“Basic, Clean, and Surprisingly Retro!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Wytheville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wytheville
Motel 6 Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   220 Lithia Road, I-77/I-81 North at Exit #73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Orlando, Florida
“Basic, Clean, and Surprisingly Retro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here on the way from Ohio to Atlanta. Perfect for an overnight stop with dogs. Pet friendly clean rooms...and the rooms were retro style. Really havent seen anything like them! Not a lot of space to walk the dogs, but was only here for one night so it was fine. Be sure to eat at the local mexican place down over the hill. This hotel is great for a clean, quiet, and budget friendly stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Augusta, ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Because I travel with my dog, and because I resent having to pay extra for her, which I would have to at most other chains, I stay at a lot of Motel 6s, which does not charge a pet fee. I have stayed at the good, the bad, and the ugly, (and a few VERY good) in the Motel 6 chain, and this one I would rate as "good enough." I think I was relegated to a "dog" room because, while some of the Motel 6 upgrades HAD been done (new beds, décor, TV), the floor still had the old, dirty, stained, carpet of the pre-renovated days. NOTE TO OWNER---YOU WANT TO PUT DOGS IN A ROOM WITH A VINAL FLOOR SO IT CAN BE MORE EASILY CLEANED!!! The upgrades were rendered a little less effective because the floor had obviously been stained by dogs (not mine!!!), and smelled pretty badly. Maybe the upgrades are on going, and eventually all the rooms will have the renovations. It sort of appeared that they were working on it. However, this noted, the room, except for the carpet, was clean enough, the beds were comfortable, there were no bugs in them, and there was green space to walk the dog. It was also cheap. Many restaurants within walking distance, too. I would stay here again, but I would request a room with the new flooring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The last time we stayed here, very run down and old. This time, newly renovated, clean, smelled good. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Only complaint - shower head height was more suited for 5 foot person than for me at 6 feet. Very nice stay - would not hesitate to stay again. Much better than Econolodge, next door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bonifay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I made my reservation online, so I knew I would have a room when I got there. Before taxes, the room was only $32. Check in was quick and I went right to my room. It was apparent that the room was recently renovated. Bright colors and modular furniture was nice and the room appeared clean everywhere I looked. Unlike another reviewer, I like the change to laminate flooring. It seems much cleaner than carpeting. I had a king sized bed, which was only average in terms of comfort, but I slept fine. The wifi was easy to hook up to and of an acceptable speed. I was up early and after a hot shower, out the door. The room was exactly what I needed. Just a place to get some sleep and get back on the road at a value price. It should be noted that this property is a little tricky to find when you get off the interstate in the dark.

Room Tip: This is a one story property, so all rooms are probably similar.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Columbus Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I paid $52 for a night which is a little on the low end motels in this area. I have always thought of Motel 6's as pretty clean, I was wrong. The rooms were getting renovated, their were holes in the wall, half the walls were painted. Bed mattresses were laying outside. The staff did give us a newly renovated room. This was a much better improvement however it was dirtier than expected.

The pool showed its age but worked and the water was clean.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Howell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel before and each time it fine for what we need. We stop here on our way to Georgia from NJ. Its a no frills place but thats what the hotel chain is known for. The staff was pleasant, we slept well, and they accept pets. Its all we needed at a reasonable price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare from the second we walked in. We stopped passing through, and just needed a place to lay down for the night. Nothing more. I regretted it immediately. I will never stay at another Motel 6. We were in room 113. The floor, instead of being carpeted, was covered in a cheap looking and feeling linoleum type covering (felt more like wallpaper) that was wood grained. It felt so weird under your feet. Never seen such a thing. The pillows were paper thin and hard as a rock when you folded them in half to try to make something of it. I slept leaned up against the wall instead. I would have slept better in the car. Let's move on to the bathroom. Turned on the light and there was a huge spider crawling out of the fan on the ceiling. Hubby took care of that one. I turned on the fan to scare out the rest of the spider family, and out they came. Took care of them. My son was sitting on his bed and claimed a spider was on his face, then refused to sleep on that bed (that's where I was lucky enough to sleep....). The bathroom was so nasty I didn't even want to shower in there. There was trim pulled off the wall and holes in its place. Grayish stains on the walls. We realized we had forgotten a toothbrush for my daughter and walked to the front desk to request one (most motels have a few on hand!) They did not have one. I guess that's what you get for a $50/night room. I do NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Wytheville? Share your experiences!