“Good value for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 East Main St, I-81/I-77 at exit # 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Special Rate
Pets Stay Free!!
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Pennington Gap, Virginia
“Good value for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The room had all the basic ammenities you would expect for a budget hotel. It was clean, especially considering the hotel is pet friendly. There were no pet odors or pet hair in my room. The toilet and bath faucet dripped continuously, and there was soap residue in both the shower and vanity sink, which could have easily been wiped off during cleaning. Being that you enter rooms from the outside vs. an interior hallway, it was quite noisy with travelers constantly coming in for the night with the occasional car door slamming or dog barking. The continental breakfast is a small container that held about 10 muffins/pastries with coffee beside them. Overall, this hotel is what was expected for the price. It was basic accomodations for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Coeburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

This property used to be a Holiday Inn. It was clean, the room was quite nice even though older(many of the Red Roofs are going through remodeling. Think this one is in the near future). The continental breakfast was acceptable, not great but not terrible, the coffee and juice was 24 hr accessible. Staff was friendly. Prices are a little higher than other Red Roofs but the security and cleanliness of the property make up for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was returning from my trip to Florida (have condo's there) and I had to take my dog on this trip which I have never done before. I usually stay in North Carolina with relatives on way down and back but they were away. I knew that Wytheville was about half way (from Brampton, Ontario) so, I thought I would stop here and see who would take me with the dog. I have stayed in the Red Roof in Boston several times and liked it, so when I saw this location it was my first stop. The young girl at the front (Chelsea) was so nice. It was late at night and she took care of me fast and said she would give me a room away from others since I had the dog. I had not pre-booked but I did have a Red Roof RediCard which made it easier, and I even got a discount because I had CAA membership. I was hungry and made the mistake of leaving my dog in the room alone for a bit which he was unfamiliar with, but he rarely barks. Tried to get into the Mexican restaurant beside there but they stop service at 10:00pm so I went back to ask Chelsea where else I could go, so I ended up the road at Applebees. Came back to the dog barking and shaking. The hotel is convienient for the hiway and very easy off/on. The only problem I had was that it was a very cold night and the room was very cold and there were no extra blankets and the one on the bed was a short one and I never use the comforters as I know hotels don't wash often. Also, when I lifted my pillow there was a large bug on the pillow...was not sure what it was but I thought It was a cockroach until I thought later it was a bit too big to be one and they usually don't go on the bed. I was checking to ensure no signs of bed bugs but looked good. Someone mentioned some other kind of bug that is prominent in Virginia. I was so tired I just threw it out the door. Otherwise, it was clean. I was still okay with it...but did not sleep well all night. I would still recommend it to my customers as a mid way point as it was reasonable price and clean. Also, make sure you get internet info at the desk, I was so tired I could have called down but did not think about that, so I did not get to check my emails. Having the little bit of Tea/bun in the morning before continue driving was just enough to get me started. Thanks, Chealsea...you saved my night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Was driving from Jacksonville, FL to Pittsburgh, PA, as I entered the state of Virginia I grew weary and looked for a hotel. I checked trip advisor and it indicated this Red Roof Inn was sufficient for an overnight stay. I pulled into a rest stop and made reservations via a smart phone. I arrived and entered the building. The car port and the surrounding landscape were clean but some construction was taking place. This hotel sits in a very good location, close to the major highway but far enough away no road noise is heard. I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk and check in was quick and efficient.

The lobby is basic with and the adjacent breakfast area was very tastefully decorated but of small size.

I arrived at my room and began my inspection; the room was of average size, was clean and neat but unremarkable in its colors and textures. The television was 27” standard with a very good channel selection. The bed spread was freshly laundered and the bed sheets were white, clean and crisp. Inspection of the bathroom revealed clean, neat and organized with plenty of clean white towels and an average selection of amenities, shampoo, conditioner and soap only. The shower was clean, had great pressure and the hot water was plentiful. Be advised no hair dryer, ironing board or iron was in the room.

The bed was comfortable and I had no issues with sleep. The hotel itself was crowded and I heard no noise from the exterior. The HVAC quickly and consistently heated the room; it was quiet and unobtrusive, and controlled at the unit itself. The desk/work area was of average size and the desk chair was adequate.

This hotel sits among many chain restaurants and some are within walking distance and the remaining choices are with-in a short drive.

Would I return, yes, would I recommended, yes. This hotel is great for basic overnight accommodations. It was clean, quiet and comfortable, clearly the owners take pride in their hotel, and it is evident by the condition of the room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This hotel is right off 77 and very easy to get on and off freeway. It is pet friendly, the rooms have no smell and are very clean...the mattress and pillows were good...there are a lot of places to eat and a great little Mexican place you can walk to..food was excellent.....the price was a great value....got in late and the girl at the front desk was so pleasant and professional...they have sweet rolls, juice and coffee free in the morning..enough to get you going.....Red Roof is doing something right..I would stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and I needed some time alone during the holidays and this was a great place to go. I have family in the area but we wanted to stay by ourselves and enjoy each other. It was magical. Thanks for everything Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Beautiful during winter