“Disappointing stay” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jamestown NY
“Disappointing stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Sandra at the front desk is peach, but she can't make up for the deficiencies of this property. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The walls are thin and we could hear doors banging in the hallway well past midnight. A call to the front desk produced no relief from the noise. The tv stations were disorganized and fuzzy. The hotel is 2 stories but there is no elevator. On the flip side, our room was clean and the rate was low. Wytheville tends to be a quick stopover city and this hotel provides the basics, nothing more.

Room Tip: If stairs are a challenge, get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. We do take all comments seriously and pass them on to the various departments for correction. We do hope that you will consider Best Western Wytheville Inn again.

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We selected this particular hotel because our elderly dog was traveling with us. This is an older hotel but is well maintained & our room #114 was clean w/updated furniture. It seems that this hotel is quite popular, as there were long check-in lines from time to time. There were a great many people staying here w/pets & housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping the area clean. We noticed no pet hair or odor in our room or in the halls. A large grassy area in back w/an off leash fenced area allowed pets an opportunity to explore. The hotel offered a nice continental breakfast w/convenient area, in lobby, in which to eat. The hotel location is rural but very close to downtown attractions.

Two slightly negative things I will mention about the hotel is that the hall ceiling seemed a bit low and the bed was a bit firmer than other Best Westerns...but still comfortable. Neither of these would prevent me from staying here again.

Nice, clean hotel and hardworking, friendly staff!

Room Tip: If you are traveling w/pets rooms closer to exit doors may be more convenient.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Please accept our thanks for your comments concerning you stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want all guest to feel at home whether this was their first stay or one of many. We do look forward to a return visit from you
Naples, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I was a little nervous about our stay. We were just stopping along our roadtrip from GA to PA so we made our reservation the day of our stay. The hotel is very convenient to the Interstate. We were very impressed with the room for the price that we paid. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly. In response to some of the negative reviews on here, it's obvious that some people will never be satisfied no matter what and will always complain... In response to the "foggy window" review, I checked our window just out of curiousity - I was there for a good nights sleep, not to stare out the window. But, if you care to know, our window was perfectly clear and clean. Also, in response to the "dirty remote" review, we had a very nice and clean TV remote. In response to breakfast complaints, we were quite satisfied with the "complimentary" breakfast. There was a variety of things to choose from. My husband enjoyed the waffles and I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy - some of the best I've ever had actually!!! And the biscuits were NOT hard. Oh, and in response to the review about the eggs, it was VERY obvious to me that the eggs were there for a HEALTHY option for those that wanted a hard boiled egg. Why would you even think that they'd set out a raw egg!!?!?
The shower head and pressure was great! It was BETTER than my most recent stays in Marriott and Hilton hotels!
There were only a couple things that I noticed but I didn't let them ruin my stay... When I first entered the hallway and our room, I noticed a stench of smoke even though we had non-smoking room. I am pregnant so I have a strong sniffer, but I quickly got used to the smell and assume that the room was at one point a smoking room year ago since it's an older hotel. Also, the bed was squeaky (didn't lose sleep over it!). The only other thing that I noticed that's a big pet peeve of mine was the women working with the breakfast food stepped outside right out front of the glass doors and smoked in plain view of all of the guests while we were eating. If you're going to smoke at work (especially with food), I think it should be done in a private place out back or somewhere that's not in direct view of guests.
In conclusion, we were very satisfied with our stay based on our needs. We would definitely stay again if the need presents itself. It's perfect for our road trip stay but it wouldn't necessarily be my pick for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Perfect for our Needs
Please accept our sincere thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor concerning your stay at Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guest to feel at home whether this was their first stay or one of many. I especially appreciate your other responses to the other comments that are on Trip Advisor as well. Thank you so much.... We at Best Western Wytheville Inn will look forward to your next visit and I hope I have the opportunity to meet you.
Hernando, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I read the reviews before booking this hotel. We were on our way to Washington DC and this was a good place to stop for the night. Yeah for the price ($72 total) it is probably hard to beat, but I think for maybe $20 more I will try some other hotel next time. We requested a non smoking room, but we could smell smoke and the carpet had cigarette burns. The furniture was old and dated. There was mold in the shower. Again maybe this is the best in Wytheville and maybe we should have gone on to Roanake.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Felt Like 1986 all over again,
Please accept our sincere thank for allowing Best Western Wytheville Inn the opportunity to provide our services to you. I do apology that your stay was not up to the standards of Best Western. We appreciate all comments and we do pass these on to our staff to let them know where they need to improve.

We at Best Western would appreciate another opportunity to serve you and would look forward to having you visit us again the next time you are in Wytheville.

Granite Falls, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This place was perfect for the Price. The Hotel was conveniently located off the Interstate. The Hotel is extremely well Managed, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. My room was clean and very Cozy. Bed was very Comfortable. The Breakfast was Wonderful. I have stay at other Hotels in Wytheville, VA. But I must say that the Best Western is the best. Thanks for all your Hospitality. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that plans on staying in Wytheville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Absolutely Perfect
Thank you for your comments concerning your visit with Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guests to feel at home when they stay with us. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit at Best Western Wytheville Inn.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

On August 4, my husband and I stayed in your motel and it was such a pleasant visit that I just wanted to thank you and your staff who made it that way. There were no handicapped rooms available when we arrived, but we were given a nice clean room, and the next morning, I asked about a shower chair and one was found for us. Thank you so much for your kindness to us. Your friendly staff really made our day after a long and tiring trip.

Anna Rose Mooneyhan
Ocala, FL

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Mooneyhan,

I want to express my gratitude for your comments during your visit with Best Western Wytheville Inn. We want our guest to feel at home whether this was your first visit or one of many visits with us. We will look forward to serving you the next time you are in Wytheville.

Wading River, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The service and cleanliness were great. The staff is very helpful. After visiting family and friends all day, it was great to come back to a room that's so clean and comfortable. I definitely like to sleep in when on vaca and appreciated the quiet of the surrounding area. Will definitely be visiting this Best Western again when I come down to Wytheville again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WythevilleInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Please accept our sincere thanks for your kind review on trip advisor. We want people to feel at home whether this was your first or one of any visits here. We at Best Western Wytheville Inn sincerely hope you will consider us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Wytheville Inn? Share your experiences!