“Big Thank You!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown

You added Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“Big Thank You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent our weekend at this hotel and the staff was very accommodating and helpful.
This is our second time to book with this hotel and we really love the accessibility,
thanks to the great service and great facility. Will surely come back soon.

Room Tip: If you are bidding through Priceline, make sure you know what room you are getting. The cheapest pr...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I received a copy of the review you posted and wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to provide you with great service and accommodations for both of your stays. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you do so again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was pleased upon arrival to find a nice, clean room and I even got a call from the front desk as soon as I got settled in checking to make sure everything was OK in the room and that I didn't need anything else.
The staff was friendly and helpful throughout my visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We strive to provide a home-away-from-home environment and we are glad we were able to offer that to you during your recent stay. Our calls to the guest soon after check-in are to ensure that the room is satisfactory and no issues were discovered upon your arrival in the room.

We thank you for your comments, and have forwarded the comments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future when your travel plans bring you to Bellevue.
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have a BOG and called the hotel directly as required. Eric answered. Eric has one of these role playing personalities. His is a clipped military style of answer devoid of any warmth, keeps interrupting - pushes through like - rushed and very forceful. I asked for two queens, this is what I am accustomed to. Apparently this ES only has doubles. But that is not the problem the problem is the distant talking "at you" and not with you, style Eric likes to use. When I said I don't like the people that are in a role and not just talking with you like with one person to another, he said, "Ma-am, I am just trying to help you." And I suggested he stop interrupting people. Again I heard, "Ma-am."

And I said stop calling me "Ma-am".

The next word out his mouth was..."Ma-am." I said a nasty thing and hung up.

I will be staying at Factoria or Redmond. Even though downtown was my first choice. My gut feeling in the first place that this person is a control freak and is going to do it HIS way and most people just acquiesce. That he would call me Ma-am after I said not to, is just confrontational. He didn't like the way the conversation was going so he was going to be defiant that the conversation goes HIS way. Or not at all.

I chose not at all. You need to only hire women. Testosterone, especially when they are under 30, gets in the way of true - on the same level with you - conversation.

Ma-am is distancing. Especially when used in a tone that says, "I'm in charge here, not you."

I only stay at Extended Stay. This experience was unusual...in fact only the second time I have had any complaint about ExSA.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Diana - Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am very sorry that your interaction with one of our Front Desk Associates did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with this individual and am coaching the entire team on how to attend to guests needs better moving forward.

While we understand that you chose not to stay with us as a result of this conversation we do hope that you will give us another shot the next time you are traveling to Bellevue.
Pasco, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very clean and accommodating, close enough to downtown for the Mariners, Seahawks or Sounders games. It is close to food just a short drive away and little noise during the weekend. But the mattress was hard not just a little but card board on the sidewalk hard.
This is an extended stay bit the chiropractor might need a call

Room Tip: For a short term stay you can't loose with any room. The outside units would have a slight view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We wanted to do some Seattle sightseeing and were looking for a convenient location to explore the city. At the same time we looked for a place that would have a small kitchen to prepare our meals. For groceries there is a Whole Foods less than a mile away. The accommodation was booked through "Hotwire", and we got an excellent deal at $75 per night.(Normally you pay a lot more.) contrary to some pretty low reviews, we found the place very suitable. It was clean, spacious, had a small kitchenette(2 burner stove, microwave, coffee maker, and a large fridge.)The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom decent(apart from a cracked wash basin.) Staff was professional. We did not partake of the small continental breakfast that was offered. One word of caution: if you book, search on the net for a discounted rate.(Try Priceline or Hotwire) Also ask for a room away from the very noisy 405! For short stays there is no housekeeping service,so don't complain, and make up your bed yourself-it won't harm you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back-away from Hwy 405!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay for 12 weeks over the summer while working as a Microsoft intern in downtown Bellevue; if you're doing the same, you'll be happy to know that you can walk to work every morning from the hotel. That is pretty much the only benefit (besides cost) that you will receive from staying at the Extended Stay instead of requesting an apartment (and air conditioning, which the apartments tend to lack).

I'll start by saying I am in no way a picky person (while traveling, I regularly stay in one- or two-star dumps and hostels). I was optimistic about this hotel before I stayed at it, and if you're just crashing there for a night, I've stayed in worse. I had actually lived in an Extended Stay for a 12-week internship in Florida the year before, so I figured I knew what to expect. I read some of the negative reviews on here, and thought to myself, "I'm a pretty easy-going guy; surely the bed can't actually be as hard as sleeping on the floor - the bed in Florida was fine. And the highway noise shouldn't be a problem, since I usually like a little background white noise when I go to sleep. And slow internet sucks, but I can deal." Not only did I have those problems (the highway noise is a lot louder and more erratic than I expected, and I actually had a better night's sleep on the ground while camping in the woods one weekend), there were other problems I did not expect. (For instance, the bed was not only hard, it was loud and creaked with any movement, making sleep even more difficult.)

First of all, the front desk staff was horrendous. There seemed to be a lot of staffing changes when we were leaving, but over the summer of 2013, they were terrible. The young man who checked us in made sexist comments after my wife went to the car to get our luggage (while showing us a map of the area, he remarked, "This is the shopping district - she'll be interested in that"). And for the rest of the summer, the desk was staffed by a strange young man who seemed to lack any understanding of his basic duties as a front desk host (e.g., he had difficulty making change for the laundry room; often made unwelcome, superfluous comments, such as asking me what was in the package I ordered from Amazon; he told us when we checked out in the evening two-days before our pre-arranged departure date that we couldn't check out because "check-out is at 11, and it's not 11").

As for the facilities themselves, the refrigerator was broken when I arrived. Although I contacted the staff immediately, it took four days for them to respond, in which time all my food spoiled. (To their credit, they reimbursed me for the food.) The bathroom light barely illuminated the bathroom, but we were simply told by the staff that it was just like that. The laundry room machines are irritatingly small, and cost $2 per load per machine (i.e., $2 to wash a small load of clothes, $2 to dry). Even when trying to dry a half load of laundry at the hottest setting, the dryers never seemed to dry our clothes completely. Granted, I expected this from my past internship stay, but other interns should be forewarned.

Other minor problems that got to me: the internet is slow, as others have warned here, but Microsoft provided money for the "upgraded" internet, which topped out for me at 100 k/sec during off-peak hours. Say goodbye to watching any online video. The housekeeping staff would not clean our room if requested to come back at a time other than when they were already planning to do it. "Cleaning our room" really just meant "replacing the towels and making the bed." The hotel has no actual recycling, according to the housekeeping staff; the front desk told us to just keep our recycling separated in the trash room, but the housekeeper admitted it all just goes in the same dumpster.

Anyway, point is, this place was pretty awful. And this is coming from a guy whose wife had to aggressively convince him not to eat a pack of beef jerky that ants got into during our aforementioned camping trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the east side of the building (facing away from the highway) if you find the bu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aiea, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Got an awesome rate on Priceline Express. Check-in was easy. Nice room with 2 double beds. Free parking and grab-and-go breakfast (packaged muffins, granola bars, apples, coffee, hot chocolate). Showers was good; close to Safeway. Kitchen was nice to have but hood light did not work. Both beds squeaks alot even with a slight move, but since we only stayed 2 nights, didn't feel the need to call maintenance. Would definitely stay again, especially if able to get the awesome Priceline rates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown? Share your experiences!