“Great Location, spacious, but a bit rundown” 3 of 5 stars

La Residence Suite Hotel
475 100th Ave Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004   |
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Chicago
“Great Location, spacious, but a bit rundown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We couldn't find a hotel in downtown Seattle due to SeaFair so looked for a place on the East side with good access to the rapid buses into Seattle. The hotel is just behind the Bellevue mall and has a great location.

This was an old apartment turned into a hotel. Very spacious, but the room and hallway had a funky odor. The AC was frozen and had been dripping water on the floor. The room was clean. Breakfast was mediocre, but adequate.

This could be nice if the property was updated.

Room Tip: The funky odor was on the 3rd floor. I don't know if the other floors were as bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pleasantville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Don't expect luxury or full service, but for the lower than hotel price, you'll get a very clean room and bathroom, free parking and internet and a great location that is walking distance to mall, restaurants, and more. Beds were fine. Staying here reminded me of staying at a friend's apartment, where the furniture was cared for but showed wear and tear. It was nice to have the living room area to relax and the small kitchen. Negatives were spotty internet and poor lighting in all areas, except bathroom. Free breakfast was minimal continental breakfast, Front desk was helpful with recommendations.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room, not facing front.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yakima WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place has been here a while but it has been very well-maintained and upgraded. It is directly behind the Bellevue Square parking pavilion, which added convenience at the end of our stay.
The room was very large and comfortable. It had more storage, closets, drawers and cupboards than any suite we have ever stayed in. The kitchen was large and complete and boasted a large refrigetor.

Location: convenient
Parking: steps to front door and elevators, FREE.
Staff: all were exceptional.
Breakfast: complementary and ample, with quick choices that include protein foods like yogurt and breakfast sandwiches.
Lobby: has TV, reading materials, games, puzzles, fireplace and grand piano, even though room is intimate and cozy.
Views: the building is small but tall; maybe 12 rooms per floor. On the top floor, 4th, great views. Large, clean windows in living room and bedroom.
A/c and heating - scored A+.
Bed: comfy.
Neighborhood: the hotel borders high end neighborhoods.
Park: across from a great walking park with children's play area and pond.

My only do-over: bring my own pillow. Theirs were too firm for me. And there was no headboard on our king bed so my pillows kept falling backward. I used the extra blanket to narrow the gap between bed and wall.
Road noise is present early in the morning. Night was very quiet. Use ear plugs if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor for good views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Prince George, BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a couple days ago with our 9 month old and I must say we will be back! Truly a hidden gem. You will not be disappointed.

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon (April 21) and were greeted by one of the most helpful front end staff I've seen in a long time. She directed us to our room quickly, and took the time to give us map and tell us where the local businesses were located. She even knew when I asked her about a specific restaurant. I was also impressed by her knowing we had a baby and offering to get us a crib. One general observation I have though is that hotels don't' seem to offer high chairs. Offer me one and you'll have me as a customer for life.

Our room was a one bedroom suite with a king bed. Yes the furnishings were somewhat dated including the old TV but everything worked fine. I've stayed in rooms with 42 inch flat screens that didn't work so I'll take dated and operational over new and kerplunkt any day. The room was also exceptionally clean ao housekeeping take a bow. The rooms also featured new windows which cut down on the noise.

Kitchen was fully stocked but a kettle would have been nice.

Everywhere you went in this hotel, you were greeted by helpful and friendly staff who were quite knowledgeable about the area.

This location is the best feature of this hotel as it is close to an incredible mall, restaurants, and even a 24 hour grocery store up the street. We were also at Pike Place Market From door to flying fish in under 30 minutes!

Bellevue is a great place to stay when visiting Seattle and La Residence Suite Hotel is the best place to stay!

Oh and did I mention 2 nights cost a mere $244? Online booking was very quick and all questions I had were answered promptly via email.

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Good hotels make for memorable holidays!

• Stayed April 2013
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay here. The price was right ($99 for a Sunday night), and we got 2 connecting rooms (we paid for each room, so $200 for the night) for our family of five. We could easily have gone with the king suite alone and had plenty of room. There is a good sized living/dining area, the kitchen, the bathroom, and a separate bedroom. It's in a terrific location right across from Bell Square, and it's exceedingly easy to get on/off the freeway.

It's difficult to find places large enough for all of us, so this was a great find. I read about it on another travel site then hopped over here to read reviews. We would definitely stay again. The staff were very nice, and the place was clean and welcoming. Somewhat dated, as others have said, but if you're comfortable and it's clean, who cares?

The breakfast was typical carb-heavy fare, but it's free and does the trick. Very pleased on pretty much every count. Great job, La Residence!

Room Tip: Call and talk to the front desk when you are looking to reserve. I had choices that weren't on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Covington, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for a quick overnight stay, assuming that when the hotel said the suites would sleep 4 that there would be a pull-out couch. This has always been the case in my experience. Not so. I was surprised to find just a sofa. We called the desk and they were quick to offer us a roll away. Apparently, their one-size fits all description only refers to those with two double beds.
These suites were formally condominiums, so the walls are very good, it was a quiet stay. The kitchens are semi-equipped with mix and match silverware. There was coffee and sugar, but no creamer.
The lobby locks up completely at night. You can get into the hotel with your room key, but we confirmed our checkout by phone as we left before they opened at 7 am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toms River, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The suite was large with living room, separate full kitchen, and separate bedroom. Bathroom was accessible from the bedroom hall. The decor was a little dated, but the place was quiet. The staff were very nice and I recommend this place for stays over 2 days.
It is right next to the mall and is walking distance to many stores and restaurants.
You can actually open the windows and get fresh air!
Also the price was right for this area with free onsite parking.
Expect to get your own breakfast, which is easier with a full kitchen.
My only complaint was that there is not a TV in the bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Front side. The back side is opposite an apartment complex. I felt funny hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Residence Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!