“Good for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Oxford, OH
“Good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was travelling to the Coast of NC and had to stop in Wytheville as a good place and the Hilton would have been $120 just to sleep and this place had gotten good reviews so I figured I would give it a try. I opted for "Mountain View" for $10 more. Well maybe you can see it in the winter but all I saw was trees. But it is on the back so it was quiet! The place is rather spartan but clean, the guy at the front desk a little taciturn but nice and they had painted a nice wheat pattern on the cinder block walls! MY bed was fine, the WiFi worked and all and all I was a happy camper. The shower was a little weak but I cleaned up fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newton Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We travel a lot and now we have found the perfect place to stay when we perform in Bristol.. The owner Pete is so friendly..The rooms are clean.. Great breakfast, totally recommend this motel!!!
Great

Room Tip: Lower rooms, your car is right outside your door!! TV, Fridge
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a great little motel to stay in. There are a lot of other motels in the area for more money. Our room was large enough for us. The shower was nice and hot. There is a train that you can hear at night and in the morning, but honestly, we loved the sound. Hadn't heard that sounds since we were both kids.
The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Would definitely stay there again if we're traveling through.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First off, let me say that I knew for $60 on a Friday night that we were not getting the Ritz Carlton, however, this place was a little bit scary. I will give it a 2 (instead of a 1) because it was clean other than that and a convenient location off of the interstate, I have nothing else positive to say. We arrived about 9:30 PM, the man at the front desk was pleasant enough and told us we were around back. That's when the "fun" begins. Poorly lit, with a grassy knoll behind the parking lot with tree stumps that in the dark look like headstones greeted us once we parked. We climbed the carpeted steps outside as we were on the second floor. Opened our room door and were greeted with suffocating heat. I turned the air on immediately but for the first hour or so if we were not sitting directly in front of the air conditioner then it felt like a sauna. Flowers painted on cinderblocks would describe the décor and linoleum tile from 1975 in the bathroom that was not level. No air in the bathroom so it was scorching the entire time. One of the outlets sparked badly when attempting to plug in a phone charger and we had a light next to the bed that kept flickering on and off until I eventually turned it off (also to a small electrical shock). I slept maybe 2.5 hours out of the 10 or so we were there. The bed was OK but with everything else, heat in the room, noise form outside of car doors slamming all night long, I found it difficult to rest. There are many other options in the area so next time we will choose one of those. Unless everything else is full or you fell like tempting fate then I suggest you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
budgethostVa, Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed there on my way to and from Myrtle Beach.

I can't give it 4 stars but it is perfect for what I needed. It had an ice machine, comfortable bed, ice machine, breakfast, and wifi.

Also both guys I talked to at the front desk were awesome. I recommend the Applebees but it can get busy.

I would absolutely come back if I decide to drive to Myrtle Beach again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Thoroughly concur with other reveiwers. Don't be put off by the modest exterior and décor in the units. The rooms have good beds, are very clean and the breakfast is all you need to start the day. The owner is helpful and friendly. Great value for money

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
La Plata, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

DH and I needed a place to stay that was as close to $50 as we could get. It was 1:30am in the morning and we just wanted to sleep for a few hours before continuing on to North Carolina. We stopped at another hotel up the road and they wanted $85 for one "night" and we decided to move on up the road to this place. The outside can be deceptive (like others have said), and the interior of the rooms is outdated, but the room was CLEAN, and had everything we needed for our short stay (i.e. comfy beds, a tv, a nice shower, good towels, a mini-fridge, etc). The desk staff were friendly and so all was great! We didn't take advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast because we saw there were other options nearby. As others have said, it served our needs and served them well!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple