“Average BW Motel - Very friendlly and helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average BW Motel - Very friendlly and helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I inadvertently booked the wrong night online. I didn't change the default date that auto-fills in your booking. SO we had no reservation for the night. The desk clerk and manager were very helpful in re-booking for the night and all ended well.
Now I'm trying to get BW to give me credit for the wrong night booked.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sandra M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. I hope all is well and we are looking forward to see you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Rahway, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The Wytheville Best Western is a very nice facility that provided excellent facilities in which to pause in our trip. The facility is attractive on the exterior and well appointed and maintained on the interior. All of the amenities and installed featured functioned properly. We did have initial problems in connecting to the free Wi-Fi, however after a period of waiting, connection was finally achieved and we did not lose it during the stay. Breakfast was a great experience from the raised dining areas to the varied selection of food that was hot and plentiful. Overall we were extremely well pleased with our experience at this Best Western.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandra M, Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.
Moundsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have stayed at this motel numerous times and have always been pleased, until this time. The hotel is starting to get rundown and needs some attention. The cleaning of our room was lacking in a couple of areas. The breakfast area was nice and had a variety of choices for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough and insightful review and suggestions to improve the experience for our valued guests in the future. I am glad that our convenient location and prices have been useful for your family throughout your past stays, though I am very sad to learn that we are not moving in the right direction. We value your opinion and suggestions for improvement as these comments help us to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stopped here on my way home from a business trip.I checked in not thinking there would be issues after being a loyal Best Western customer. I asked an employee to show me my room, she was staggering and reeked of alcohol. On our way down the hall I noticed the carpet was stained and tore up.When I opened the door to my non-smoking room it smelled of smoke and mold. I immediately asked for the manager to let her know I would not be staying there and to let her know about her employee she gave me no response or apology.Also the pictures on there website are very deceiving. Stay away! there is a nice Hampton down the road for 20.00 more

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. We do insist that smokers refrain from smoking in our non-smoking hotel rooms, and I apologize for any evidence you encountered that someone had been smoking in the room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping, maintenance, and staff courtesy issues. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any services or amenities that did not live up to your expectations. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.
We hope to see you again soon!
orrville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

overall it was nice it just felt outdated in the room. meaning it felt old & carpet could be new or better yet maybe try fake wood floors w/big rugs. breakfast was good & the bathroom would be nice if hotels would put the fan on a separate switch so when I turn the light on @ night it does not wake everybody up. I use the bathroom light as a night light w/the door slightly shut but its a pain when the fan is on.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve. We hope to see you again soon, and hopefully to impress you with our ongoing improvements.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Great stop on our way home. We got a room with a king bed and room was very spacious. No elevator to second floor but the climb up the stairs was not bad. Room and bathroom very clean. Our room had jacuzzi tub with separate shower. Shower is a little small. Lots of choices for breakfast. One of the best we've had. Plenty of room to move around other guests. Great price for the room we were in, definitely a pleasant surprise. Would recommend this to anyone and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Sandra M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience, filled with hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. We hope that you will visit us again soon. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel!
Marion, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We've had good stays with Best Westerns before, and were honestly just looking for a bed to crash on during our long drive to vacation. After getting checked in, and getting to our room, we immediately began having major concerns. The initial things we noticed were the stains on the bedding and suspicious white stains on the chairs. The dirtiness of the room led me to complain personally to the manager on duty, who seemed rather unsympathetic to the issue and made no attempt to set things right. We then noticed that every outlet in the room was out of the wall and sitting on the floor, and when I tried to use the phone to call to issue the concern, it was out of the wall and unusable as well. With two small children, we just didn't feel that we could feel right having them sleep in the room and cancelled the room and went to a very nice Sleep Inn just a mile down the Interstate. As someone who has traveled a fair amount, this was easily the most unsatisfactory hotel I've ever stayed in (or almost stayed in).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are so sorry to hear that your most recent visit with us did not meet your expectations of quality service, accommodations and hospitality, and you had to cancel your room. We assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. We do hope you will return and let us show you a far better experience.

Been to BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn? Share your experiences!