“mike d” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
CONYERS
“mike d”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

i have stayed here several times while doing business in the area....front desk check in and check out was great....room was great although not upgraded to other red roof properties...i stayed in room 141 last trip.....the tv had a high pitched noise on any channel....also both ice machines not working...went down to local convenience store and got ice...i would stay here again but not before checking out the items described

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We have corrected both issues you have described. The ice machines have been fixed as well as the cable company has fixed the loud squeal on all channels.

We hope to see you again son!

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Nashville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wow what a change....we haven't stayed at a Red Roof for a few years now and decided to stop at Wytheville for the night. I don't know if all the Red Roof have updated like this one but what a pleasant surprise we had. The room was large, attractive, and clean. Our breakfast choices were great and it was a stay we would do again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay.

We hope to see you again soon!

Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stopped at this location for one night on a vacation trip to Myrtle Beach. The first thing I had to do was locate 'pet friendly' motels in the area and check reviews. I noticed and read the reviews for this Red Roof Inn and was impressed. I appreciate that Red Roof Inns don't charge for pets which clearly indicates they are acceptable and encouraging responsible pet owners to stay.
Check in was fast and they accepted a discount book coupon without hesitation. We stayed at a rear ground floor room and felt secure. The rooms and bedding were clean. The showers were fine and shower heads were excellent with great water pressure.
The motel is conveniently located just off the Interstate with restaurants and gas stations nearby. Overall this was an excellent value and we would not hesitate in staying at this or other Red Roofs for future trips. As a matter of fact we ended up signing up for a RediCard and used it at this location and two others we used in Myrtle Beach and Fairmont, W.V.
I would not hesitate in recommending to other fellow travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I expected this hotel t be the way it was. We had broken down and the lovely repair shop helped us get a place to stay while we waited for our repairs. When we checked in the man was very nice. He said he was new so i expected delays but since i work at a hotel i know what it is like. He was great except he informed me that they had a continental breakfast in the mornings. Which was muffins and pastrys and some cereal. I was kinda disappointed. He also did not ask if we had a bed preference. I would of preferred a king or a queen instead of a double since it was me and my boyfriend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay I do appologize that we did not offer you different bed types at check in.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My overnight stay here went really well until it was time to leave the next morning. My reservation was handled well upon arrival and the desk clerk was very welcoming. The room was convenient to the parking lot and everything was in order and operating well. Coffee was available throughout the evening and the property seemed safe and quiet.

My only problem was encountered the next day when I needed to check-out and get an itemized bill. At around 9 am, no one was at the front desk. For a few minutes I waited and kept calling out to attract someone. I was surprised since they are supposed to have 24-hour desk service and this was hardly the middle of the night anyway, but a prime hour of the morning for Guests to be leaving. Eventually a woman showed up; she seemed sort of harried and did say she was sorry for not attending the desk. I just shrugged and accepted the needed documents and gave her the room key card. This would have been more serious if a Guest had an appointment or was trying to catch a plane, but as it is I was just driving. Never had this problem at previous Red Roofs I have stayed at, as I am a Redicard holder.

Room Tip: Try to get an itemized invoice in advance if possible since the front desk appears not to be well-st...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Russell S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your response we are glad to hear your stay was good. I will look into why you had such a delay at check out and resolve this from happening in the furture.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

While I wish the Wi-Fi was stronger, it's hard to complain about a clean room and a decent price. The front desk lady at midnight was very nice and I would recommend this location to anyone who needs a bed for the night...it's not destination luxury, but it isn't trying to be. Breakfast as typical for a place like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your stay was great and the room was clean. I will look into the slow internet problem you had.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

-easy to find
-quick check in and out
-rooms smell like a vet terrible animal smell (and we are dog owners but this was awful!!)
-breakfast was free but we didn't even eat it bc it looked bad and only offered muffins & cereal that weren't appetizing.
-I'm surprised this hotel ever gets rated higher that 2-3. It wasn't higher than 2-3/5.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. I want to appoligize for the pet smell in your room on your recent stay I will look into this and resolve the problem. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to contact me by phone or email 276-223-1700 or I0680@redroof.com.

Russell

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!