“Comfortable, clean family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11211 Main St, Bellevue, WA 98004   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, BC
“Comfortable, clean family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

All we needed was a clean, comfortable inexpensive room near the U of
W and the Red Lion Bellevue fit nicely. Free parking, quiet (we asked
for a quiet room and were given one on the second floor facing North [$79.95]; barely heard the highway --but it was a weekend). The pool was clean and a nice bonus for our 9 year old. Free copies of the Seattle Times and P-I in the lobby. High end toiletries (impressed my wife!) but I was not impressed with the quality of the coffee pacs. Less than 25 minutes (weekend) to UW.

• Liked — Value; convenient to UW
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fletcher, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

I had seen countless Red Lions before but had never actually stayed at one of the hotels. After my stay at the Red Lion in Bellevue, I can only hope that the other locations are equally as impressive!

The hotel is conveniently located near I-405 , some great shopping/restaurants in upscale Bellevue and is less than fifteen minutes from downtown Seattle. I saw previous entries regarding traffic issues; I had absolutely no problems.

We were greeted by a friendly and welcoming front desk clerk, and my request for a room away from the freeway side of the hotel was granted without issue. When we checked into the room, we realized that we had found ourselves a bargain.

The room's decor almost makes it feel like less of a hotel room and more of a cozy, comfy apartment studio. There was a comfortable padded wicker chair, and the comforter/blanket was of a beige/plaid design. We were very much at home; especially when it came time to sleep...

THESE BEDS ARE INCREDIBLE! It was definitely a pillowtop mattress, and I honestly cant remember the last time that I
slept that well in a hotel. Not only were the mattress and
sheets perfect , but we had FIVE pillows on each bed,
including a sham. I almost didnt want to get out of bed that morning! The "rain shower" is awesome, and there were
some amazing soaps and shampoos provided by Bath &
Body Works. My only complaint about the establishment was
the automatic light attached to the balcony (every balcony has one) and it shone directly into the room. Fortunately, the heavy blackout curtains almost totally minimized the light and
allowed for a fantastic sleep in a well-appointed room!

For $62 a night, I practically stole this room, but I would've
gladly paid the regular $79+ for the comfort, home-like quality that the room & hotel provided.

• Liked — room decor, high quality comfortable bedding, location, parking, price
  • Disliked — outdoor balcony/patio lighting
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Nice hotel near highway, close to Seattle without the Seattle prices. Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean and quiet. Used it as central launching point for day trip to Mt Ranier and Downtown Seattle. Quick drive into the city when Rush hour is avoided.

Stayed July 2006
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

I stayed at this hotel twice in December, both times by booking through Priceline.com. I used the make on offer feature and both times I got our room for $52 a night. Great deal. The room was very clean, the beds comfortable, the heater was not loud and the bathroom products are from the Bed and Bath Shop. The staff was very nice too. The location is amazing being only a few blocks from Bellevue Square and it is super accessible to downtown Seattle as well. I will definately stay here again!

• Liked — Clean spacious room
  • Disliked — Outdoor pool closed in winter
  • Tips/Secrets — Buy on priceline.com
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

Well, this hotel sure advertises itself as nice, but it's only okay.
The beds are very uncomfortable, my whole family was tossing and turning! The pillows are too high, polyester, so there's no give and your neck is cranked all night ( bring your own pillow). The pool is small and nothing special (no hot tub). As the hotel has seperate buildings for their rooms you have to walk outside form building to building to get to the pool (bring a robe), it;s okay if it's hot out but it wasn't. (poor kids) the pool towels are the size of a handkerchief. The carpet in our room felt damp as if it was just cleaned. The bedding was pretty nice and the front desk people were courteous. The food at the restaurant was pretty lame and the server was running around like crazy...maybe understaffed? Anyways, I wouldn't stay there again, I paid about
$160/night and felt it was way overpriced for what i received.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

I had a terrific stay at the Red Lion Bellevue. The rooms were obviously very recently totally refurbished, the bed was the most comfortable I have EVER slept on! I found all of the Staff to be gracious and accomodating. I also enjoyed the restaurant. The hotel is a variety of 2 story buildings, the massive grounds were beautiful and very well kept. I felt more like I was at a retreat in the country! Much more relaxing than the big box hotels!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

I am sorry but this hotel is a dump a two star at best. For the business traveler I would stay only at this hotel if there is nothing else within a 25 mile area. As bad as the serivce is the food at the Hotel is as bad as it gets. I spent half my time going over to the Hotel next door and I should have stayed there. If you choose the Red Lion then dont complain because you've been warned.

If you are a low budget travelerin the area on vacation then you will survive but when you travel on busines, a Road Warrior the last please you want to stay is at the Red Lion Inn with hard pillows, the rooms smell and the food is awful.

Stayed January 2006

Been to Red Lion Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!