“Welcoming Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
“Welcoming Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The friendly front-desk staff, both at check-in and check-out, were very welcoming. Although our room was not ready on arrival, we were upgraded to a two-room suite (separate living room and bedroom), which provided wonderful space and comfort. The property is well maintained, and our room was clean and renovated.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
kingsport, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Wytheville is a small town with a lot of hotels due to its location near the intersection of I-77 and I-81. I wasn't expecting much but I booked the room at a good price. When I got there I was greeted as if the front desk clerk had been expecting me all day. She was warm, efficient and friendly and it was as if that Red Roof Inn was a bed and breakfast and she was its owner. The clerk at checkout was just as friendly, warning me about bad weather conditions down the road. The room itself was spotless and well appointed. The TV had a surprising number of stations. I slept well, showered well, really couldn't ask for more. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

For what you're getting, this is a great little hotel. Free Internet, my dog stayed free, the room was clean and updated, the staff was very friendly. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will stay there again when traveling through the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My dog and I stayed here for two days during my annual fall foliage viewing vacation (this place is popular with pet owners as I heard many dogs leaving in the morning). In fact I am sitting in the room on the last of the second day as I write this, (using the free WI-FI).
I paid 57.00 per night for a very nice clean room with king bed, computer work station, fridge and microwave. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
There is a nice large hilly area out back for the dog to sniff and go relieve himself.
All in all a great stay and deal but with a few gripes.
I had problems with the key cards, worked once and wouldn't work again, had to get new keys twice which was a pain as my dog was ready to go in and I had to deal with him while trying to get the key to work (he's a big fellow).
Also, the shower had a slow drain so that by the time you finished you were standing in 4 inches of water (a real pain as well).
I can't drink coffee without real half and half so the free 24 hour coffee was useless to me, although the free cookies were nice.
Now-- the big gripe!
Tonight I was standing naked in front of the TV just mindlessly watching and guess what, SOME GUY WALKS HALFWAY IN THE DOOR. Apparently they gave my room to someone, forgetting it was occupied. I know mistakes happen but jeez.
Still, I recommend this hotel and think you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2009
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Red Roof for 2 nights when we came to get our Chow Chow puppy all the way from NY. We got a great internet rate for a suite $55.20 per night for a huge suite. Living room and very large bedroom with 2 TV's, micro and mini fridge. Bathroom was clean. I would stay again. It could use some pictures, a blow dryer and a coffee maker but for that price.. bring your own and don't look at the walls. The room was clean the pool although closed looked nice and the grounds were neat. If your looking for a easy on/ff 81 that is clean and safe. Try it.. oh, and FREE wifi! with no passwords required.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Cabot, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

First off the desk clerk was very very friendly and willing to help. The room was spacious and as clean as any hotel I have ever stayed. It is close to all kinds of food and close to freeway easy on and off. The free high speed internet was indeed high speed. The pool and surounding are was clean and well kept, and the cookies wer hot and fresh and good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Good value - am used to staying at the Hampton Inn; this is a tiny step down, but just fine for the price. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Only complaint was the quality of the pillows - very lumpy in all 3 rooms that we used.
Dining in the area is a problem: we had dinner at the Applebee's which was close by. It was awful - for any price, and terrible for the price we paid. Breakfast - not included at the hotel - was had at the Waffle House across the street. No wonder there's a health crisis in the States. It was dreadful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!