“Hibachi or regular is great” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: The most artistic sushi I have ever seen
Description: The most artistic sushi I have ever seen
Wytheville, VA
“Hibachi or regular is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

For dinner sitting at the hibachi table is the way to go! Very entertaining and it is delicious. Only downside I have noticed is you only get rice, I have been to others that offer noodles and loved that option. Don't let that get you down about this place though! It is certainly delicious and a little gem in Wytheville. If my husband and I are meeting for lunch, we like to grab a table and just order a "bento" meal. Same exact thing but much less wait time involved!

Visited July 2013

Rural Retreat, Virginia, United States
“Don't expect to find may Japanese here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place is ok, the food is ok, but I prefer the real Japanese Steak Houses. The service is outstanding, but the price can be really high. The bento box seems to be the best deal. They are trying to make it in a small town, so having an upscale Asian restaurant, even if they are of different nationality is better than nothing. If you are a P.F. Chang kind of person and I'm not talking the frozen food from Walmart lol, then your not gonna be impressed. Like I said, it's ok, your probably not gonna be disappointed, just don't be expecting high end Japanese.

Note: We ate there a few nights ago and it was close to 0 degrees outside, the restaurant was very cold, kinda like they didn't really want to turn the heat up. We literally ate in our coats as well as everyone else sitting around us, the staff acted like it was kinda funny, but maybe I want come back until summer.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Tokyo Japan just didn't provide an Awesome Sushi experience. The Sushi was average and the Stir-Fried Noodles were good, but the vegetables were few and far between and not the best cuts. Specialty Sushi items were $4 or $5 higher than most similar restaurants. Ginger Salad was also a little bland.
I visited on a slow weeknight and the service/kitchen was very fast. (Faster than I was eating)

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ennismore On
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Lots of choices for the sushi lover and for one who like a hibachi or a selection off the menu. The service was quick and friendly. The restaurant was easy to find.
Many combinations with veggies, soup and salad are available.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Japanese Food Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't know what that one review is talking about. I've eaten here probably 6 times in the past couple of months and I don't plan to stop. Every single time I am greeted by a smiling hostess, the servers are kind and attentive, never had an order error, and the food? The sushi is unbelievable. I've also had a couple other entrees not sushi related that blew my mind, so this place can do it all. If you're in Wytheville, skipping this place is a mistake.