“Did the trick” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Special Rate
Pets Stay Free!!
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
“Did the trick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

While I wish the Wi-Fi was stronger, it's hard to complain about a clean room and a decent price. The front desk lady at midnight was very nice and I would recommend this location to anyone who needs a bed for the night...it's not destination luxury, but it isn't trying to be. Breakfast as typical for a place like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your stay was great and the room was clean. I will look into the slow internet problem you had.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

-easy to find
-quick check in and out
-rooms smell like a vet terrible animal smell (and we are dog owners but this was awful!!)
-breakfast was free but we didn't even eat it bc it looked bad and only offered muffins & cereal that weren't appetizing.
-I'm surprised this hotel ever gets rated higher that 2-3. It wasn't higher than 2-3/5.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. I want to appoligize for the pet smell in your room on your recent stay I will look into this and resolve the problem. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to contact me by phone or email 276-223-1700 or I0680@redroof.com.

Coeburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Wytheville Va Red Roof a few times and each time has been very good. This time was no exception. When I checked in, the front manager Marla was very professional and got me into my room very quick and efficiently. she was friendly and quite helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The only negatives I had about the room were the lack of electrical outlets(I had to unplug the alarm clock in order to plug in my laptop) and no refrig/microwave but I made do without a microwave and used our cooler. I used a Redicard certificate for this room and I guess this was all they had on that plan(I usually stay in an upgraded room). The free breakfast was adequate for our needs(if you want something better, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel is just down the street). I'd recommend this property again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are excited to hear your stay was once again great! as always we appreciate return guest.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

No WiFi even though advertised. Tried to call front desk from room several times but no one answered. Called from my cell phone several times. Someone would answer after several rings but immediately hang up!!! This went on for over an hour, till about 11:00 pm. Don't think there was still many people checking in, so shouldnt have been too busy to answer phone. Very poor customer service. Furniture seems to be from the 60's. TV looks at least 15 years old. All king rooms on second floor. Walk up with all your luggage!! No thanks......only stayed here cause LaQuinta next door sold out. It is better than sleeping in the car!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Pittston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Let me preface this by stating, I am a loyal Redicard Member, and I love Red Roof. I travel cross country for a month or two every year with my dog, and I stay at Red Roof whenever possible. With that said, the rooms in this motel are "tired," and they are in desperate need of an update. When I checked in, I was given a room that was not cleaned, so I had to bring my luggage and dog back to the truck, and drive all the way back to the office. The desk clerk was beyond apologetic and pleasant. However, there was a family of middle eastern/Indians, who live in two rooms of the motel, and they appear to clean the rooms and take care of the grounds. They lurk around the walkways, and they leave the doors to their rooms open at all times. They cannot speak English, and they were beyond creepy. Unfortunately, we had to pass them and their rooms every time we entered or exited our room, and they made us very, very uncomfortable. In fact, when they saw that my first room (a Superior King) was not cleaned, an Indian man opened a basic room with two double beds, and said, "Here." I told him I wanted a Superior King, and he said, "NO, HERE." I just ignored the creep, and I took all my luggage and dog back to my truck and went back to the front desk. The second room was made up, but it was tired, old, and worn. The air conditioner was EXTREMELY loud, but I like white noise in a motel, so I was okay with that. Most others hate noisy a/c's. To be fair, there are three positives about the property. The front desk staff was very nice, and the rooms are quiet (if you do not mind extremely loud a/c units). This property also featured a nice breakfast bar, with juices, coffee, cereal and muffins. If I had it to do all over again, I would stay in the La Quinta, which shares the same property as Red Roof. Both properties have GREAT spaces to walk your pets!

Room Tip: All areas seemed to be quiet. Be warned, the A/C units (in the rooms) are beyond loud!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good place to stop on I 81 room was large clean and close to the 81 could be a few more food options close but if you want something other than bob evans its a couple miles (should have just ordered pizza delivered) Would stay again and probably will again in a couple weeks

Room Tip: Avoid the breeze way on first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just off Interstates 81 & 77, this is an easy place to find. Because of the location there are a lot of people who use this as an overnight stay along their way. We are a bit unusual in that we stay for several days exploring. There is a nice family atmosphere with clean practical rooms. My wife and I visit here annually to explore the New River Trail and other historical places in the area. Free WyFy, accessible eateries nearby, and transportation access make this ideal for us. The breakfast is standard with lots of carbs (rolls and cereal), but short on proteins (which is why I gave it only four stars.) No concierge, but there has always been a staff person at the desk who could answer questions.

Room Tip: We travel with two mountain bicycles. Don't be afraid to book a suite or business room. They h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!