“Good for the Price” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Wytheville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wytheville
Motel 6 Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   220 Lithia Road, I-77/I-81 North at Exit #73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #17 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Pharr, Texas, United States
“Good for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my second time staying at this Motel 6 while passing through Wytheville. I really can't say anything bad about it; for the price of $35.99 a night it was fine. You get what you pay for so don't come expecting the Hampton Inn. I had one of the rooms that wasn't remodeled yet (room 304). Even though it wasn't remodeled the room had a new flat panel TV with more channels than most other Motel 6's Ive stayed in. I was traveling with two dogs and there's a good amount of grass around to walk your pets. The only gripe that I have is that the carpets in my non-updated room seemed really dirty. It appeared that they were a much brighter blue at one point in time. Maybe shampooing it every once in a while would be good. I recommend this place if you're looking for a cheap place to stay the night while passing through (ESPECIALLY if you have dogs as there's no charge.)

Room Tip: Go for the front two rows of rooms, as they are the only ones that appeared to be updated, as of 7/2...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I am staying with my boyfriends family in wythville for wyvacon.. Needless to say, when I found out we were staying in a motel 6 I was VERY upset. But despite the reviews on here, it was not that unpleasant. You can tell they have renovated recently; there are piles of broken and nasty baseboards and matter eases outside. The outside is quite ruff, doors are beat up and cracked. But the room itself was a big relief. The beds were pretty comfy and there are no signs of bed bugs. All of our linens appear clean. The bathroom is in pretty sad shape, the flooring is not lauded down well in places and the parts surrounding the tub are really torn up.
TL;DR It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, I would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Milton, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you are looking for basic accommodations, this Motel 6 might fit the bill. The rooms have all recently been redone. I wasn't sure what I thought of the vinyl wood look flooring but they were new and clean. I suppose that would be easier to maintain for an establishment than carpeting. There were 8 of us traveling so we had two rooms. The outside of one door was in rough shape but the inside of the rooms were in good condition. Some things appeared to have been "patched" but at least they had been done and not left as they were. We were not expecting high end accommodations as we only paid $50 each for our rooms. The woman who checked us in was patient and cheerful despite us checking in around 1:00 a.m. We would consider staying here again overnight if we were en route somewhere but probably not for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boonsboro, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

On a recent trip from Maryland to Florida and back we stayed at 5 different Motel 6s with this one being our 1st. During this trip we found that there are no set standards from Motel 6 to another and no matter how nice or dumpy the room is the prices are about the same. We arrived around 1030 at night after driving for 5 hours. Check in was smooth, cost about $45. We were in room 110, the outside door looked as though something had chewed on the bottom. The room looked like it was under construction. The bathroom was missing trim work around bottom of tub/shower and along the walls. I totally dislike the wood like floors, they are cold and unwelcoming. During this trip I can truly say this was the worse Motel 6 we stayed at.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this motel to anyone.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We are about to stay here again for the 5th time in 9 months. As a family of 10 with 3 rooms and as a couple. They have update the rooms over the last 6 months that we have been staying here. Outside of the building looks worn but rooms have no stained carpets anymore and modern furnishing and fixtures. There is an outdoor pool that we used last summer but is under construction for repair right now. I recommend this hotels for their convenient location and value.
There is a small "tiny" church down the road worth checking out.

Room Tip: Request that doors don't connect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here 4/6/13. Arrived at 12:30am after driving for 5 hours. Was exhausted and my back was killing me from an injury the day before so when I seen the sign along the interstate for $39.99 I gladly pulled off. BTW they charged me $51.05
Checkin was quick. On the way to our room we passed piles of old lumber and garbage piled in parking spaces. I thought maybe they were renovating but believe me that is not the case.

The room was freezing cold upon arrival. Got the heat on but it would only blow out lukewarm air so it took forever to heat up in there.

The carpet has been replaced by cheap linoleum trying to look like wood. At first I thought it was a good idea bc it'd be easier to clean. The bed spreads looked worn so I pulled them back to reveal yellowish sheets that were barely holding on to the mattress which has dirty, filthy, yellow with stains along the sides of it. I pulled the mattress corner up to inspect for bed bugs (which I didn't see) and found dirt and loads of dust between the mattress and boxset edges. Not just a little either it was VERY gross! At this point I was so tired I could barely function so I figured it would do for a few hours sleep if I left the light on (hoping any bugs would stay hid) and didn't touch the mattress. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and I actually got very little sleep.
In the morning I was shocked to see the bathroom was even worse than I'd thought it was the night before. The toilet took forever for the water to go down and there's no way I'd have sat on it. It was filthy! The shower water would never even make it to warm let alone hot. I left it run for over 5 minutes hoping it would warm up which it never did. So cool shower it was. The floor in the bathroom (made of the same linoleum) was even dirter than around the beds. There were actually small pebbles beside the bathtub and black dirt all over the floor. Had to make a towel path just to shower and brush my teeth. The towels were yellowish and small.

The pool was full of dirty water with garbage floating in it. No way it's ever worked in the past couple years just like there's no way that room has been cleaned EVER! There were so many other things wrong with this place that I won't even begin to list. Usually I would have went straight to the manager and demanded my money back and went to another hotel or at least complained to the desk clerk when leaving but I did not bc of my back pain and a very very tight time schedule.
I've toured this country as a professional musician in the past and a lot of times they don't always give you the nicest of rooms. That said I've stayed in some real dirt holes and had to make due with them bc of contract reasons. This place made it on my "Top 5 Worst Places to Stay in America". Motel 6 should be ashamed to have their name associated with this place.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Was impressed by the easy check in, took less than 5 minutes. The check in clerk was very nice and friendly. The room was roomy with vinal flooring which seemed to have a cleanliness feel than the carpet. It had a microwave and fridge, neither of which we used. It also had a flat screen tv. The sheets and pillows were clean but the comforters needed to be replaced. We never use the comforteres in any hotel so this wasnt an issue. The beds were also comfy, not too hard or soft. We did have some neighbors that left around 5:30am and I could hear them but it didnt bother my husband or kids. We stayed the night just to refresh and it was a great value (50) if you are looking for a decent hotel. Was very impressed with this Motel 6.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Motel 6 Wytheville? Share your experiences!