“Budget hotel that gets the job done for a good price” 4 of 5 stars

Budget Host Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 Chapman Road, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Budget hotel that gets the job done for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It's a budget hotel (motel, actually), so I knew that it wasn't going to sweep me off my feet. 2 story motel, with parking immediately outside the rooms. There were vending machines outside on each floor. I got 2 double beds for $45, which I considered a very fair price. The room was clean, and didn't have anything that was noticeably dirty. The bed was more firm than I prefer, but that's something that everybody has a different opinion on. There was a free continental breakfast in the office, which had some cereal, cinnamon rolls, and a couple of other assorted items. The room came with free high-speed internet. It's not the speed I'm used to at home, but it was definitely faster than dial-up. There were only 4 other cars in the parking lot, so I know the slower speed wasn't a result of everybody being on the internet at the same time. The hotel was only half a mile from the interstate, and there were plenty of restaurants nearby (at least 2 within walking distance) for other food options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Haven't even stayed there yet but after reading the reviews and calling to explain that we were traveling through and were looking for a clean / safe place to stay in route, I was informed that this was not the Hyatt but could be assured that we would be the right place. After speaking with them I feel very good about the decision to make a reservation.

We will update after stay.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

Clean hotel , comfortabel beds . polite friendly staff. excellent overnight stay

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

This hotel was about half-way from home to our destination. We stopped there both coming and going. We had only reserved one night but after staying there knew the value we got. Hey, it's $50 bucks so the taj mahal it ain't. However, the manager is extremely welcoming and the rooms are clean but bare. Will definately keep this place in any future traveling plans!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Charleston, wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Don't let the appearance fool you ... Very basic room, clean and one of the most comfortable beds ever. Front desk clerk very friendly. Would definitely stay again while traveling through.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
akron ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

after check in we left for our local destination, when getting back to the Motel later that evening we found that the room had indoor/outdoor carpet and the cinder block walls has been painted to look like wall paper, the worn out makeshift counter top where the sink was mounted was filthy, the bathroom was very very small. when turning on the tv it did not work, the heater would only run on high so the room temperature could not be regulated. when attempting to take a shower in the tiny bathtub I found the water was only luke warm. after complaining to the management on duty I was basically told to bad and "to deal with it" . The so called High speed internet was as fast as dial up. The train that passes by also was a tad annoying at 1:30 a.m. the breakfast was a bag of day old powdered doughnuts and some moldy muffins and no coffee. I wouldn't recommend this Motel to a prison inmate. STAY AWAY!!!! staff and Budget inn are unwilling to help or do whats right you will be sadly disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
budgethostVa, Management at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you had. While we are not a 5 star hotel, we do try our best to provide the best service possible. We are also ideal for budget-minded travelers visiting Wytheville, VA. We hope to see you soon!

Hotel Management, General Manager
Richmond Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

A no frills, basic room that was cleaner than any other place we have stayed en route to and from Ontario Canada to Florida. Perfect for a convenient, friendly and comfortable stopover. I would never have selected this hotel had I not read about it online. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a basic place to sleep.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!