“Worst Motel I've Ever Stayed At” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Wytheville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wytheville
Motel 6 Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   220 Lithia Road, I-77/I-81 North at Exit #73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #16 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Columbus Ohio
“Worst Motel I've Ever Stayed At”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I paid $52 for a night which is a little on the low end motels in this area. I have always thought of Motel 6's as pretty clean, I was wrong. The rooms were getting renovated, their were holes in the wall, half the walls were painted. Bed mattresses were laying outside. The staff did give us a newly renovated room. This was a much better improvement however it was dirtier than expected.

The pool showed its age but worked and the water was clean.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Howell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel before and each time it fine for what we need. We stop here on our way to Georgia from NJ. Its a no frills place but thats what the hotel chain is known for. The staff was pleasant, we slept well, and they accept pets. Its all we needed at a reasonable price

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare from the second we walked in. We stopped passing through, and just needed a place to lay down for the night. Nothing more. I regretted it immediately. I will never stay at another Motel 6. We were in room 113. The floor, instead of being carpeted, was covered in a cheap looking and feeling linoleum type covering (felt more like wallpaper) that was wood grained. It felt so weird under your feet. Never seen such a thing. The pillows were paper thin and hard as a rock when you folded them in half to try to make something of it. I slept leaned up against the wall instead. I would have slept better in the car. Let's move on to the bathroom. Turned on the light and there was a huge spider crawling out of the fan on the ceiling. Hubby took care of that one. I turned on the fan to scare out the rest of the spider family, and out they came. Took care of them. My son was sitting on his bed and claimed a spider was on his face, then refused to sleep on that bed (that's where I was lucky enough to sleep....). The bathroom was so nasty I didn't even want to shower in there. There was trim pulled off the wall and holes in its place. Grayish stains on the walls. We realized we had forgotten a toothbrush for my daughter and walked to the front desk to request one (most motels have a few on hand!) They did not have one. I guess that's what you get for a $50/night room. I do NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is not one of the old “corporate” Motel 6s but one of the franchised operations. It was obviously an old motel that once operated under a different name that entered the Motel 6 franchise program. This Motel 6 directory noted that this motel had the “New Rooms” that Motel 6 is promoting. More on the interior of the rooms later. The motel is on a hillside above Interstate 81 and is composed of several one story buildings. I requested and was assigned the one story building that was the farthest away from I-81 and there was no road noise. I am not sure if that would be the case if your room was in the first or second building closest to I-81.

My king bed room was large and would have easily held two queen beds. These may have been Motel 6’s “New Rooms” but my room was dinged up quite a bit. The “New Room” concept requires a “hardwood floor” which I think is a composite flexible material but it was applied poorly. The sub floor preparation was probably non-existent. The floor was flimsy and buoyant. There seemed to be bubble in the floor underneath it since the floor material was squishy and flexed when you stepped on it. The walls had been repaired in the past with different texturing and the walls had scars where electrical conduit ran between old switches and lighting fixtures that once existed. The ceiling had three metal plates where older lighting fixtures once existed. The room cabinet had an old mount where a TV was once attached. (The actual room TV was a new flat screen that was set into the wall however.) The door frames were banged up.

My room had a frig and microwave. The bathroom had what appeared to be a new shower and sink and bathroom vanity surface (that’s good) but an old toilet near its end-of-life. There were no towel bars in my room. Some Motel 6 beds, I have found, are really bad but this was one was not: it was not super-great but it was just fine for me.

The room was pretty mediocre but I paid $40 for a single so it was a good value.

Room Tip: Request room as far from I-81 as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dayton OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The title of this review says it all. I did not stop here to use the pool or to admire the decor. I wanted a cheap, clean, quiet room to sleep. This Motel 6 is just right for the price. No frills, but no bugs. Very clean, the room smelled fine and there was lots of hot water. The staff was friendly and efficient. Free coffee and fast internet access in the lobby made my morning productive.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pharr, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at this Motel 6 while passing through Wytheville. I really can't say anything bad about it; for the price of $35.99 a night it was fine. You get what you pay for so don't come expecting the Hampton Inn. I had one of the rooms that wasn't remodeled yet (room 304). Even though it wasn't remodeled the room had a new flat panel TV with more channels than most other Motel 6's Ive stayed in. I was traveling with two dogs and there's a good amount of grass around to walk your pets. The only gripe that I have is that the carpets in my non-updated room seemed really dirty. It appeared that they were a much brighter blue at one point in time. Maybe shampooing it every once in a while would be good. I recommend this place if you're looking for a cheap place to stay the night while passing through (ESPECIALLY if you have dogs as there's no charge.)

Room Tip: Go for the front two rows of rooms, as they are the only ones that appeared to be updated, as of 7/2...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I am staying with my boyfriends family in wythville for wyvacon.. Needless to say, when I found out we were staying in a motel 6 I was VERY upset. But despite the reviews on here, it was not that unpleasant. You can tell they have renovated recently; there are piles of broken and nasty baseboards and matter eases outside. The outside is quite ruff, doors are beat up and cracked. But the room itself was a big relief. The beds were pretty comfy and there are no signs of bed bugs. All of our linens appear clean. The bathroom is in pretty sad shape, the flooring is not lauded down well in places and the parts surrounding the tub are really torn up.
TL;DR It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, I would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Motel 6 Wytheville? Share your experiences!