“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great hotel, convenient to highway, clean and comfortable rooms. We stayed here one night on our way to visit family for the holidays. It is a relatively new hotel with modern and visually appealing public areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you staying with us and am glad that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking a moment and letting us know how we did. We hope that you will be back to see us!

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chagrin Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Nice, new modern hotel. Lobby is small but has a modern design and very nice. Check in/out was speedy. Room was large and more spacious than average. The beds were pretty comfortable and the tv was large and very nice. They offer the NFL ticket for free on Sundays during football season! I thought the rooms were very quiet. We stayed in the room directly across from the elevator and ice machines and heard nothing all night. The drapes also help keep the room very dark. The breakfast room was very large with ample seating. They had regular tables, high seat tables and booth seating around a fireplace. Breakfast was very good consisting of eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, among other things. I liked the fact that real silverware and glass plates are used. The thing I liked the most about this hotel were the room keys. All you had to do was wave them in front of the sensor by the door knob to open the door. Unique. My kids really likes that. Pool and whirlpool were nice. Only thing I found that was a little less than stellar were some of the employees. Maybe it was that the hotel was new and staffed with employees in training, but some of them needed some more customer service skills. Minor things like not holding doors open for guests, smoking right outside of exits, name tags on upside down. I realize that it's not a Ritz Carlton, just needs a little polishing. The hotel is a little difficult to find, especially at night. In the daylight it was much easier to find your way and easy to get back on Rt. 77 with no problems. Overall, a very good stay and is definitely one of the nicer hotels options in Wytheville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review! It appears that you were able to enjoy most of our many ammenities. We have added a couple of new front desk agents so they are still being trained and have progressed well. Our name tags are magnetic so that may explain why it was upside down. I do understand your concern for smoking outside of the exits and we have designated areas for our guests and employees to exercise their habit. As for our difficult location, we have added additional signs in hopes this will alleviate any confusion. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will come again!
Niagara Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It is a fairly new hotel and it is very clean. Our check in was fast and the front desk staff member was very helpful. Our room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. We will stay here again when we are in the area!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review! We actually opened on June 27th of this year so we are the newest property in Wytheville, VA. We have our arriving guests ready in advance so that they can begin to relax and enjoy their spacious room and the Serta perfect sleeper mattress. The front desk clerks are available 24/7 and are always eager to help our guests! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always ask to be on an upper floor away from noise, but it always seems to find me!!! This is why I was so impressed with the doors in this hotel...they can not clunk shut unless you are trying to make them slam! I even tested the stairwell doors which were right across the hall from my room and they were hydrolic doors that allowed them to close quietly too! I would say that the rooms must be somewhat insulated too since I didn't really hear much from my neighbors. I really love quiet, and I know that I am expecting too much when I am wanting a quiet room, quiet hall, etc. However, this hotel delivered! When we have to stay anywhere near Wytheville...this is where you will find me!
The beds were very comfortable. I don't think I moved the whole night! The pool and hot tub area was very nice. My kids played for over an hour and could have easily stayed in longer! We had the whole pool to ourselves...very relaxing and enjoyable after traveling. The hot tub was pretty warm. The pool has a chair lift which I thought was a nice touch to allow anyone to swim that might otherwise not be able to get in/out. Breakfast the next morning was typical HIExpress, but it did have pancakes. I haven't seen that offered before.
Oddly enough, the only "complaint" I would have is the noisy toilet. It is VERY loud! I wouldn't really even call this a complaint. I guess it just stood out since everything else seemed so quiet! :)

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel would have a great sunset view of the hills. Front side view would be inters...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be quiet. I understand that when you stay in a hotel you automatically assume that it is going to be noisy. I am glad that we were able to deliver you and your family a quiet comfortable room. It is also pleasing to know that your kids were able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. The pancake maker in the breakfast is an added touch that everyone seems to be enjoying. As for the toilets, we are equipped with the EcoQuantum Dual Flush system so they may seem to be a little louder than others. Thank you for the feedback!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times since July, going back and forth from Canada to "our otherplace" on Hilton Head Island. It's the newest in the area but a bit hard to find the first time, especially when you're tired after a super long drive. It's perfect in its location and design, everything works great. It is not quit as large as some other Holiday Inn properties but the the design of this hotel is really convenient and makes it easy to get in and out efficiently. Most of the parking is located at the back and the elevators are just steps from the back door along with the breakfast area. The ladies in the breakfast area are very welcoming and attentive.

As a Priority Club Members, the only negetivity would be the fact that you don't get the feeling that they respect Priority Club Members, unless of course you're are a Platinum Club Member. ie.The Priority Club Welcome seems an after thought.

On my way south towards Charlotte , I make sure I get some good sleep before tackling the steep decent on I77 south of Fort Chiswell, this Holiday Inn is situated perfectly for that

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review! I regret that we are hard to find but we are adding signs in hopes that it will alleviate some of the confusion. We do value our Priority Club members of all levels and I am sorry that you did not get that feeling. The front desk staff are continuously being trained and are provided material to help better serve our members and give them the respect and courtesy they deserve. We are much appreciative that we are your lodging choice during your travels back and forth between places. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more comforting. Thanks again for your feedback.
Goose Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We chose this hotel because it is new and has a no pet policy. The location is not very good and has poor access.Pay close attention to exit# from I-77, otherwise, it is not easy to find. The morning after we arrived, I was greeted at the elevator by a very large dog. The front desk clerk said it was a service dog and they had to accept service animals. Even though the dog owners appeared to be perfectly healthy with no handicaps, it was a big disappointment to be exposed to animals in a hotel with a no pet policy. Hotels should make it policy to reserve 1st floor rooms in the same area of the hotel for service animal guests as not to expose those of us who prefer not to sleep behind animals. The hotel was very clean and nice and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review! As a requirement by law, we do accept service animals. I understand your concern of reserving the same area for these guests requiring assistance but unfortunately we assign them according to their circumstance. I realize that some may not look to be handicapped but as long as we are provided documentation that the dog serves as some sort of help to that person we are required to accept the person and their service animal. Once the room is vacant housekeeping is alerted that a service animal was placed in that room and extra attention is given. We will review ways to keep these guests in one area of the hotel. As for our difficult location, we have added additional signs in hopes that we can be easily found. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and enjoyed our hot continental breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and ideas.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a very nice, clean hotel with very comfortable beds, nice, modern furnishings and very large rooms. We found it to be too bright at night due to the lights from the parking lot. The room darkening curtains did not adequately shut out the light. Therefore we all had difficulty sleeping, but it was much too late to request a room change. The pool and hot tub area were very nice, but there were quite a few dead bugs on the pool decking. The breakfast was very good, lots of choices. However, there is not a waffle maker which was a bit of a disappointment. There is a pancake maker which makes very thin rubbery pancakes. The eggs and sausage were very good. The real plates and silverware were nice. The young lady at the front desk late night was so pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel, on the second floor, are very bright at night. The lighting from th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I understand your concern for the lighting in the parking lot. Unfortunately, the lights are there for security reasons. Our pool area is checked on a daily basis by the maintenance staff and the front desk clerks during all shifts so I do apologize that you came across dead bugs. Our breakfast bar offers a variety of hot and cold items so I am pleased that you were able to enjoy most of the items although I am sorry a waffle maker is not currently available. Maybe that is something we can look into in the near future. The real plates do seem to be a big hit and so is our late night front desk ladies (our dayshift ladies are the same)!! Thanks again for you review and your comments are always taken into consideration.

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!