“Glady Stay Again!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   920 Hildebrand Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110   |
Vancouver, Canada
“Glady Stay Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the Canadian May long weekend to attend a Mariners game. We've previously stayed on Bainbridge Island @ the Best Western which is in the same area but booked the Island Country Inn due to BW being sold out. We were very glad that we did! Both hotels are in the same location with a Safeway, liquor store and other small shops extremely close by but Island Country Inn just felt cozier. The continental breakfast was awesome! There were bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, coffee, etc. Free Wireless internet and free parking. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I stay at the Island Country Inn every year because my family lives on Bainbridge I always come back because the staff is very helpfull-for example-they brought me blankets at 2 AM and never complained of my late call. Breakfast is all one can eat and served in a cozy country like room The bedroom I stay in is very comfortable I can get up-have breakfast and walk into town and be among the very very friendly locals. AND so important for me---I can bring my dog and there is an area for him to do what dogs do.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Recently renovated, but nothing fancy, e.g., you won't find a microwave, fridge or hot tub in any of the rooms. This place is clean, quiet and affordable. It is within walking distance of shopping (Safeway and RiteAid) and food -- most importantly -- espresso shops.

The WiFi is free and fast -- better than 3 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload today.

Arrangements are being arranged with the Island Grill, around the corner, for room service.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

My husband and I stayed here in October and really enjoyed our stay.The rooms have been redone since we were there last. The earth tones and mirrored closet doors change the whole look.We also took advantage of their extended breakfast. With hard boiled eggs and yogurt and everything else they had there is something for everyone.The staff was very pleasant and helpful which added to the comfort of our stay. I would recommend this hotel for anyone and everyone.

• Liked — friendly,helpful staff
  • Disliked — hard to find
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Beautiful place to stay. The rooms could use a little renovation or at least be brought back up to date.
The staff was wonderful and very helpful.
I will stay there again the next time I come to that area.

• Liked — The staff and rates
  • Disliked — a little out dated
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

The people are really the key here - they will bend over backward to answer questions or make your stay more pleasant. One of the desk folks spent 10 minutes pointing out different parks on the map for me, and directed us to a really excellent hike we'd NEVER have found otherwise.

It's true the rooms are old, and really - this place is more of a motel than what I'd call an inn. You park in front of your door. But it is quiet, clean, well cared for, and entirely adequate. And there are some non-motel class amenities, like down pillows and nice soap.

My only complaint is that the hot tub was not very hot. The desk people said it was as hot as allowed by law - 105 degrees - and I didn't have a thermometer with me to check, so that may be true - but it was less warm than at most other hotels I've stayed at.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

I came to the Island for a getaway with my boyfriend. We came to the Island to tour and visit many of the wineries there is on the Island. We chose the Island Country Inn due to the quaint little name and smallness of the hotel in itself. We loved staying at the Island Country Inn.

We checked in and the front desk clerk, well she was great and very helpful, we even had a word with the manager and he is nice as ever as well... They made us feel so welcome and we are so thankful that we stayed there.

We went to our room and everything was wonderful, the only thing that looked even close to 14 years old was the carpet, but you all know that over time the carpets don't last forever... I mean there was not big huge nasty stains, just a few small ones that were really no big deal... The beds were comfortable and quite cozy. Slept really nicely!!!

When we woke up in the morning we went down to the lobby to get ourselves some breakfast... man are those belgian waffles great!!! They have fruit toppings, peanut butter and syrup... YUMMY!!! plenty of food to fill you up or at least hold you off for a while...

We don't think we could have asked for a nicer place to stay on Bainbridge Island and we will defiantely be going back to the Island Country Inn...

We saw their remodeling of the lobby and it looks really wonderful so far and we heard they are remodeling the guests rooms during the fall of this year. We will wait and take our next trip back then so we can see the new rooms and the wonderful upgrade of the hotel...

I would recommend this to people of all ages, even Grandma... Whether your coming for work or pleasure...

• Liked — Friendly staff and Belgian Waffles!!!
  • Disliked — That I had to leave and go back home...
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Island Country Inn? Share your experiences!