“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Special Rate
Pets Stay Free!!
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

If all you need is an inexpensive room this will work. Clean enough, updated ok. Sidewalks badly need reworked and hope you're not too hungry at breakfast. Very limited selection with only 2 types of pastries and 2 cereals.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

On vacation to see our sister's newborn we were exhausted after a long day on the WV Turnpike and I furiously was looking for a smoking room in my area for my mother without success. We just happened to end up at the La Quinta on the west side of town which shares a sign with the Red Roof. We went in, checked their prices and room statuses and were very thankful; a reasonable $70 stay.

The girl at the front desk working that Sunday evening was very friendly and cheerful and I was glad to be served by her. Because of the big hills that define Wytheville it takes a little longer to find this, which is on top of a hill and steep driveway overlooking Lee Highway/US 11 on the east side of town. However this helps with a very quiet noise experience which isolates the building far from Lee Highway, which I was thankful for.

We stayed on the west side of the building overlooking the back of the La Quinta, but it did have a beautiful view all around of the hills around the city and the mountains in the distance too on a rainy but scenically foggy evening and morning.

The room was wonderful, no issues whatsoever with it. Very strong free wi-fi, very comfortable beds, and TV's with an awesome channel lineup, though they are mixed between flat screens and 90's vintage Zenith hotel CRTs which haven't given up the ghost yet (we got the latter; they do have closed captioning thankfully and HBO and showtime). Some light leakage through the closed curtains, but not so much it ruined anything. The nearest ice machine was out of service on our side of the building, but the other wasn't too far away on the other side all. The only minor issue was having to pick up a hair dryer from the front building (I assume because of theft issues), but that's understandable. The front desk girl also gave us great recommendations of nearby restaurants since there's no easy way to get there from walking distance.

The breakfast they have was nice; Cheerios or raisin bran for cereal choices, bagels, round danishes and muffins for bread choices, milk machine, and then a good coffee machine along with a good choice of juices.

I would definitely recommend this for the budget traveler for sure, it was a hotel that treated us well and provided an awesome view of the Blue Ridge Mountains to boot.

Room Tip: Definitely try for a west side room or one overlooking the front area for a beautiful view and peace...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Easy access from I-81, clean and comfortable rooms. Travel with our small dog; no extra charge for pets. We always get a room with fridge and micro so we can eat in and not leave pet to stress out. Staff is friendly, good location, clean room. Can't ask for more for the price. Have stayed here several times on our Florida/New York road trips.

Room Tip: First floor! Park right outside your door!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Montego Bay, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way south from Philadelphia. The hotel is in an enclave of several hotels, offering a panoramic view of the surrounding mountain ranges. The room was clean and comfortable. The building has two floors with no elevators so if you don't wish to lift your bags up a flight of stairs you may want to ask for a ground floor room. The hotel provides breakfast but this was most disappointing and not worth having. There is the choice of frosted or bran flakes, cup cakes and Danish which were exceedingly sweet and of poor quality. Management should consider supplying simply bread and/or bagels with butter and a toaster, which may actually cost less than pastry and be more palatable. Despite the reservations about breakfast, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Rooms smell. Beds were horrible. Pillows were like sleeping on top of a mountain. Molded in the bathroom ceiling. Tv are old and do not work well. Co breakfast was horrible. Garbage over flowing with milk coming out of the bottom. Do not stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here with my 11 year old daughter on our way from Georgia to Pennsylvania to pick up my niece. I also stayed here a 3 weeks later with my husband, 13 year old son and 11 year old niece. On the first trip with just my daughter and me, each one of us had our own full size bed and it was more comfortable with just one person in the bed. On the second trip, my husband and I shared a bed, my daughter and niece shared a bed and my son slept on the pull-out sofa bed. All beds were clean, but not the best quality. The pull-out bed was very "used", so my son sunk in the middle. The rooms are dated. If you are looking at a very affordable and clean room just for a night while traveling, this is a good hotel. The staff was very friendly and it is located conveniently off of I81. The breakfast room was clean, but the offerings were very minimal. They do offer a AAA discount which makes the already low price even better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Clinton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We come here once a year, just to relax and enjoy with our dog. Also accommodates smokers. Super clean place. All office staff is friendly and helpful with any information you need. Cleaning staff is awesome and friendly. Not far from Blue Ridge Parkway in whichever direction you go on it. Most important is they have plenty of privacy space for your dogs and you and they are very welcomed by staff. We will continue to come here once or twice a year for getaways.

Room Tip: Suites are the best. Large and have great views of mountains
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!