I've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Bellevue twice now. With a small infant, we prefer to have a suite when we travel, and affordable suites are easier to find in Bellevue than in downtown Seattle.
The location of this hotel is convenient if you don't mind driving into downtown. It's about a 15-minute drive into Seattle on I-90 in good traffic (up to an hour in rush hour traffic). The hotel is easily accessible & visible from the interstate. It's in an area full of office parks; there aren't many restaurants around, and the few there aren't open late (even the Subway was closed at 9:30 p.m. on a Saturday night when we wanted a snack as we arrived).
My main complaint about this hotel is the noise. The hotel is one of those classic 80s constructions, with all the rooms facing out onto an atrium inside the hotel. The hotel seems to make most of its money from small local businesses or associations having parties and staying overnight, and groups of teenagers travelling or having events at the hotel (we saw both each time we stayed at the hotel). These parties seem always to have a DJ and the doors from the ballrooms into the atrium are left open all night, so all the rooms in the hotel are treated to loud music echoing through the atrium. The hotel staff does not require this music to be shut off until midnight or later. In the morning, breakfast is in the atrium, so there is a lot of noise from conversation and teens running around, not to mention people in the breakfast area shouting up to their friends on various levels of the hotel around the atrium.
Fortunately the bedrooms in the suites all face on the outside, so noise from the atrium is minimal there. But for anyone trying to sleep on the sofa, it's a long night and an early morning, since all of the noise can be plainly heard in the sitting room.
Except for the noise, the accommodations and amenities are fine -- average for this level of hotel -- with the exception of the internet connection, which is available only for a fee. The free breakfast, with made-to-order omelets, is decent, but involves a large time commitment given the long line.
There's a Silver Cloud Inn nearby where we've also stayed; they offer suites for about the same price. The suites are just as nice, the internet is free, and the rooms are much quieter as they're off a hall. It also seems to attract far fewer large groups of revelers. No omelets for breakfast (just make-your-own waffles), but breakfast is much quieter and faster. Having stayed in both a couple of times, we've decided that the Silver Cloud will be our regular hotel while in Seattle, as it's much more hospitable for a family with small children sleeping in the suite's sitting room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Seattle-Bellevue hotel is an all-suite hotel featuring beautifully decorated two-room suites. The downtown Bellevue hotel is a preference of both leisure and business travelers who enjoy the convenience of being minutes from Seattle, Washington and on the I-90 Business Corridor. Business guests take pleasure in the ease of conducting business at the hotel with the business center, flexible meeting room space, printing service and audio/visual equipment rental. The upscale guestroom suites are furnished with all the comforts of home featuring a private bedroom, living room, sofa, wet bar and large well lit work/dining table. Additional amenities include two televisions, two telephones, wireless Internet access, alarm clock with MP3 dock, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The Embassy Suites brand is known for the complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast and Complimentary Evening Reception offering cocktails and light snacks. Guests are also invited to dine in at the hotel's Cascades Grille restaurant serving lunch and dinner, or guests can order in-room Suite Service and eat in the privacy of own room. Free-time at the hotel is spent at the fitness center, lounging at the indoor pool, or exploring Bellevue-Seattle area attractions. Tour Seattle, shop Pike Place Market, catch a Mariners or Seahawks game, visit Washington wineries, or browse the Bellevue Botanical Garden all near the Embassy Suites Seattle-Bellevue hotel. Our hotel is gay-friendly and TAG Approved. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Seattle-Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Seattle-Bellevue Hotel Bellevue
- Embassy Suites Hotel Seattle
- Embassy Suites Bellevue
- Bellevue Embassy Suites