“PERFECT FIT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Portland, Oregon
“PERFECT FIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We love staying at this hotel whenever we are in the Seattle area, especially when we attend Seattle Mariner games. It is such easy access from this hotel to I-90 to Safeco Field. We have found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Our rooms are always clean and comfy. The friendly staff go out of their way to assist us. It is very affordable and it seems to always be busy when we are there. That shows to us that others like staying there too. We travel a lot and find most hotels can use some upgrading. But, nothing is bad enough to make us stop staying here. For us it is a perfect fit!

Room Tip: I request a room on the main floor as I have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Came here for a conference in the Meydenbauer Center as the conference hotel was very expensive. Definitely the right decision! A real find of a hotel; friendly staff, comfortable spacious room. The restaurant was great for dinner, less so for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TiffanyR45, Sales Administrative Associate at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
John,
Our staff wants to thank you for taking the time to provide this great review on TripAdvisor! We are very happy that you enjoyed our friendly service and a great dinner in our restaurant. We will take your comments and share them with our staff letting them know their hard work is paying off! We apologize that you did not enjoy our breakfast options as much as you did your dinner experience. We strive to deliver consistent service and your feedback on breakfast will be noted with our F&B department. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again!
--Hotel Staff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had eye surgery done in bellevue a couple of blocks from the red lion hotel and had such a good experience with the staff and the hotel in general that I would recommend a stay here. I have now stayed here on follow up visits and my opinion hasn't changed. I would also like to give an extra thanks to the front desk staff for being so nice. Thank You

Room Tip: Inside over looking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
TiffanyR45, Sales Administrative Associate at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! Our staff strives to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible, and it sounds like we succeeded with yours!
Again, the entire staff thanks you for writing this great review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband, our 17 year old daughter and myself stayed at the Red Lion Bellevue for a week in June 2012. We were attending the wedding of a family member. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful and the small lobby was fine. I sat there for extended periods in the morning with my coffee while my family still slept. The rooms were definitely in need of an upgrade. The lighting was really dim. More lamps with higher wattage bulbs were needed. The small entrance way of the room could have been put to better use. We moved the small table near the door to the small wall near the bathroom and used it as a vanity. The lighting was much better there and there was a mirror. Our tub got clogged and I think some of the water seeped into the closet behind the tub on the other side of the wall. After that the closet and carpet inside had a terrible smell. Housekeeping did their best to alleviate it. I did like the fact that there was a fridge and microwave. It came in handy for our long stay. I would suggest not taking a ground floor room. People walking by can look right into your room. The breakfast was a basic buffet, but convenient, when we were up in time for it. The location of the hotel is convenient to many places as it's a major highway intersection. The price was right for our long stay. Next time I will stay in a newer hotel in Bellevue.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room. They do allow pets which may be helpful to some travelers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not many reasons to stay in the hotel other than price. Hotel in general and room was old and in need of an upgrade. AC / heater was noisy and difficult to control. Breakfast was poor. Nothing in the vicinity. Staff were great and made it all a little nicer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

It's fine but verging on need of a good reno. The place felt like a good paint job and some new carpets were in order. Huge, free parking lot but the hotel is very spread out; it makes sense to drive around the building to your room if you happen to be on the other side.

Restaurant (Jonas') is mediocre at best. Dinner food was uninspired and was all "easy to prepare" stuff. Breakfast was included and it was actually pretty good. Hot selection and tasty.

Rooms were OK, Wi-Fi was passable but at night you can feel like you are in the middle of nowhere if you don't have a car. But I guess that's like most of America!

Room Tip: This place is really spread out so if you don't like walking, think about where you want your ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I chose this hotel because I have found that Red Lion Properties are well maintained and a good value. I found this location to be no different. Upon check in the staff was courteous and knowledgable. They had made a slight error in my booking and to compensate, they added free breakfast for both days and for both people in my party. (a 10.95/pp value per day). I thought that was really nice of them.
The room was large, clean, comfortable, quiet and lacked any sort of odor. My room was #234 and it overlooked the pool (which was closed as it is March). I'm not sure if the room would be as quiet in the summer with the pool being open but I'd suspect so, as the hotel is right off of the freeway and I heard NOTHING in my room at all. The only outside noise I heard, the entire stay was the occasional slamming of doors, which you will get at any hotel. Other than that, I heard no voices, televisions, movement noise, etc.
We had a king bed and it was very comfortable. There were 3 different types of pillows to choose from.
The wi-fi worked without a hitch & is free.
The parking is ample and is free.
The breakfast buffett was average. Meats, scramlbed eggs, breakfast potatos, pastries, muffins, fruit and 3 types of cereal.
I took a picture of the hotel map to show review readers the lay out. I stayed in the Mt. Baker Building which is the farthest from the freeway. From what I could tell the entire building was a quiet as my room. If you are a sensative sleeper or prefer very quiet rooms, I can tell you that the Mt. Baker building is quiet. The others may be just as quiet as well but I can't attest to that.

Room Tip: Rooms in Mt. Baker Building are quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TiffanyR45, Sales Administrative Associate at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so glad to hear you found our hotel to be so accommodating, comfortable, and quiet. We strive to deliver our guests the most comfortable night stay around! Your feedback was shared with our entire team and we all want to welcome you back for another stay in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again, and truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!