“We felt a little like unwanted guests in someone else's home after having been invited to expect a warm reception.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast

SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge Island
SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast
You added SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
7686 Springridge Rd NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110   |
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

While it is very true that the grounds of the establishment are beautiful, we felt that the description of the suite was misleading in that the website says that this suite and another are separated by the main house. Our suite, the Courtyard Suite is actually ATTACHED to the main house - it is just another set of rooms separated by a door - one that allowed us to hear loud noises from the main house. At one point, we even considered calling the police. It was weird to hear bumping noises from the other side of the door, but not to have had ANY contact whatsoever from our "hosts", not even to welcome us or to say hello to us. We never saw anyone except for a sleepy teenage girl who answered the main house door when we rang the doorbell, upon arrival, to inquire about how to enter our quarters. Even though the hot tub is right outside the door, anyone coming around the corner to walk through the fields and grounds could have easily interrupted at any moment. The living quarters (2 rooms and a bath) are very clean, nice, and stylish decorated -lots of good books, magazines, and videos to keep you entertained. The continental breakfast -some granola, yogurt, and bananas were there, as stated, left in the refrigerator, but the fruit consisted of very overripe bananas that were not edible. We ended up feeling so uncomfortable the 2nd night not really knowing who was in the other part of the house or what was really happening - along with the fact that whoever was on the other side of our door could actually enter at any time- that we decided to take a ferry back home when it got closer to bedtime. I did communicate our concerns to our "hostess" who expressed her regrets that we had the experience we had, but didn't seem to think it was strange that we were not greeted by her or that we never met her - and seemed to think that was one of the appealing things about her establishment - that people liked that kind of "privacy". I didn't get any response about the noises, etc. I did not make any demands about any kind of a refund and indicated that I didn't want to make a big deal about this because it was a gift to us from our children. I didn't want them to feel badly if they knew all of these details, I did suggest,however, to her that she might want to consider making some offer of amends - she indicated that she might consider something for our children, since they bought the certificate, but not to us. I have never heard from her again..and that is just as well, since we truly do not want our children knowing about this, but I think that is fair that others do know, so you can make a better informed decision. Had I known about the things I experienced, I would not have chosen to go there. Even though it was definitely not horrible - it is a nice, clean, well decorated space within lovely grounds and contains very nice amenities- it is not the kind of private retreat I envisioned.

Room Tip: Discuss concerns above with owner.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
SeattleGardenGal, Owner at SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
I am very proud to report that only three guests in 10 years have not been a 'good fit' for the way I run my business, and this guest was the third. The very things she was unhappy with (outdoor hot tub for unbelievable star gazing, lack of hostess, total privacy) are the very reasons my guests love it here, and I am booked this week with repeat guests.
I don't have a clue what the noise was about. I run a very quiet, peaceful home. The 'surly teen' was a brilliant young woman staying with me temporarily, working nights (and cleaning my rooms) to put herself through nursing school. I do apologize for her exhaustion.
Wendy, Owner
SpringRidge Gardens Guest House

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to SpringRidge Gardens Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!