“Good, cheap....what I expected. Pet friendly.” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“Good, cheap....what I expected. Pet friendly.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We drove down from Ontario, going to South Carolina. The mid-way point of our trip was Beckley, but wanted to avoid that area.....so we drove an extra hour to Wytheville. I think it was worth it.

First off, we had our dog with us, so we needed a place that accepted pets, and was cheap. We're staying over night, so all we need is something safe, clean, cheap and convenient. This Best Western is all that. Plus...it sits on a nice property, great for walking the dog. This is the main reason I choose this hotel....not only do we need to be comfortable, but we want our pet to be happy too.

The room is clean, no complaints. The door however is very loud when it shuts. Everyone's door slams shut......and since most of the people who stay here are travelling to the Carolina's or Florida, a lot of them get up early, and continue on there way..which means when they all leave early for there road trip....you get woken up due to those loud doors slamming shut.

That is my only complaint. I did't eat the breakfast or use any of the facilities. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sandra M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Please accept our sincere thanks for the opportunity to provide our services to you we want you to feel at home – whether this was your first or one of many visits here. Our customer relations are very important to us. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Booked two connecting rooms for our family and that is exactly what was waiting for us at checkin. Front desk staff exremely welcoming and helpful. Very quiet and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was as expected.

Shrewsbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was so shocked by this hotel. It smelled awful. Dogs allowed in the rooms. Smell of stale cigarettes in corridors of designated non- smoking area, sign said so, and each door said non-smoking room. I could smell it while in my room. Lumpy pillows. Breakfast was hideous, plus paper plates, dishes, cups and plastic spoons? Our room had an adjoining door to the next room. I could hear the man next door snoring, in addition to my husband in our room.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Please accept our thank for the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apologize that we fail to meet the standards that you expected in a Best Western.
SW Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Myrtle Beach. The first room we used a coupon from the welcome center and the room they gave us was very outdated, dirty (hair on and in beds, Sheets looked like they had been slept in. Bathroom mirrors dirty. We were moved to a Queen room which was MUCH nicer but still had dirty mirrors and floors were not vacuumed properly. The bed was incredibly comfortable though. When the Desk Clerk came to check the first room she said "
Oh, that's just hairspray on the mirrors". Really? You don't clean them? Next room was the same but we were too tired to bother with changing again. At breakfast they seemed to be always out of things and we had to ask for them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in a large room with a king bed, love seat, coffee table, desk with tall- backed desk chair, mini fridge and microwave, and plenty of lighting. We used our tablet computer screen to show the clerk an internet coupon for a walk- in price that was lower than the Internet reservation price, and he cheerily pointed us to the lobby computer to print a copy of the coupon for use.

The pet fee was reasonable. There was a small fenced pet exercise area and our dog frolicked to be able to get off- leash outside.

The motel was tucked off a side road but within a mile of the interstate exit and convenient to anything in Whytheville. I recommend requesting a courtyard room to avoid more highway noise (we had a courtyard room and could still hear faint highway noise).

For the price this was an entirely satisfactory motel and we would choose this motel again when traveling through the area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had called this hotel from the road and luckily they had a room available, we were only about an hour away.. The manager, Sandra was working the front desk, was extremely helpful, applying our discount and referring us to several good restaurants in the area.The queen beds were a bit more firm than we are used to ,but the room was very clean.An elevator would have helped as we were on the second floor and older. The breakfast in the morning was very good with alot of variety and everything was kept really clean. What was supposed to be cold/hot was kept that way. The only negative I can think of was that there was an "authorization" for over twice the amount of our rate applied to my credit card. When I noticed this the next day, I called, spoke with Sandra and she assured me that would drop off and only the actual charge for the room would be applied. She did point out that there is a notice at the front desk stating this policy, but I didn't see it, nor was it brought to our attention at check-in. It would have been nice for her to explain that when we checked in so I wouldn't have had to make a phone call the next day. Other than that, her service, staff and hotel was very good!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a problem climbing stairs, request a first floor room!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here the first of two nights we were on the road during our semi-annual trek from one residence, in NE Ohio, to our other home in SE Florida,

First, and most importantly, I can't speak highly enough of the person behind the front desk - I'm sorry, I forgot to write down her name -- who helped us immeasurably. Earlier in the day, I had made a reservation for that facility online and -- my mistake -- I neglected to put in the date I wanted it --- (which should have been for that very night). About an hour or so later, I realized my mistake and from the road called the hotel directly, and was told the reservation actually was for the next evening. The person who took my call changed the date, and later, when we checked in, also was extremely helpful. Thank you, whoever you are!

The motel was nice -- very serviceable,the room was ok, etc., but - and perhaps I might be in the wrong -- because we did not investigate this more fully by walking and looking around the corridors on the first floor -- if I'm not mistaken, it looks like this Best Western lacks an elevator (they have two floors), so the only way to get to the second floor is by walking up a flight of stairs. To my way of thinking, this is a negative--- especially for elderly travelers who get assigned a room on the second floor. (If I'm wrong about this, my apologies to management, and I stand corrected.)

Other than that, I would recommend this Best Western for travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn? Share your experiences!