“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Wytheville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wytheville
Motel 6 Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   220 Lithia Road, I-77/I-81 North at Exit #73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Fairmont, West Virginia
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The last time we stayed here, very run down and old. This time, newly renovated, clean, smelled good. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Only complaint - shower head height was more suited for 5 foot person than for me at 6 feet. Very nice stay - would not hesitate to stay again. Much better than Econolodge, next door.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bonifay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I made my reservation online, so I knew I would have a room when I got there. Before taxes, the room was only $32. Check in was quick and I went right to my room. It was apparent that the room was recently renovated. Bright colors and modular furniture was nice and the room appeared clean everywhere I looked. Unlike another reviewer, I like the change to laminate flooring. It seems much cleaner than carpeting. I had a king sized bed, which was only average in terms of comfort, but I slept fine. The wifi was easy to hook up to and of an acceptable speed. I was up early and after a hot shower, out the door. The room was exactly what I needed. Just a place to get some sleep and get back on the road at a value price. It should be noted that this property is a little tricky to find when you get off the interstate in the dark.

Room Tip: This is a one story property, so all rooms are probably similar.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Columbus Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I paid $52 for a night which is a little on the low end motels in this area. I have always thought of Motel 6's as pretty clean, I was wrong. The rooms were getting renovated, their were holes in the wall, half the walls were painted. Bed mattresses were laying outside. The staff did give us a newly renovated room. This was a much better improvement however it was dirtier than expected.

The pool showed its age but worked and the water was clean.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Howell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel before and each time it fine for what we need. We stop here on our way to Georgia from NJ. Its a no frills place but thats what the hotel chain is known for. The staff was pleasant, we slept well, and they accept pets. Its all we needed at a reasonable price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare from the second we walked in. We stopped passing through, and just needed a place to lay down for the night. Nothing more. I regretted it immediately. I will never stay at another Motel 6. We were in room 113. The floor, instead of being carpeted, was covered in a cheap looking and feeling linoleum type covering (felt more like wallpaper) that was wood grained. It felt so weird under your feet. Never seen such a thing. The pillows were paper thin and hard as a rock when you folded them in half to try to make something of it. I slept leaned up against the wall instead. I would have slept better in the car. Let's move on to the bathroom. Turned on the light and there was a huge spider crawling out of the fan on the ceiling. Hubby took care of that one. I turned on the fan to scare out the rest of the spider family, and out they came. Took care of them. My son was sitting on his bed and claimed a spider was on his face, then refused to sleep on that bed (that's where I was lucky enough to sleep....). The bathroom was so nasty I didn't even want to shower in there. There was trim pulled off the wall and holes in its place. Grayish stains on the walls. We realized we had forgotten a toothbrush for my daughter and walked to the front desk to request one (most motels have a few on hand!) They did not have one. I guess that's what you get for a $50/night room. I do NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is not one of the old “corporate” Motel 6s but one of the franchised operations. It was obviously an old motel that once operated under a different name that entered the Motel 6 franchise program. This Motel 6 directory noted that this motel had the “New Rooms” that Motel 6 is promoting. More on the interior of the rooms later. The motel is on a hillside above Interstate 81 and is composed of several one story buildings. I requested and was assigned the one story building that was the farthest away from I-81 and there was no road noise. I am not sure if that would be the case if your room was in the first or second building closest to I-81.

My king bed room was large and would have easily held two queen beds. These may have been Motel 6’s “New Rooms” but my room was dinged up quite a bit. The “New Room” concept requires a “hardwood floor” which I think is a composite flexible material but it was applied poorly. The sub floor preparation was probably non-existent. The floor was flimsy and buoyant. There seemed to be bubble in the floor underneath it since the floor material was squishy and flexed when you stepped on it. The walls had been repaired in the past with different texturing and the walls had scars where electrical conduit ran between old switches and lighting fixtures that once existed. The ceiling had three metal plates where older lighting fixtures once existed. The room cabinet had an old mount where a TV was once attached. (The actual room TV was a new flat screen that was set into the wall however.) The door frames were banged up.

My room had a frig and microwave. The bathroom had what appeared to be a new shower and sink and bathroom vanity surface (that’s good) but an old toilet near its end-of-life. There were no towel bars in my room. Some Motel 6 beds, I have found, are really bad but this was one was not: it was not super-great but it was just fine for me.

The room was pretty mediocre but I paid $40 for a single so it was a good value.

Room Tip: Request room as far from I-81 as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dayton OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The title of this review says it all. I did not stop here to use the pool or to admire the decor. I wanted a cheap, clean, quiet room to sleep. This Motel 6 is just right for the price. No frills, but no bugs. Very clean, the room smelled fine and there was lots of hot water. The staff was friendly and efficient. Free coffee and fast internet access in the lobby made my morning productive.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Wytheville? Share your experiences!