“Great customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
San Francisco, California
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front desk folks & the managers care about their guests & do everything they can to keep them happy. The hotel itself is simple. Good for the weekly business traveler. The gym is quite good. The location of the hotel is perfect. Plenty of good restaurants around. 20 min from all major cities (Bellevue downtown is 5 min away). But really, I can't stress enough about how good the customer service is. They're quick to respond. They're very accommodative. I keep coming back to this hotel week after week due to the service. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor are usually quieter in the mornings because you don't have to deal wi...
Green Features: I'm not aware of their environmentally-friendly practices
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I pick a hotel , the direction I'm driving when I leave determines what part of town I stay in. This trip it's eastbound on I-90, so I looked at Bellevue which is located on the east edge of the Seattle area. Using AAA and Google Maps I looked for hotels with eating choices (if not within walking distance), no more than a 5 minute drive. My choices were narrowed down to 3 Marriott properties on NE 29th Pl, (a Fairfield, Courtyard,and Residence). Since I was traveling on my own dime I chose the Fairfield. Coming up from Portland the drive to the hotel (non rush hour), was relatively easy Upon check in the staff was both friendly and helpful.
The room ( a single king), was very clean with 2 chairs (a desk chair that partially reclines, and a sitting chair with a separate foot rest. The TV has 60 channels with the network channels appeared to be in HD. The breakfast was as good as ANY chain ,pre-made breakfast. All of the staff was always cheerful, and seemed to go out of their way to wish you a good day.
If you want to eat locally, you can choose to go to the top of the hill,and turn right,or If you go to the bottom of the hill,and turn left. Within this area you will find mostly Asian independent restaurants but also some Italian, Greek a BBQ, 2 Safeways (grocery) and standard chains.
The drive into (non rush hour ), Seattle or SEATAC was relatively easy though game day seems to present issues.
Looking at the map shows that if you turn left and go to the top of the hill and turn right(148 th st). You can go straight to I-90E ( which the desk man confirmed), thus staying OFF the I-405.

Room Tip: Odd # room's windows face south.
Green Features: I don't care if I use the towels 2 days in a row.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had the privilege of staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Bellevue.

I appreciated the management and staff. Each one went above and beyond displaying excellent customer service. Not only was I treated extremely kindly, but there was humor and laughter as well. The professionalism was evident without being too formal or stuffy. It really meant a lot to me. I would not hesitate to stay at your facility again. I would also highly recommend it to others.
Great job to you all!

Room Tip: East side of the hotel rooms stay cooler during hot weather.
Green Features: offered to recycle paper waste for me and offered recycle bins in the rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location of the hotel is best suited for Redmond or perhaps downtown Bellevue. My trip required me to be in Factoria, which took some time on surface streets and the highway. Compared to other hotels in the area, the price is very reasonable but you are saving due to being a little off the main path.

The general location is easy to find - adjacent to 2 other Marriott properties. The Fairfield building was not obvious to me so follow the signs (entrance is not easy to see).

The hotel is nicely updated and the rooms a big. A/C seemed a bit quirky but worked well enough. Typical Marriott beds, very nice. the included breakfast had a nice selection.. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Brown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed two nights while exploring Seattle. The front staff was pleasant at check in. Large breakfast, very busy with business men and families. all staff members were pleasant and helpful. Rooms were nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our room was clean, but the a/c was extremely annoying & loud. Our son slept on the sofa bed & he said it was very uncomfortable (& he can sleep anywhere). One day our room wasn't cleaned, but we informed the desk & by the time we got back from dinner, they had cleaned it & left new towels. We asked for an extra pillow, but that never showed up. Parking was also a bit of a problem. All of the front spaces were taken by the time we got back from dinner each night,so we parked in the back (which mostly consists of compact car spaces). Free wifi & breakfast (which was just ok). Restaurants & shopping only 5 minutes away. Downtown Seattle is about 20-25 minutes away (depends on traffic). There's a wonderful restaurant called Guido's that has the best pizza (in the Crossroads shopping mall) only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Corynn H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Dmarcol,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any invonveniences with the AC unit in your rooms and housekeeping service. I will be passing on your comments to the appropriate members of our team so they can be addressed. We are in the process of adjusting the size of some of our parking spots in back to accommodate larger vehicles. We also have additional parking available in the adjacent lot at Bellevue College. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Regards,
Corynn Hansen
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having stayed over 100 nights at this hotel, I can truly say that he staff here is committed to making sure every guest has an excellent experience. Now, don't get me wrong, this is not a high-priced, high-end luxury hotel... you aren't getting turn down service or chocolates on your pillow. But as a business traveler, this hotel has given me and my team everything we need. I've been consistently impressed by the standards they uphold. For a business property, the service truly is outstanding. Everyone from the front desk team, to the buffet-breakfast staff, to the house-keepers, to the back office management and sales staff is friendly, helpful, and genuine.

The decor here is modern and updated in all the rooms I've seen. The lobby is comfortable and practical. The included full American breakfast is a great deal, if a bit unexceptional in quality... though it is equivalent or better than other hotels in this class. They also provide coffee/tea service available all day as well as bowls of fruit, should you need a snack... and don't forget the evening cookies!! The rooms are clean and well maintained, the beds (and pillows) are comfortable, and some of the rooms are quite spacious. I love the setup of the executive suite with a king bed and a slightly separate office/living room space. The amenities are adequate: Swimming Pool/Jacuzzi, Fitness Room (small) & Business Center (spotty service at times), Coin-Operated (only $1!!) Laundry. Sure, it is nothing to write home about, to be honest, but not the focus of my stay, either. The location is very convenient - extremely close to the freeway without being noisy. Nearby there are plenty of shops and restaurants. It is super easy to get into Seattle, or to the downtown area of Bellevue, and equally easy to go into the more suburban or rural towns nearby. Nothing is very far, and access is quite simple. The price is average for the area... perhaps a bit expensive for a hotel of this class, but this area is a very pricey area, due to Microsoft and other businesses which increase demand (tip: book your rooms early, or this hotel will likely be sold out during the summertime months). But even if it seems expensive, it is truly average for the area (or possibly on the lower side of average), which tends to be overpriced due to the market and accessibility.

What sets this hotel apart from the rest is the exceptional staff. The management has been very flexible with my company and provided incredible customer service, meeting our every request. The front desk Manager Steve is really fantastic. He is friendly, professional, helpful, knowledgeable and fun, and over the course of our stay has truly gone above and beyond to make sure my team is happy and have everything we need (helping us fix banners, keeping our ice cream frozen, getting us games to play, etc.). He truly helps us feel at home here, with his generous smile and sense of humor. Corynn and Scott, the Gen Manager/Asst. Gen Manager, as well as Emmy, the Housekeeping Manager and Sara who is in charge of catering and events, make sure our every need is met, setting up conference space, ensuring the room bookings we require are to our liking, even working within our sometimes complex requested room configurations, keeping the business center up and running, accommodating our many package deliveries, etc. The front desk staff including Roberta, Ryan, Anwar, Rebecca & Jeffrey are always kind, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They genuinely seem to enjoy helping patrons of the Fairfield Inn and Suites. If I ever have an issue or a question or a concern, they are exceptionally customer service oriented and make sure to find a way to help me.

The only complaint I have about the amenities of the hotel would be parking. The spaces in the back are painted too small, so often multiple spaces cannot be used as the cars just don't quite fit. If they were to re-paint the parking spaces, they might lose a space or two but would have more useable spaces, since the cars (which tend to be primarily SUV/crossover style these days) simply do not fit in the small spaces. On the up side, there is plenty of adjacent parking, due to the other properties nearby... but it might avoid a little bit of customer frustration if the parking lot were updated to accommodate the fact that there are very few compact cars in use these days.

I will return to this hotel whenever I am in the area. The staff here has truly cemented my loyalty and I encourage you to come visit the hotel and see for yourself what a great team they are!!!

Room Tip: The elevators are a bit slow, so if you are impatient, ask for a room near the stairwells, or on a l...
Green Features: The hotel provides recycling bins and a great card which outlines the proper practices for recycling.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Corynn H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Pamela S.,

Thank you for your very extensive review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bellevue. Thank you for all your kind words on our staff and service. We certainly have enjoyed having your team here the past few months and look forward to seeing you again. FYI- We will be repainting those parking stalls in back in the very near future to correct the error made by a contractor. We are just waiting for the supplies to come in. Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest to our hotel!

Regards,

Corynn Hansen

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond? Share your experiences!