“Felt at home :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Felt at home :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is one of the most comfortable hotels we have spent time in! Everything was clean, new, staff super friendly.
Breakfast buffet is fabulous. Everything from fresh cut fruit to all the ingredients to prepare a waffle yourself, greek yogurt, granola. The coffee/ tea station was always clean.
The only bad comment about this property would be that being pet friendly, they do not ask the guests with pets to stay off the breakfast area....
Gym is very well equipped and there are sanitizer dispensers all over the hotel halls- my husband loved that!-
Washington state apples filled nice big bowls on the lobby...every little detail is so well kept! We sincerely recommend this hotel for your stay in Seattle, very conveniently located near the highway too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear rosana n,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to enjoy your visit in Bellevue. I apologize for the pets being in the breakfast area while you were trying to enjoy your meal. Pets are not allowed in the food service areas unless they are service animals, and I am sorry that we did not catch this. I hope that you will come back and see us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Teddy Wylupski | Property Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed at a number of different residence inn since I appreciate the concept.

This one is quite a new one and has the nicest rooms that I ever had in a residence inn.

This is not the top level of hotel but at this level I give you a very good rating.

The negative thing that I had are the location next to 405 that can be disturbing, the price that I find a bit on the high side and that the parking should be free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear PatrickB5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience at our hotel with everyone! I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Regards,

Teddy Wylupski
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a great place. We stayed at the Downtown for 7 nights in a studio, to be close to the Meydenbauer Center. The place seems to be really well geared up for longer stays, which, of course is its niche. A young and friendly crew welcomed us and notices in the room let us know how things worked. It’s about a 20 min walk to Meydenbauer. I felt very safe walking at all hours.

Next to reception is a small selection of microwaveable frozen dinners, snacks, wines and beers, and essential personal items for sale. This saved us on our first night. If you give the staff your grocery list they will shop for you at the local Safeway, at no cost.

The lobby has tons of seating, in niches and nooks, as well as 2 internet PCs. There are 2 fire places, a coffee and tea station with real milk, a Starbucks counter, a dedicated gamers’ room with entertainment centre, and an unexpectedly good breakfast. This was very popular with the guests, hence the tons of seating. Another great feature is the shuttle bus service, which we used several times. There are several washers and dryers on the Terrace floor (below the lobby). Both machines take 4 x quarters (just $1 each to wash & dry – bargain, and Reception is happy to provide change if you need). Despite the wall signs the washers take around 30 mins and dryers on hot cycle take 45 mins. There is also a soap powder dispense on the wall. Not sure of the cost as we took our own.

The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were okay, but not brilliant. Spares in the wardrobe. The sheets were fine, and the towels thick and fluffy. This was the first time I encountered sheets not ironed, which I presume is a cost saving measure. Not a big deal for us. The shower pressure was okay, and temperature was consistent, but the shower head in our room was getting tired and sprayed water around the place. The curtains blocked the light pretty well, but because of the building configuration had to keep the net curtains closed for privacy. Loved the swivel TV, very nifty. Also the couch, chair and footstool. Having both a desk and a dining table was great. The room really was a small apartment, with room to spread out and move. Wifi worked really well from couch, kitchen and bed areas.

We paid $10 per night parking. There is a park & ride just across the road, but we didn’t investigate it. Probably could have saved all the $10!

The hotel is right next to the I 405. We faced the front, but weren’t disturbed by the traffic noise at all – maybe an occasional truck, but nothing bothersome or disruptive.

Cons: I had issues with the air conditioning. The fixed vent blew directly onto me in bed. My other issue is that there was some kind of generator for the building which turned on and off all night long, every night. At times I slept through it, but otherwise it kept me awake. Lastly, (small issue) there was no oven, just a microwave which was not a convection microwave. Otherwise the kitchen was really great. Full sized fridge was excellent.

Overall, a comfortable place, very welcoming and well set up for longer stays. I would recommend it, but probably a good idea to have earplugs for that darned generator noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter. Rooms at the front face I405 and have less privacy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Longworths,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Bellevue. Our lobby is one of my favorite aspects of our hotel for all of the same reasons you had mentioned. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner and noise were a problem for you during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the rest of our hotel staff to gather some ideas to address your concerns. We appreciate your kind words and feedback, please come back to stay with us.

Best Regards,

Reno, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stay in hotels 2 to 3 months out of the year and 90% of the time I choose Marriott because of their ammenities, great customer service, and proximity to town. This Marriott failed in these categories and many others.
I like to use the gym and pool, in order to get to these you have to go to the basement and walk past all of the conference rooms to wind up in a horribly lit hole in the corner that resembles the mental hospital from Gothica, just no Haley Barry. With little equipment that was poorly serviced made it impossible to enjoy.
When I arrived I thought it was cool that they had a Starbucks in the lobby area. Unfortunately they don't open till 7am, or whenever someone decides to be there. I asked the front desk about getting a cup of coffee and they told me they would get someone over to help. After 5-10 minutes the person I asked walked by and seemed surprised to see that I was standing there. He said, "Oh ya, no one will be here till around noon.", it was 8.
Add to this the horrible microwaved breakfast, coffee that was luke warm in the pots when they started serving breakfast at 6:30am, only one entrance, and no dining within walking distance I will never be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Royal M,

I am very sorry to hear that our accommodations and facilities did not fit your needs as you see fit. Although our fitness/gym facilities are one of the more upgraded of the Residence Inn Brand, I am sorry it was not as you had imagined. I have reviewed your feedback with the rest of the hotel staff in an effort to bring more attention to our on-site "We Proudly Brew Starbucks Outlet," so that similar incidents like the one you had experienced will not occur a second time.

I hope that you will give our brand and hotel another try, as I am sure that we can deliver upon the service that fits your needs.

Best Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Large clean rooms, all like a junior suite.

In room kitchen facilities, sofa, bedroom and bathroom. Exercise facilities and pool. Right at the freeway entrance/exit. Free shuttle in a two mile radius.

Staff attentive and courteous.

Keenly priced.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Canlstay,

I am happy to hear that we were able to provide great service and accommodations while you were far from your home. If you are ever back in the area, we would love to see you here again!

Sherman Oaks, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I originally chose this hotel due to its substantially lower cost that the Hyatt (where I really wanted to stay) and the fact that I could complete the requirements of the Marriott summer promotion were you get a 15,000 point bonus for staying at four brands (I already had a Springhill Suite, a full-service Marriott, and a Fairfield Inn under my belt, so it seemed a logical choice -- this despite the weird irony that Residence Inns give you half the points of other Marriot brands . . . )

I don’t know if its new or really well renovated, but it looks great. I am normally a Hilton guy and am more used to Homewood Suites, but I was impressed by this property. The public areas were bright and inviting (more modern than a Homewood Suites – in line with the new Courtyard lobbies). I had reserved a studio suite, but was apparently upgraded to a one bedroom as a lowly silver. The first room had a really bad smell (like B.O.) I asked for and was given another room. The new room was ready and waiting – although when I got there, a maid was setting up “my pack and play.” Being on my own, it clearly wasn’t mine. I really had to get dressed for an event and went straight to the bedroom and started getting unpacked a ready – letting the staff figure out where the pack and play belonged. I wasn’t moving again. I just didn’t have time.
Breakfast was good and plentiful – coffee strangely off in a different area. The gym was compact, but sufficient ( I could see this really getting packed at peak times / dates) overlooking the indoor pool. Parking was strangely compact – and hard to find. Its not Tokyo for gosh sakes – every spot was compact and most all taken every night. Shoot for a spot outside the gate (not sure why some were inside and some were outside). The spaces immediately in front of the hotel were 15 minute check-in spots.

The hotel is really not close by foot to anything – definitely need a car. By car anything in Bellevue is only a few minutes away. The front desk was great with restaurant recommendations and even had a free appetizer coupon for the one they recommended, Sea Star, which a colleague and I enjoyed.
Not a bad stay at all. I would consider staying here again. I might be tempted as a Hilton Honors Diamond to try the Hilton next door next time – or bite the bullet and stay at the Hyatt in the middle of everything in Bellevue.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear TransCon1,

I am happy to hear that you were taking advantage of the Marriott Summer Promotion. Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our hotel. I hope you chose to stay with us again in the future, and if you do please be advised that we do have a complimentary shuttle that drops off and picks up within Bellevue Downtown ( 2 mile radius) if you wanted to forgo acquiring a car while you were here.

Kind Regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

What a wonderful stay! We arrived after driving overnight 13 hours from Salt Lake City, UT. Luckily, the Front Desk allowed us to check in at 7:30 a.m. The room was comfortable, clean and provided us everything we needed for a successful stay. The location is great and the customer service/staff was suburb and helpful. The complimentary breakfast provided was excellent. I will be staying here the next time I visit Seattle. Thank you, Residence Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear heidi0410,

We are very excited to hear that our service and amenities exceeded your expectations after traveling extensively! I understand how exhausting traveling for long periods can be, and that a quick and attentive checkin, and clean and relaxing room are important after such a journey. Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with others.

Teddy Wylupski | Property Coordinator

Been to Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown? Share your experiences!