so don't expect a view. But, their windows are extremely efficient and I was not disturbed by any traffic noise at any time. There are no real restaurants to speak of that aren't teriyaki joints or chains.

Will definitely return. They met all my high expectations. Serving the people who work in your industry is always the hardest thing to do as they are the most discerning.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Grandview, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stay here alot and were anxious to see the remodel. Liked it very much but they took away continental breakfast because of the restaurant. Had a drink at the new bar also very nice but drinks were very expensive. For the price, we will go back to the Hotel Sierra down the road where you get free omelttes and robes!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate? Share your experiences!