“Fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Richmond, VA
“Fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Tried Smokey's BBQ while overnight on business in Wytheville, based on Trip Advisor recommendations. I was a little concerned when I arrived and was the only guest there, so I decided to get take out. The cashier was helpful in explaining the options, and I settled on the Smokey's BBQ Plate, which came with a generous serving (maybe 5-6 oz?) of the pulled pork, plus chips, 2 sides and a bread. I chose the baked sweet potato and the green beans, which were both very good. The sweet potato was baked to the point of mash, which, when mixed with some brown sugar, was outstanding. The price was vey reasonable, and my take-out was ready in less than 2 minutes. Given most of the other restaurant options in Wytheville are chains, this was a nice option for dinner.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome regional casual cuisine(food that is)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

food was great service was excellent friendly locally owned customer oriented A great example of a type of food that is regionally known for. Easy access from interstate for travellers. Owners hands on and interact with patrons to insure you have a great meal.

• Visited October 2013
“Good but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The location and price were fantastic for this little joint. We also enjoyed the hometown service and local taste. While the food was tasty, the BBQ was a bit lackluster for me as it didn't have any sort of flare. However I only tried the sweet and tangy, perhaps with the hot pepper vinegar sauce it might have been better. Def worth a visit for any BBQ fan!

Narrows, Virginia
“Order For a Family Reunion: It's Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant and the one in Marion, VA, (when they were still in business there) and the food always has been beyond my expectations. The owners and staff have gone out of their way to please customers and the price is very reasonable--especially for the homemade items one purchases. The food is great. I have gotten large orders for family reunions for several years now and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed the food I brought from this restaurant. I plan to order again within a week or so for another reunion. Give it a try at Smokey's BBQ folks. You certainly will NOT be disappointed that you did--especially if you are looking for good food and not the usual "fast food". They are conveniently located on Main Street not far from the Interstate.

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We were in wytheville for the Bristol night race and were told to check it out, there were 6 of us and we all enjoyed our food we didn't know what "hush dogs" were so our server brought us a few cold ones to try and then brought out a basket for us for free he said we weren't leaving until we had some....fantastic food and a great atmosphere we really enjoyed it :)

• Visited August 2013