“Great stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Scotland
“Great stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stopped here on a long road trip when we were just too tired to go any further. Comfortable and clean rooms with a reasonable breakfast. Special mention to the girl at the desk (Melissa, I think) who was very friendly and really helpful. I wholeheartedly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We recently stayed here and compared to two years ago when we stayed here, we were disappointed. The rooms need updating (get rid of the outdated wallpaper borders), towels were small and scratchy, the two treadmills in the fitness room, were in need of repair. Breakfast food was limited to all white, bread, bagel, biscuits, rotten bananas, a couple containers of yogurt and not much else. Don't go next door the the family diner, as the potatoes, squash, we're frozen/ out of a box, the green beans were out of a can and the meatloaf and chicken, we're barely edible. We previously went to Flying J's restaurant and the meal was much tastier. Stay at the Hampton Inn in Wytheville and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The service was ok. The breakfast food was empty when I arrived to eat, but the hostess was in the back enjoying her own breakfast. The rooms are terribly outdated, pillows uncomfortable, carpet needs replaced. The pool was the worst with paint chipping off into the water. If they put some money back into this property, it would do better. Obviously they're not doing that. It was extremely overpriced for what I got. I will not return.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here b/c the pool at Fairfield was under repair. The Comfort Inn pool was in the lower 80s which was better than we had seen lately - coming from hotels that all seemed to have pool heating problems. We had never stayed at a Comfort Inn before. Initially I was impressed with the front desk staff that actually gave me a quick tour before I paid for the room. Unfortunately, we didn't end up staying in that room - and instead I requested one on the 2nd floor - which was apparently near the elevator and a downstairs heat pump. The heat pump kept us up half the night. The bedding looked very nice, but under the comforter I saw that the blanket was old and worn. The quality of the room furniture was lacking - not real wood and a patch on the sofa. The breakfast bar lady was very nice and kept the bar well-stocked and clean. They didn't ask us how our stay was - as I think that they didn't want to know. I am pretty sure that they know about the heat pump problem, so ask to be in a room away from the heat pump.

Room Tip: Stay away from Downstairs heat pump.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Good value hotel that helps us traveling with our full family, including pets.
The room was clean, spacious, well decorated and comfortable. Plenty of hot water.
It is very convenient to I-81, but located where you don't hear any road noise.
One drawback was that my wife was so comfortable, we didn't get back on the road as early as we wanted to. Our dog was very happy as well.
We will be back again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make a reservation.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cheraw, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

One of the nicer pet friendly hotels we have stayed in! First room had a definite odor, but they immediately moved us to one that was fine, no problem. Spacious, beds were comfortable, our cat loved looking out the window (which had a nice, big base perfect to sit on and survey the world), the bathroom was not huge but fine, GREAT water pressure! Breakfast was normal motel breakfast, fine but nothing special although I think they did have the waffle maker... Would definitely stay here again. Easy access from the interstate. Good gas station right next door.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the stairwell/elevator for a more quiet stay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Traveling with my elderly parents and kindergarten son, this was the 1/2 way point on our trip. After checking in, we went to dinner at which time my father had to be transported to the emergency room by ambulance. I dropped my son and mother off at the hotel and went to the hospital. I later called the hotel and asked to be connected to the room registered to our last name and she said she did not have that name staying. I then asked if our name was registered to room 107 and she said no. Being aware that more than 1 comfort inn in the area, I tried another and eventually called the first back and just asked to be connected to our room number. Under the circumstances I was in, this error on the front desk clerks part was unforgivable. I did not feel that this hotel lived up to typical Comfort Inn quality and service and would not stay at this location again. I arrived back at the room at 12:30 AM and under other circumstances, I would have relocated to another hotel. The room was LESS than clean, pillows were terrible, bedding/sheets were very worn not crisp and white.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!