“The Bork sandwich and Man N Cheese were awesome” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Lynnwood, WA
“The Bork sandwich and Man N Cheese were awesome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is not the place involved in the fire - they are BEHIND the burned out building - pull into the driveway and go down.

My husband had the Bork (beef brisket and pulled pork) sandwich, with the chipotle BBQ sauce, and he said it was very good. He would definitely go back for another.

I had the full rack of ribs with the sweet sauce. The ribs were cooked well - fall off the bone tender. The sauce was a little vinegar-y, not very sweet in my opinion. My husband ate the rest of the ribs for lunch the following day, and noted that the sauce was a little bland, but he prefers the spicy stuff (hence the chipotle sauce for his sandwich).

I had the Mac N cheese (with goldfish and cornflakes on top) as a side which was awesome - I almost ordered a full meal of just that after having the side dish. The only reason I didn't was the wait.

The food is incredibly fresh, but it does take a long time to get to you. I didn't meet the owner at all, so I can't say anything about his demeanor as some of the other postings have. The service staff that did help us was very nice.

As a nice side note - for those of you with young children, they did have a Bumbo seat, in addition to the regular high chairs available, so that was a nice touch for our 5 month old.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
“Delicious food!! All of it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Bainbridge Island BBQ is my favorite restaurant on the island and it has by far the best BBQ that I have ever had. A couple of weeks ago I had some relatives visiting from Kansas and I took them to BIBBQ and they said that it was also the best BBQ that they have ever had which is saying something. Every dish is so good that I can never decide on what to get although the ribs are my favorite. The wait for the food is a bit lengthy but with delicious complimentary peanuts and of course friends and family to talk to, it is not all that long. I hope that more people will discover the greatness of this BBQ place so that it can continue to serve its delicious food to the people of Bainbridge Island.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent BBQ from the "BBQ Master!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A group of 15 of us went to BI BBQ for dinner. We had an assortment of wonderful BBQ - pulled pork, ribs and chicken, plus sides and apple crisp with ice cream. It was heavenly! The coleslaw was one of the best I've ever had. All of us loved the food and Greg (aka "BBQ Master") and his wife were very friendly and hospitable. Made us feel like we were visiting friends for some excellent homemade BBQ. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
“Outstanding BBQ !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Everything we tried was top quality, including the sides.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bainbridge island
“Down Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is one of those places who wish you found on a road trip in a small town someplace. Killer sides, spinach, mac and cheese, I mean really, they are over the top. Excellent Hamburgers, in wild boar, Kobe beef etc. Killer fries, ask for the secret sauces, hmmm.

Visited December 2011