“Bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Special Rate
Pets Stay Free!!
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room looked ok but not as updated as some other Red Roof Inns.
I woke in the morning covered in bug bites in excess of 75. I informed the front desk and showed them the bites, to which they said they would call the pest control company.
I understand that this is a growing problem but at least they should have given me a free night.
I talked to the owner who said he would have his insurance company call me, no one did.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
As we discussed over the phone we have had our pest control company come out and do a detailed inspection with no signs of any pest, insects, or bed bugs. we have treated the room as a pre cautionary measure. I was unaware that you wanted to speak to the pest control company. I will let him know or you can contact them as well. J.B. Syndicate LLC. Mr. Arthur Johnson was the inspector during this case 276-228-4475.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Niagara Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Staff very friendly and very helpful check in fast and easy received discount for my military ID
heater in room worked very good quite and warmed room very fast
bathroom and room clean
nice local near restaurants and interstate

Room Tip: rooms not facing highway very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

CONYERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

i have stayed here several times while doing business in the area....front desk check in and check out was great....room was great although not upgraded to other red roof properties...i stayed in room 141 last trip.....the tv had a high pitched noise on any channel....also both ice machines not working...went down to local convenience store and got ice...i would stay here again but not before checking out the items described

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We have corrected both issues you have described. The ice machines have been fixed as well as the cable company has fixed the loud squeal on all channels.

We hope to see you again son!

Nashville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wow what a change....we haven't stayed at a Red Roof for a few years now and decided to stop at Wytheville for the night. I don't know if all the Red Roof have updated like this one but what a pleasant surprise we had. The room was large, attractive, and clean. Our breakfast choices were great and it was a stay we would do again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay.

Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped at this location for one night on a vacation trip to Myrtle Beach. The first thing I had to do was locate 'pet friendly' motels in the area and check reviews. I noticed and read the reviews for this Red Roof Inn and was impressed. I appreciate that Red Roof Inns don't charge for pets which clearly indicates they are acceptable and encouraging responsible pet owners to stay.
Check in was fast and they accepted a discount book coupon without hesitation. We stayed at a rear ground floor room and felt secure. The rooms and bedding were clean. The showers were fine and shower heads were excellent with great water pressure.
The motel is conveniently located just off the Interstate with restaurants and gas stations nearby. Overall this was an excellent value and we would not hesitate in staying at this or other Red Roofs for future trips. As a matter of fact we ended up signing up for a RediCard and used it at this location and two others we used in Myrtle Beach and Fairmont, W.V.
I would not hesitate in recommending to other fellow travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I expected this hotel t be the way it was. We had broken down and the lovely repair shop helped us get a place to stay while we waited for our repairs. When we checked in the man was very nice. He said he was new so i expected delays but since i work at a hotel i know what it is like. He was great except he informed me that they had a continental breakfast in the mornings. Which was muffins and pastrys and some cereal. I was kinda disappointed. He also did not ask if we had a bed preference. I would of preferred a king or a queen instead of a double since it was me and my boyfriend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay I do appologize that we did not offer you different bed types at check in.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My overnight stay here went really well until it was time to leave the next morning. My reservation was handled well upon arrival and the desk clerk was very welcoming. The room was convenient to the parking lot and everything was in order and operating well. Coffee was available throughout the evening and the property seemed safe and quiet.

My only problem was encountered the next day when I needed to check-out and get an itemized bill. At around 9 am, no one was at the front desk. For a few minutes I waited and kept calling out to attract someone. I was surprised since they are supposed to have 24-hour desk service and this was hardly the middle of the night anyway, but a prime hour of the morning for Guests to be leaving. Eventually a woman showed up; she seemed sort of harried and did say she was sorry for not attending the desk. I just shrugged and accepted the needed documents and gave her the room key card. This would have been more serious if a Guest had an appointment or was trying to catch a plane, but as it is I was just driving. Never had this problem at previous Red Roofs I have stayed at, as I am a Redicard holder.

Room Tip: Try to get an itemized invoice in advance if possible since the front desk appears not to be well-st...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Russell S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your response we are glad to hear your stay was good. I will look into why you had such a delay at check out and resolve this from happening in the furture.