“Efficient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 25 hotels in Bellevue
Washington
“Efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is older, and with the elevator out of sight of the front desk and right inside the front door, may not have been very secure. Our room had lovely furniture with a small circular stair to the loft bedroom. A negative was the one bathroom was upstairs. We managed, but we had an 87-year-old who has trouble walking. Since she needed to be near the bathroom during the night, she took the King bed. It was large and laid out with long countertop with sinks, and a separate room for the rest. Downstairs, there was a microwave and plenty of counter space for preparing food. I was on the foldout queen bed. It was a bit uncomfortable, as fold-outs often are. A murphy bed is always preferable.
The location near Meyenbauer Center, with a free shuttle by request, was ideal for my situation. While the others went shopping at Bellevue Square and then checked in, I went to an afternoon meeting, after which the shuttle deposited me at the hotel.
We did have a conference rate, so it was excellent value.
The breakfast was for sweet carbohydrate lovers. There was no yogurt when we arrived, but some Yoplait [a better brand!] was there as we left. The muffins were excellent. Bagels with cream cheese gave a hint of protein, but with so many calories. Hard boiled eggs would have been a nice addition for protein without carbs and heavy calories.

Room Tip: Ours was on a very nice courtyard, but we were hardly in the room to enjoy it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is not a 3 star property in case you get misled like I was, the hotel was a weird musty odour, rooms are dated beyond description, in fact I would suggest turning this into a museum, where people are paid to brave the night. The hotel charged me twice although I had a pre-pay reservation through Priceline and its 3 weeks later they still haven't sorted it out, what peeves me is that I only gave my credit card for incidental expenses which when I left was confirmed there weren't any, yet after my departure I was charged over $300 which I find disingenuous.

If you book through Priceline I have a funny feeling they specially block some rooms in the older run down wing for you which is like staying in dormitory. The only positives are, the location which is quite central and the hotel staff who try hard to keep their chin up despite shonky facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside part of the hotel, otherwise you will wonder if it is a hotel or a mote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The rooms are so comfortable, the staff is very helpful and friendly. I did not try the full service restaurant or room service, but the continental breakfast was awesome. I highly recommend the chocolate cupcakes.

The location of this hotel can't be beat, literally the freeway and city are right outside of your door. We had a beautiful room with a view of downtown Bellevue on the top floor.

I think this is my new favorite hotel in Bellevue. There is nothing about my stay there that I would change.

Room Tip: If you stay on the top floors and choose a western facing room, you will see the downtown lights of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Plesant Prairie, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place was bad enough that I left after the first day of a two-day stay. Yes, there are worse places, to be sure, but this place needs to be cleaned up, painted up and fixed up -- massively. Whatever good may exist here it is overshadowed by the fact that it may have been a good place in the 1970's but is dumpy today. Dirty and dingy exterior. Banged up hallways and doors. Tired furniture. Not a very comfortable bed. A TV from the 20th century. A limited breakfast (and my cheese danish was still semi-frozen) with no hot menu items. The worst thing was the mildew odor in the room (I bought a can of Lysol spray). There was a fridge in the room and also the Internet was not as slow as some claimed in other reviews. The mildew odor in the room wasn't the only foul odor as the furniture needed deep cleaning as did most of the rest of the room. Shower wasn't great and the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower did not work well. There was a somewhat foul smell coming from the AC/heater unit.

There is NO excuse whatsoever for failing to properly maintain this place. By contrast, the Concourse in downtown Madison, Wisconsin is a hotel from the same era and has been updated and kept in nice shape. Priceline calls this a three-star place and that's a lie. If in their view a Fairfield Inn, which is generally a decent place to stay, is a two-star hotel, then this place would barely get one star. This is a Motel 6 masquerading as a Coast hotel and they should be ashamed of this place. Also, I shared concerns about this place with Coast management which forwarded it to the hotel management. They never replied. I cannot understand why anyone would pay a rack rate at this dumpy place. The front desk staff was, contrary to some reviews, actually friendly but nonethess they can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was there Aug. 30 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was efficient and friendly, the room was clean the beds comfortable and it was not far from downtown Seattle. The breakfast was great, lots of choice,s cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, toast. orange juice, coffee, tea and milk. This was a fantastc deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my husband and i came here for our honeymoon and we got our room for 71 bucks a night on hotwire.com. the first thing i noticed when we walked in was the smell. it was gross-like cold sweat, mixed with a bunch of other things or something. I asked the front desk if they had some air freshener or something and they sent someone to handle it. The other thing I noticed right away was how humid the room was. i figured it must be because of the location or something (we're from a dry part of canada), but after being in several other buildings the following day, i realized this was not the case. It was like walking into a bathroom right after someone has had a really hot shower, except that the whole room felt this way. we had to leave the door open (the window opened about a foot and had no screen) for a few hours to let it dry up a bit. the smell from the night before was also lingering in a few places, the strongest being the bathroom/shower. i noted some black spots of mold around the edges of the tiles and alond part of the bathtub as well as little splotches of mold on the ceiling and shower curtain. we had to febreeze the hell out of that place before i was able to breathe properly. Ive stayed in regular $59/per night hotels before (the kind that say 'jacuzzi rooms', 'hot tub' 'pool' and 'fireplace' on the outside) and they were nowhere near as disappointing or disgusting as this one. lastly, anything that goes on outside your door or in the other room can be heard as if you have the window open. i was very uncomfortable having any sort of conversation with my husband-especially about our money, plans or any other personal things, for fear of someone eavesdropping on us. if this is a 3 star hotel, then i would have to give western budget 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel, so just booked a room there. I was struck by the low room rate, but when I checked in I understood. There's nothing wrong with this place. It's well-situated, clean, and comfortable. But - if you're expecting something more luxurious than a Motel 6, you should keep looking. The lobby and meeting rooms were very nice, but my room was on the shabby side, with some peeling wallpaper, rust on the bathroom fixtures, etc. It seemed perfectly clean, and the A/C worked (noisily), the room was large, and the bathroom had plenty of towels and toiletries. If you need a budget place to sleep in a prime urban location, this is great.

Room Tip: Note that some rooms open to the outside, motel-style. If you are security-minded, ask for a room on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Coast Bellevue Hotel? Share your experiences!