“The Ultimate in waterside dining” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Kingston, Washington
“The Ultimate in waterside dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A little off the beaten path but well worth the hunt, Harbour Public House is not to be missed! From the stunning views of Eagle Harbor, the marina and the wildlife to the interesting decor of the restaurant and grounds, Harbour Public House is a destination in itself. If you're an oyster lover like I am, be sure to try an oyster shooter to experience one of the plumpest, sweetest oysters you'll ever have! The varieties of Poutine offer something for everyone and the fresh seafood never disappoints. I particularly like how the owners try to use sustainable goods wherever possible and shop locally, resulting in wonderful specials and an ever-evolving menu. The service is knowledgeable and attentive and made me feel welcome even though I was dining alone. I can't wait to show off this hidden gem!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Variety of Poutine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A local friend took us to this pub for lunch, I tried the poutine with mushrooms, ground beef, gravy, cheese curds, and fries. It was very tasty, although far too rich for me to eat the entire entree. There were a lot of varieties of poutine to choose from, it's a gravy/french fry dish originating in Canada. Many of my Canadian friends back home have spoken about it, so I decided to give it a try. My partner had soup in a bread bowl which she reported was "just okay." Good selection of beers, ice cold too. Fun little place to check out on Bainbridge Island, very crowded but worth the wait. We will return and try some fish next time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
san diego CA
“Extraordinary Fish and Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Easy walk from town center, the Harbour Plublic House was my favorite of the many places we tried. It had a good, fun atmosphere; service was great; you can have anything from the humble fish and chips (for which they are known for), great soups and a variety of different comfort foods. I loved the super high wooden ceilings which gave the room great character. It has a full bar and it's super casual.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Fun Place for Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great meal here after visiting Bainbridge Island. The fish and chips were especially good. There's a good selection of beers. One member of our party ordered the clamp chowder. It was served with the clams still in their shells, which was unexpected. It was also vey rich. The service was good, and the location is nice. The prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a fantastic lunch here prior to our return to Seattle. Great view of the water. I must say the clam chowder was the best I have ever eaten. (Sorry Boston!) Our service was prompt and very friendly. Just an all around great place and we will most definitely return the next time we are on Bainbridge Island.

• Visited September 2012