“Hope you like to hear cursing with dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Hope you like to hear cursing with dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've visited restaurants in the Applebee's chain all over the country (it's my default when I don't know the area and want something quick, plus they have the best deal in salad around), and they do vary quite a bit, from quiet and cozy family oriented to sports bars, but this is the first one I've been to that has people at the bar swearing at what sounds like the top of their lungs, although the conversation was not hostile at all. No matter the topic, each sentence seemed to be accompanied by at lest one use of the F word, freely mixed with a variety of other obscenities. Not the place to take your kids.

Visited October 2012
Brad S, Public Relations Manager at Applebee's Wytheville, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the Applebee's in Wytheville, VA! We love to hear from our guests. I apologize that the atmosphere during your most recent visit was not suitable for a family meal. While the restaurant cannot possibly moderate all conversations that our bar guests may have, it is our job to notice if any vulgar language is unusually loud or obnoxious and/or disturbing to other guests in the restaurant. I apologize that on this particular day, we failed to take notice and take action to make your visit more enjoyable. While I am sure this is an isolated incident, should any future issues of this nature arise, I encourage you to notify the manager on duty. I will share your feedback with this location to encourage our managers to be more aware of the language and/or conversations our guests have that may disturb others. If you have additional and/or specific comments, I invite you to contact our franchise at 888-497-3435. Thanks again for contacting us!

“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I go back once a year hoping for some improvement! Well I just won't go back again. The service
Was poor, the food was worse!! It's not even clean.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brad S, Guest Relations Manager at Applebee's Wytheville, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize your recent visit was less than satisfactory. The entire team at Wytheville takes great pride in what we do and it is always disappointing to know that we failed to deliver great food and service. I invite you to contact our Franchise (888-497-3435) and let us know any specific issue(s) during your visit and/or specific sanitation issues noted during your visit and I will make certain to follow up with this location. We are always trying to improve and our guests' feedback is the most valuable measurement. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared with this team and we will work hard to improve. I hope that I hear from you regarding some specifics so I am better able to prevent an experience like yours from happening again.
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Disappointing - not what I expect from Applebee's!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Applebee's is usually clean - this one needs refurbished! Service was so-so. My food was ok but my husband's was good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your recent review of the Wytheville, VA Applebee's. I am interested in hearing specific feedback regarding any facilities or sanitation issues noted during your visit. Our franchise can be reached at 888-497-3435. Approximately two years ago, a partial renovation took place in the Wytheville restaurant where we replaced booths, chairs, plateware, and updated wall coverings. As we seek to invest more money in our restaurants in the near future, your input on what area(s) of the restaurant are in the greatest need of a remodel is appreciated. Myself and the senior leadership team depend on the feedback of our guests to determine the direction of renovations/remodels. I invite you to contact me via the above number and I will make sure to address any cleanliness issues and share your feedback regarding needed facilities improvements with our Director of Facilities.
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“good restaraunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were staying in the area for a night and ate at this Applebees. Service was quick and food was good.

Visited October 2012
Navarre, Florida
“BUSINESS AS USUAL”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

average pub fare, service was as expected and the food was acceptable. been there several times. been very consistant.

• Visited August 2012