“Tile fell on my foot, horrible service, false promises” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“Tile fell on my foot, horrible service, false promises”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

A tile fell on my foot in my room, the staff didn't apologize and just said "these things happen", they promised us compensation (hilton gift certificates) that were suppose to be mailed to our address - it has been over 5 months, and I still haven't received the hilton gift certificates. I called them several times, each time they said the gift certificates on its way....but it still hasn't arrived
Manager at Hilton spoke with me, and forced me to show her my injury in the middle of the lobby. I felt like a hostage, I couldn't leave the hotel until she took a picture of my foot in the middle of the lobby at Hilton. Horrible service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

My second stay at this hotel for business, and I would stay again. It's nothing really special but all very predictable.

I must say the HVAC could do with an upgrade as this rooms one didn't work properly and I remember last time they had to come SMS repair it as well, so it makes me think there is something pretty wrong or at least old here.

Overall, good position and the corporate rate was pretty good.

• Stayed November 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

While this Hilton is about one mile from downtown Bellevue, it is a nice Hilton. The lobby is spacious and has a 80's motif, but the staff, rooms, workout facility were nice. I would recommend staying there and utilizing the free Hilton shuttle to get around Bellevue (to / from) resturants, workplaces, etc...

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get access to the 9th floor where there is some decent morning / evening appet...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for a house hunting trip and the location, with easy access to I-405, was perfect for my trips to Redmond and Seattle and within Bellevue. Close to downtown Bellevue, but not in the heart of it. Whether it's walkable depends on you and the weather.

This is an older (probably 70's) property, but it's well maintained. The rooms are very large and comfortable-- separate sink/vanity outside of the bathroom, and plenty of room for the large desk, sofa and coffee table in my room. My room faced 112th Avenue S (not the highway). My husband, who is very sensitive to noise, didn't have a problem with the early morning traffic on this road.

Housekeeping was excellent.

I wasn't informed of the Executive Lounge when I checked in (and I forgot to ask). I saw the button on the elevator and asked about Gold Member access and used it on my last day. I wish I had known about it earlier-- it was a notch above the average Hilton Executive Lounge.

Room Tip: My room facing 112th Ave was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Yakima Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed with a large group from work attending meetings and banquet. Check-in was friendly and quick considering the size of our group. My co-worker and I shared a two queen bed room. Our room was on the freeway side of the hotel. Double sliders to the patio helped buffer the traffic noise. Beds were quite comfy. Room was clean and spacious.
Only had two towels and one washcloth in the bathroom. Called housekeeping just after checking in to request more. No one showed up. Called again after dinner and they came right away.
Food at our buffet dinner was good. Service was fair. Never got my water glass refilled.
Continental breakfast the next morning was excellent and service much better than the night before. Also had luncheon banquet and food and service were excellent.
Even though there were a couple of minor problems, overall it was a good experience and I would recommend to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have stayed at this facility, perhaps a dozen times in the past ten years. It was not always a Hilton, but that is it's current name.
It is a very nice place, not as large as a typical Hilton, but larger than a Hilton Garden Inn. We were there for a concert in Redmond (further North).
The hotel apparently no longer charges for parking, which was nice. The staff were friendly. The room was large, it had a king bed and a sleeper. The decorations were, just ok. Like I said it is a bit old.
I would recommend it on price alone, if nothing else, as it is a great value for anything in the 4 star or better category in the Seattle area. But, if you are expecting a typical mega-Hilton, this is not one of those.

Room Tip: currently construction on 405 as you approach the hotel. Your iphone GPS should guide you through i...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chippenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Hilton Bellevue, big modern chain hotel, however had great big room , massive comfortable bed, the lights in the room of which there were about 3 are very dim which when you are there for a week is weird. Food there was OK, and reception staff very helpful and friendly too.
Its really convenient about a mile from bellevue centre which has great shopping and some really nice restaurants . Always has taxi,s and they don't try and rip you off which is refreshing in the USA , not a country big on great taxi experiences. The meeting rooms downstairs were surprisingly bad, the wiring, data connections, and plug sockets were all in really bad shape , and looked worn out, and getting coffee and drinks in the meeting rooms were a case of the staff showing up a little randomly.

The bar was OK (ish) , standard hotel bar, and coffee shop in reception is good, bathrooms, bedding , decor in my room all very good. TV was very annoying has an inexplicable loop mechanism that leads you back to Pay per view menu , not good , got annoyed and asked reception how to get out of it , not good if I want to rent a movie I will, but if want to watch morning news while dressing , I don't expect to have to go through contortions with the TV. That said generally a good stay , and the bed for a jet lagged traveler was massive and so comfortable , and the shower was a NIAGRA of a shower loved it !

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors my ground floor room was a little noisy a few times with hall traffic .
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HiltonManager1, Manager at Hilton Bellevue Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent stay at the Hilton Bellevue. We appreciate your thoughts on the lighting and meeting rooms, which we are looking into, and the overall accommodations. We are glad the staff at the front desk was inviting and helpful.

Regards,
Hilton Bellevue

Been to Hilton Bellevue Hotel? Share your experiences!